Pedalboard Pictures!

Tommy's Tonebenders are VERY good. Plus his communication and service is top notch. Pricing might be very steep for the Tonebenders now though as he's mainly concentrating on his original designs. Definitely above the 200usd range.

Shrewcow: Yeah man, u sent me your recording of the sybil before. Very aggressive and quite big sounding.. I prefer something thinner and more cutting tho.

Turn up the tone controls on either side of hte Sybil or blend in more scilicon - you get what you're asking for.

Fuzzes are great fun. A pity they cost so much.

Anyone tried the PTD mini-bone? That was mighty impressive. Malcolm has one. Handles humbuckers and singles well. It's fun to have the guitar sound trumpet-ish and it's not a useless gimmick; actually is very usable. The trumpet effect is toggle-able too.

Ahh ic, 200USD is quite costly. Hope I'll be able to find something more affordable and decent. Sad that singapore doesnt have a decent selection of fuzzes if not ill so much poorer heh.

Oh cool, I've only heard 1 sound so can't really tell. Maybe I'll try it when I return your cable haha.

I've heard Bobby D's demos of the PTD stuff and they sound pretty good but cant really tell cos of the recording quality.

Here are the gutshots as promised, the close ups are quite blur but theres no hiding that its really neat.

0 photography skills + phone camera=

Gutshot1.jpg

Gutshot2.jpg

PNP side:
PNPgutshot.jpg

NPN side:
NPNgutshot.jpg

Yeah, they're good pedals..Pretty affordable fuzzes compared to other makers.. Thanks man, not that great but u get the idea how tidy it is inside.

Still think my board has not enough fuzz haha.

Okay okay, this thread is about the pedalBOARDS, not just pedals

g43p.jpg

Same old same old, just ONE major change (for this afternoon at least).

Heard all the hype about the KOT? Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to reiterate, believe the hype.

Skipper53: Congrats on the KOT man, not really impressed by some demos I've heard so I've never really wanted it haha. Btw, thats the cbread trem right? How does it compare to other trems?

Skipper53: From bobster eh? Hahah yea i did talk to him about it. His price not bad.

wck: The demos aren't impressive at all. You got to try it in person :) I was quite turned off by the demos too but i took the plunge and got a KoT too... all i can say is wow.

superpotato_30: yea! Brilliant steal! hah.. I'd half feel bad if it wasn't a KOT!

wck: the thing to understand about the KOT is that it's not a dirt pedal per say. It's just a box full of tone, SO MUCH TONE! Actually it has surprisingly little dirt to begin with, but gosh, it really just add so much character to your tone. Demos and words fall short. this one's a must. Today, plugged into an AC 15, my CU24 kept asking me: why? why haven't you treated me this good in the past?

The semaphore is a brilliant trem pedal, tonnes of warmth. Tones of tweakability, so much so that i kinda don't know what to do with it? lol. but yes, it's a gorgeous trem.

Yep it was never meant to be a dirt box. It acts beautifully as a low - mid gain OD, versatile for tone shaping be it in boosting or standing alone. The dipswitches inside provide even more options. My settings are switches 1 and 4 activated. Yours?

Superpotato: Haha thats what I've been hearing a lot these days.. Don't really need a low gain OD now so I'll try not to be tempted by the KOT.

Anw, I've posted my board alr so.... wheres yours?! :p

Skipper53: Yeah, from the demos I've heard it seems to be similar to a comp or clean boost in a sense that u can leave it on all the time. Haha, u all making me more gian to get one but I must resist.....for now :twisted:

Need a trem more for now, thinking of buying a tr-2 AGAIN but I'm tempted by the semaphore from Burg's demo.
The thing I didnt like about my previous trem was that the taper of the pots were not consistent so its hard to get some sounds.

Sian my coming pedal delayed for 3 weeks minimum nia ): hahaha

Hmm ill post soon. I lost my camera batt charger maybe i'll use my phones one again.

Back