Pedalboard Pictures!

9pyzig.jpg

If you're asking patch cables, yup bring them measurements, or better yet bring your board down to the shop and TYMC can do custom length patch cables for you.

Will there be an extra charge for service? I have abt 8 pedals, any rough estimate on the price of the cables? wanna get the canare with neutrik heads

it's been quite some time since i've posted, in fact, my last post was on page 476, 2 years ago!!!

ironically in that post i mentioned that i had no intention to get any smaller than the pedaltrain jr.

well here's my board now. nothing extravagant, just a simple setup which i've found to be practical and good sounding.

DSCN5894.jpg

and NO i don't intend to head towards the pedaltrain nano! :p

Hey Dric dont mind me asking where did you go to get the mod for the pt mini done? I wanna fit my bbe supacharger under my mini too...hehe

pedalboard20101220.jpg

Here's the most used pedals in my setup for my spoken-word/poetry trio.

The signal goes...
Cmatmods Sigma Compressor
BYOC Script Phaser
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner
Maxz High Gain Monster (running @ 13.28V)
Subdecay Echobox (running @ 12v)
Digitech DL8

Connected by Lava interconnects. Excellent, excellent, excellent DIY wiring system. Good tone and no noise. Mai Hum cables.

All powered by the Cioks Schizophrenic stuck on the top of the PT-mini. Pretty secure, didn't have to order a custom modded one from the USA in the end.

Everything fits into the PT-Mini bag and it's a joy to lug around. It's like a little handbag!

Interesting nuggets...
The Echobox doubles as a very nice chorus/leslie/warble-er effect too.
The DL8 is actually not very user-friendly live - can't see nothing on a dark stage.
The Schizophrenic is quite a nifty power supply. Lots of 9V/12V options + one outlet that goes to 18v.

Last edited:
Nice board! Been wanting the signa comp and echo box for awhile now haha.

So what happened to the other stuff on the PT-2?

The sigma's pretty well-priced. Worth a shot.

The other stuff is lying around. I guess I would get down to selling them soon. Or something. Hmmm. Actually the stuff that's left - are things that get the essential sounds. Like an overdrive that's compressed and smooth, got a Xotic AT BB... a silicon fuzz, check, got the PTD Mini-Bone... etc etc.

Who knows, maybe I'll have multiple PT-minis. Hahahaha.

Plus its on sale now haha. The signa comp impressed me when I tried it with the other comps that were at SV some time back.

Yeah, you're mainly missing the dirt from the PT-2 the rest is all filter, octave, chorus etc. But the HGM is enough already, damn good pedal.

heh, for the context of spoken words and poetry, having much of the typical sound of guitar dirt, distortion prolly gonna destroy the texture and mood of the performance.

No pathein... it doesn't. Why would it? I've performed with my 8 string with dirt in varying levels... light breakup, bluesy overdrive, pop/rock stuff and even heavy metal grind, and the feedback is that - it works.

That's like saying a ballad has to be @ 80bpm only.

In fact, I'm trying very hard to stay away from the typical delay+reverb drenched sounds that is so often heard. It's painfully boring, however effectively such an arrangement may be. Heck, I think that the whole U2/Edge sound-on-sound sound is typical of Singapore's music.

Valid points you have there, some.

n fact, I'm trying very hard to stay away from the typical delay+reverb drenched sounds that is so often heard. It's painfully boring, however effectively such an arrangement may be. Heck, I think that the whole U2/Edge sound-on-sound sound is typical of Singapore's music.

singapore music pretty much rojak. The u2 edge sound on sound thingy prolly only some folks round us. I have known fellas who do synth pop, hip hop, rap, dance stuff with geetar as well. They are pretty much different from the usual geetar playing folks. Of course, not to mentioned some who are into controllerism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controllerism) as well.

Hehe, perhaps the limitation is in the instrument itself related to the music we like..

pedalboard20101220.jpg

Here's the most used pedals in my setup for my spoken-word/poetry trio.

The signal goes...
Cmatmods Sigma Compressor
BYOC Script Phaser
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner
Maxz High Gain Monster (running @ 13.28V)
Subdecay Echobox (running @ 12v)
Digitech DL8

Connected by Lava interconnects. Excellent, excellent, excellent DIY wiring system. Good tone and no noise. Mai Hum cables.

All powered by the Cioks Schizophrenic stuck on the top of the PT-mini. Pretty secure, didn't have to order a custom modded one from the USA in the end.

Everything fits into the PT-Mini bag and it's a joy to lug around. It's like a little handbag!

Interesting nuggets...
The Echobox doubles as a very nice chorus/leslie/warble-er effect too.
The DL8 is actually not very user-friendly live - can't see nothing on a dark stage.
The Schizophrenic is quite a nifty power supply. Lots of 9V/12V options + one outlet that goes to 18v.

heh nice board, Daniel.

I was at tymc that day and CK told me you got a cioks schizo....so I ended up selling off my BBE and getting one myself.

Just curious, only one dirt pedal? No need to stack meh?

Ized, yeah, I got that one. It's small and has a good variety of power options. I'm not into the large multi-efx pedals so it's all cool. So my Voodoo Labs PP2+ is also on sale.

However, I can hear some noise that was not there with the PP2+. Haven't had time to properly check it but I hope it's not the Cioks.

The High Gain Monster has 2 "channels", each with it's own gain control. I treat the 2 channels as different pedals because they do sound different - low gain channel is warmer. So it's really like 2 pedals in one box.

That said, there is a "booster" - that's the compressor. Secret weapon. Immediately - you know that a compressor can add tightness and bite to the tone. However, the Sigma Compressor has a TONE control that can really sculpt the EQ dirt pedals after it. If need be, I can also pump up the level on the Sigma to push my dirt box.

74678_10150111581886539_645401538_7912121_639787_n.jpg

And so I decided to join the mini crowd :) Blackwood is having awesome deals on pedaltrains...so pls do go get one if you havent done so yet!

Made the decision to downsize cos this is what I use mostly 90% of the time, and I don't want to lug about a heavy pedalboard for combo band shows since carrying your own amp and other respective gear to set up is already quite the biatch.

Everything is powered by Cioks Schizo...no noise issues at all. My setup is pretty quiet, even with my Pure Drive stacked into the 7th with the high gain channel and boost engaged. Signal chain is as follows:

Maxon CP101
Subdecay Proteus
NOC3 Pure Drive
Seventheaven
Korg Pitchblack
Catalinbread Valcoder
CAE Line Driver Boost
Boss DD7

Everything else except the 7th is running on 9V, 12V on the 7th is just the right voltage for me, nicely balanced in terms of dynamics.

Last edited:
The schizo seems to be pretty popular nowadays eh.. Ized, I don't think I've seen a mini with that many pedals before.

Btw, I just noticed in yours and daniel's board. Won't the power cables get squashed when its in the softcase? It might not be as bad for daniel's one cos its slightly lower but your cables seem to be quite high.

Back