Pedalboard Pictures!

guitar77 just brought in a few pieces!!! went down to check them out yesterday.

agree that it was more of a british voiced type pedal, and didn't deliver the modern hi gain metal type sounds that the name suggested. it really sounded great, but just wasn't what i'm looking for now, so the search goes on...

guitar77 just brought in a few pieces!!! went down to check them out yesterday.

agree that it was more of a british voiced type pedal, and didn't deliver the modern hi gain metal type sounds that the name suggested. it really sounded great, but just wasn't what i'm looking for now, so the search goes on...

It depends on how u tweak it ...it is not a british voiced pedal, I would say it has an unique hi gain distortion, yes you are right guitar77 brought in a few pieces, they went to Thailand to get from Maxz personally....

Nice.

I love the HGM. Been using it for several months now. Try it at 12v or 18v.

Direngrey - did you spec for a larger box?

I had Maxz make a HGM with knobs instead of the switches for more versatility but he couldn't figure out how to get the mids control into a knob... a pity - that mids control is just over the top otherwise.

Nice.

I love the HGM. Been using it for several months now. Try it at 12v or 18v.

Direngrey - did you spec for a larger box?

I had Maxz make a HGM with knobs instead of the switches for more versatility but he couldn't figure out how to get the mids control into a knob... a pity - that mids control is just over the top otherwise.

Shredcow, is there a difference between 9 and 12 or 18 volt?i have been using 9v all the way. I love the HGM too, the tone is amazing and till now I just can't believe its from a pedal, the Hi Gain is very crispy, aggressive and clear. As for the box size, Maxz told me he is using a larger box due to his customers' feedback on the previous box is too small, cramped and easily touches other knobs while one stepping on the pedal.

Last edited:
Shredcow, is there a difference between 9 and 12 or 18 volt?i have been using 9v all the way. I love the HGM too, the tone is amazing and till now I just can't believe its from a pedal, the Hi Gain is very crispy, aggressive and clear. As for the box size, Maxz told me he is using a larger box due to his customers' feedback on the previous box is too small, cramped and easily touches other knobs while one stepping on the pedal.

Yes, there are differences... quite obvious differences too. Give it a shot. :)

My board:

PedalboardVIII.jpg

Way too much dirt, in the process of downsizing... or maybe not :twisted:

I stack them lor. BD-2/ skrewball with the fuzz face for high gain fuzz, BD-2 with skrewball for med gain rhythm , zendrive for lead boost, BD-2/ skrewball for low gain rhythm, fudge by itself. Those are the ones I use more often, I find that the 2 headed monster can't cut too well so I might wana replace it with something with less bass and more mids.

Just many different flavours of dirt/ fuzz, the bad thing is that there isn't a lot of overlap which makes it harder to get rid of any of them.

This may sound crazy, but you could try your Monsterpiece after a buffer, instead of first in the chain. I like how a buffer can tighten things up with a fuzz face-type circuit. The loose feeling of a unbuffered FF is best used into a hot amp on the verge of breakup to me.

I used to use 5 dirts but in the end realized I had absolutely no need for a bunch of em.
In fact, now that I JUST got my Fuzz Factory, it can handle absolutely everything with the help of my volume knob.
Just need an SD-1 at times for the lighter stuff.

I do use it after a buffer actually, the CS-3 first in the chain, didn't like the fuzz first. I place it there cos its out of the way as its always on. The "hot amp" is mainly the BD-2 or skrewball but I do use my amp OD sometimes.

I have a smaller board for jams so I'll pick the ones that will be used and place em on the board.. Its kinda stupid to carry all of it there, almost as dumb as having 7 dirt pedals in a board heh.

I'm gona try the ecstasy soon, hope it can replace a few of the pedals on the board. Its capable of quite a few sounds but I got home late last night and couldn't play much.

Thanks man. I wish I could stick with 3-4 pedals but its a really difficult task to downsize..

Haha, the zendrive is great man. I'm in the process of convincing myself to sell it cos the ecstasy can be similar to it but it just can't make my strat sing as well as the zen :mad:

It's easy to downsize. Just figure out what you use more often and stick it onto your board.
Did this from 10 pedals to 5 for 2-3 years.
Boss SD-1 (MIJ)
Elite Tone Fuzz Monster
Ibanez FL-301dx
DOD DFX91 Digital Delay
Korg Pitchblack.

Of course I put on my Morley wah once in a while. And ever since I got my fuzz factory, the other dirt pedals seem to get more and more useless! I could live with 3 pedals, a fuzz factory, a delay and a tuner.

If you're asking patch cables, yup bring them measurements, or better yet bring your board down to the shop and TYMC can do custom length patch cables for you.

Back