Pedalboard Pictures!

Sorry to interrupt the Analogmans :D

64848_477257277639_505107639_6574671_376163_n.jpg

Really enjoying the M9's looper and filters, and even some of the dirt models (RAT and tube od). Still can't get the delays to sound exactly how I want. Just something about the mix I'm not used to. Only thing lacking is a dedicated looper button.

The Seventheaven I got on a whim since there's more and more showing up 2nd hand. Most people probably use it for mid to high gain, but I'm finding quite interesting low-gain tones. Even though it's not a sound I was looking for, but interesting enough to keep playing with for now. We'll see how long it stays...

Nice and neat pujangga!

wck yah, that's a t1m mini buffer. I needed it when I was running a load of weird old pedals. Now the buffer on the M9 is pretty fine, but since it takes up no space (velcroed to the underside of the PT2 usually) I just left it at the front of the chain.

Ohh ic, t1m has been getting lots of good reviews on TGP.. thinking of getting his buffer if my board gets too shitty sounding.

Nice board pujangga, I see u like the cmat mods pedals eh.

Thanks Carboxymoron...neat only on the pedalboard, but because I put the Nova System in my amp's FX loop, there's a whole lot of mess behind it...too many cables going all over the place. :p

wck: Yep, I find the Cmatmod pedals really effective. Also helps that the main distributor ie. Standard Value is in my neighbourhood. :)

superpotato_30: still on stock settings. it's just too pretty to even bother tweaking. SO much character. I'm really really sad that I'm not gonna have much use for my Lovepedals. My AC15 has never been happier :) We should jam! hah... so what's coming in 3 weeks? I'm eyeing an El Capsitan. Demos on that thing sound a little too good to be true. lol

Honestly, I'm not too impressed by some of the dirt pedals namely the plexidrive, signa drive and the brownie. I've tried the dlx signa comp and I shd be getting it soon heh. Immediately loved that one.

Have u compared both the cmat comps btw?

superpotato_30: still on stock settings. it's just too pretty to even bother tweaking. SO much character. I'm really really sad that I'm not gonna have much use for my Lovepedals. My AC15 has never been happier :) We should jam! hah... so what's coming in 3 weeks? I'm eyeing an El Capsitan. Demos on that thing sound a little too good to be true. lol

Hahahah nice nice. Oh whats coming is an OLC circuits Thor circuit. Emulates the plexi tone better than any pedal i've ever heard. Hahha can jam la but not in the coming month man. A levels haha. Wa El capistan.. after the KoT not broke eh? LoL

wck: at half the price and size of some other buffers, definitely a good choice. But if you're usually running a comp always on at the start and the DD20 at the end, do you really need a buffer? But if you ever want to order t1m let me know... tempted by a few of those little pedals

So who's actually tried the Strymon stuff since it arrived at SV?

Hah you should talk? A level dude pedal shopping online hah. I work hard for my money, let me enjoy it the best way I know how!

Not much of a HEAVY distortion person, like my light ODs, hence why the KOT's replaced the 2 Lovepedals, I think I'll still work in my Orange E6 though, just for options. But yes the klon is something else. Lol I have a Thor, but it's on loan since I dont use it much.

Yeah, thats why I dont need one at the moment. Even with the good price its still abit of a waste. Sure thing man, don't think I would be ordering soon unless my whole board magically gets true bypassed overnight haha.

I would like to know also, been too busy the past week to go anywhere.. Might go down this week if work doesn't kill me.

Hah you should talk? A level dude pedal shopping online hah. I work hard for my money, let me enjoy it the best way I know how!

Not much of a HEAVY distortion person, like my light ODs, hence why the KOT's replaced the 2 Lovepedals, I think I'll still work in my Orange E6 though, just for options. But yes the klon is something else. Lol I have a Thor, but it's on loan since I dont use it much.

heheh i dont work hard for mine. I SAVE hard for mine :). The KoT broke my pocket hahha.. paypal any1 can sign up wat x)

My thoughts on the Klon: The Klon to me is more of a boost to reveal the magic from a tube amp.. If one does not even have the amp to be pushed the klon's potential would be sorely undermined. Most people think they can set an overdrive to a setting that can emulate the klon thinking they can compare the two pedals side by side not realising thats not what the Klon was for anyway.

I'm not a huge delay fan, in fact i find the capistan having a bit too much options :X

I tried 3 out of the 4 comps from CmatMods so far...I tried the Deluxe Signa Comp before (traded it with a Barber Direct Drive from superpotato_30. :) ) and I compared the 3-knob Deluxe Comp and 4-knob Deluxe Comp. I settled on the 4-knob cos it did the job better. But I do agree that the dirt pedals are not too impressive. Wampler does a better job.

I bought the Tube Slammer because I needed an OD to push the drive on my amp. I didn't want to settle on any old TS, and the Tube Slammer is actually cheap, considering the quality.

heheh i dont work hard for mine. I SAVE hard for mine :). The KoT broke my pocket hahha.. paypal any1 can sign up wat x)

I'm not a huge delay fan, in fact i find the capistan having a bit too much options :X

I can respect a dude with such refined taste in gear, saving hard for the good stuff and all. Good on you.

Yea, the El Capsitan.. they kinda tired to chuck in a lot into that box eh? Just looking out for something emulate that tape quality I guess. My darn DMM went wonky eons ago.

Cool, why didnt the signa do it for u? I emailed Chad and he said that the signa does abit better with dirt but I'm just looking to get more opinions.

Don't think I can go wrong with either tho, I'm biased towards the signa comp's copper finish haha. Not a good way to choose pedals for sure.

Yeah, the Cmat pedals are good for the price but not the best.

Superpotato_30: I think the El cap and brig has too many options and too little knobs.. Don't like the hold down 2 switches and turn this knob to activate something concept. I prefer a simple and intuitive layout, plus I'm lazy heh.

Last edited:
Just looking out for something emulate that tape quality I guess. My darn DMM went wonky eons ago.

You want my Skreddy Echo? Hehe..

I feel for you bro.. My DMM is also cranky and repairs cost a BOMB.. That is to date the best sounding delay I've ever played AND heard. Will want to buy another working DMM one day.. I used to think tape > analog bbd technology until I tried the DMM.

I can respect a dude with such refined taste in gear, saving hard for the good stuff and all. Good on you.

Yea, the El Capsitan.. they kinda tired to chuck in a lot into that box eh? Just looking out for something emulate that tape quality I guess. My darn DMM went wonky eons ago.

Hahah and i can respect a dude who works hard for his $~.

Yep as dudelove says, have you tried the echo?

Cool, why didnt the signa do it for u? I emailed Chad and he said that the signa does abit better with dirt but I'm just looking to get more opinions.

Don't think I can go wrong with either tho, I'm biased towards the signa comp's copper finish haha. Not a good way to choose pedals for sure.

Yeah, the Cmat pedals are good for the price but not the best.

Superpotato_30: I think the El cap and brig has too many options and too little knobs.. Don't like the hold down 2 switches and turn this knob to activate something concept. I prefer a simple and intuitive layout, plus I'm lazy heh.

Oh with regards to the cmat.. hmm i sold it sometime back but my it was one of the most quiet compressors i have tried. ( k not say i've tried alot but yea it was quiet :) ) The providance of many knobs allowed for a large variety of tone shaping. If you're looking for that orange comp/dynacomp sort of squish this may not be the best option though. The cmats adds that nice punch while retaining clarity. The sort of thing that can be left on all the time without the compression being noticed yet appears to be missed when off.

Another compressor that really left me awestruck was the barber tonepress. I have no need for compressors anymore :)

Back