What Fashion are you<<<< What culture are you>>

Work : professionally formal and sharp, silk tie a must, occasionally with suit, shoes must be kilat kilat

Non-work : lousy t-shirts (3 for $10 kind), flower patch bermudas, "Abibas" slippers/sandal

guys wearing tappered pants always amuses me -_-.
worst if they are obese ppl. sori...but they look like chopsticks or stuffed ketupats walking around :confused:

hahaha...wow..lots of reply...

the whole idea is just sharing with other people...
Seriously, if you don't know what to reply somthing relate to Fashion..

please kindly go to other forum....

of course Main thing is wear what you wana wear
im not asking someone's help or even seek of advice...just discuss with one another

thanks...
hahaha..about the Skinny topic...no matter what you say...it's still popular to some people...to all the Sex stuff and Shitting stuff..come on,you don't see toilet business good everyday...

meaning ..not everyday you gotta to see Toilets full of people...??hahha

sex<<<you don't just sex fast What....wala...please la.no trying to pin you but yeah..it takes sometime lo..

an example very near to us would be plainsunset's bassist Nizam.. He wears an assumed 10year old(or more?!) Ramones t-shirt with the wordings faded, during baybeats 06.. wat's the fuss abt fashion? don't u think u'r being too hypocritical towards ur own self just to look good on someone else's eyes?

It's not wrong to dress presentably, but i honestly think by wearing shawls, cardigans, vests, jackets, skinnys (and it goes on...) etc. under the hot sunny SINGAPORE would be plain dumb..

and i wouldn't go about buying topman shirts, Fresh box (or watever the f*ck fashion ppl would call it) which costs up to 70+ per shirt coz i dun think i need to waste money on clothes which one day i will throw away..

And back to the thread, as long as i act humane enough, den i would be satisfied with that culture.. i dun need to "label" myself under a certain culture group or watever.. And so i've heard, there's indie kids la, punk kids la, xcore kids la, watever-core kids la.. THIS ARE ALL SEGREGATIONS! u're just to making urself different from the norm.. But in fact, everybody's the same!

bottom line, passions stands out over fashion.. and stop 'labelling' urself to b part of something, coz in the end, u'll look back and laugh..

They're out there to impress their friends; chicks; themselves.
Your advice will only fall on deaf ears in this forum. Don't bother wasting your time. Let's just discuss about our own culture.

But I still pick baggy t shirt for hot Singapore. Practicality over all!

hmmmm very interesting replies here. hahah.

let's see...

if i'm feeling lazy, i put on the first tee shirt i see and a pair of berms (not those girly tight ones, mind you). if i'm not feeling lazy, then tee shirt and skinnies. and i'll usually wear these with either sneakers/slip ons or flip flops. as for makeup, it's only for when i'm not lazy. hahahha and it's only eyeliner. i don't put much makeup like girls usually do.

i spend quite alot on clothes, purchasing quality articles of clothing is one of my personal pleasures. but i do know my limits, and also when hype=/=quality.

also, i really wish we had cooler weather here, so i can experiment with outerwear and stuff :)

my pet peeve:

whats wrong with tapered jeans? i feel they are ideal for people who are slim but not tall, because straight leg jeans, without a hint of tapering from the knee down (dont have to like tights of course), tends to create a pretty sloppy looking silhouette, and makes the person look stumpy and disproportionate especially if the person doesnt have well built shoulders.

mattleesc
i think you have answered your own question: people who are slim and tall, fat and tall, or fat and short wearing tapered jeans :)

not those girly tight ones, mind you
i don't put much makeup like girls usually do
You got something against girls ...sheessh !

i WEAR slippers on stage!!!

fashion huh...
heard of the song by audioslave? it goes like tis...
"be urself is all tat you can do..."
>>> BEing yourself = believing in yourself that you can be the best ... so wearing flip- flops on stage is NOT being the best its more like being an ass ... a simple ass !!

Somehow, I get the feeling that the people here are against dressing up, lol.

Imagine, if everyone went around wearing baggy tshirts and ah pek shorts and slippers! My gawd. Where got chicks and hunks to oogle at?!

Image counts for a lot, really. Everyone wants to dress up and look nice now and then, no?

I'm into old school rock, metal and the likes, but I don't dress like I belong in the glam rock/hair metal era. I dress base on occasion and mood. Mostly I look like I'm going clubbing. Girls are vain by nature mah.

I wear tshirt and jeans and sneakers to gigs, because they're comfy and easy to mosh in.

There's no need to look like you're part of Luna Sea or X Japan even if you adore them to death, ain't it?

If you're looking for good deals, try shopping online. They offer more unique stuff. I'm not sure about guy labels, but for the chicks out there, try livejournal communities, they accept bank transfers!

Although guys look good in skinnies, not everyone can pull off that look, beware. Only for the lean ones. Not even for the average-build.

Vests look stupid, especially on guys.

Cardigans are love, they look amazingly dressy for guys.

Shawls and scarfs, please leave it to us girls, unless you look like the (what's-his-name) frontman of HIM.

At the risk of sounding materialistic, just a word of advice to guys; a girl would prefer to date a guy wearing an armani/fcuk shirt than a guy wearing an OP shirt or some cheapass pasar malam shirt. It's about being self-conscious and respecting the other party that you're going out with enough to want to look good. And of course, the brand represents your spending power, too ;)

snuff is a very well dressed man.

I commented once... "snuff, nice shirt man!" and he replied "Its tailor made!"

I rikes snuff. He rocks.

fyi, gsonique, i don't have anything against girls. LOL i just choose to dress guy-ish sometimes. like, i don't wear those tight female shorts which they call berms. i like to wear berms that guys wear. eg. Dickies.

and as for makeup, i really just have eyeliner on. i don't see the fuss about having to put foundation, concealer etc. waste of time and money. LOL. makeup ain't cheap, y'know. hur.

i know some people who would pay a lot just for the brand name..
that's kinda sad..

sometimes, brands is a lot more important to some people.
how retarded..
no offence, honestly..

Lol aiyah best is naked ah. Cheap, simple, and got no dilemma at all. hehe just that you need the rest of the world to collaborate with you or else you'll just be really really queer. hehehe :D

I also notice this fashion trend among the girls in singapore.. They dress up almost exactly like each other, use retro shades, tapered to the max pants, little miss loser shirts.. When i look at girls, i get irritated now. Cause they all look the same!!

How come you all talk about others and not yourself? I thought this topic is about YOU?

For me, very simply. When not meeting client, wear t-shirts and jeans. I am cheap culture - always wear free t-shirts.

Back