Pedalboard Pictures!

There are some threads on TGP about the malekko phaser problem. Just from the top of my head some of the solutions include adding a resistor to increase headroom (not too sure of the details) and using an isolated power supply for the phaser esp if you have other pedals with a high ma draw.

@wck: Just read about it this morning on TGP. It's only applicable for the older versions if i'm not wrong. Not sure which version mine is cos i got it in a trade. Will emailing Malekko help?

Yeah of course. Emailing them would be the best. Just email them with the serial number and describe the problem lor.. Not sure if they'll reply soon cos its the holiday season so be patient if it takes some time.. Have you tried using batteries btw?

Hmm. I'll try emailing them once i get the time. Nope havent tried with batteries yet. Dont have any spares lying at home plus i just got the pedal last night. hehe

Using a battery might help with the volume drop.. As for the distortion I think placing it as close to the front as possible and maybe use single coils? haha. If you need to boost the signal boost it after the phaser lor.

A battery wouldn't fit in that enclosure. Those fishfinger sized enclosures can barely even fit a 3pdt switch in there.

74693_10150106475217640_505107639_7221635_6930838_n.jpg

Christmas edition :)

Wish the M9 had an effects loop... no space for an M13... maybe :p

Yeah it sounds great! With the high- and low-damp controls you can keep the reverb sounding natural and not overpowering while still pushing the decay time and mix pretty high. Right now my favourite setting is a long, dark room on the shimmer mode, which not only generates octave up but also a subtle hint of fifths. When used with my Arion for -1 and -2 octaves... oh the sweet layers :eek:

The one-preset concept also works great. Only thing I miss from my Cathedral is reverse mode. I think I'll still use the cave and particle verbs on the M9 which are simply unique, and the spring on the Boss FDR-1 for convenience, so I can use the blueSky for more ambient settings with the plate and room.

Wa you use so many types of verb and so little drives quite the opposite of me haha.

There are rumours of an eventide verbfactor coming out but they're just rumours.. I think you'd be interested in that if it does come out.

Haha I think it's a good mix. The TOD, Arion, two Korgs, tremulus lune and buffer cost less than a blueSky :p

The current Eventide's real selling point to me is the MIDI control, but that's not something I need right now. Of course it'd be interesting to see. For the price I might as well get another M9 lol

Anyway I've got a Boss PS-6 Harmonist supposed to come in by now, still shipping I guess, and I think that'll settle the board for a while. Just need to sell off unused stuff and get a Cioks AC10. Shiok!

Haha still got more coming in.. You getting officer's pay ah?

I just got my DC-10. The price is pretty good with the discount now. But.. where is the cioks gona go? don't see any space on your board for it haha.

But.. where is the cioks gona go? don't see any space on your board for it haha.
Is that a challenge? I am very good at Tetris!

Actually I'm trying to find someone who can do some mods, some drilling and cutting to fit it underneath. Check these out:

Last edited:
If you can fit it on the board pls post a pic. I wana see haha. If you're gona mount it under the board just check first that it doesn't stick out underneath and make the board uneven. According to August at TYMC some models of the PT-2 are ok but some don't have the space so it needs to be elevated.

You probably can find someone to do it on TGP. If you've got some time just search on some of the pedalboard threads, sometimes people post some good shots and describe how to do it.

Yeah, it'll most likely stick out, so I want to cut a slot for it instead of raising the board with more rubber feet. If you click on the pictures above I linked to this studio that does all these mods, some even have a patch bay in the back so you can output from there, very neat.

Oh ninzan studios, I've seen quite a few of his boards on TGP. Really good and practical mods to the pedaltrains especially on the PT-mini's.

Wouldn't it be pretty expensive to ship the PT-2 to him and back?

My soon to be wired pedalboard (awaiting my wah)

My soon to be wired pedalboard (awaiting my wah):

IMG_0502.jpg

Last edited:
Back