Pedalboard Pictures!

jms, yup haha. Did the job wonderfully when I needed it.

The El Cap's extra options seem like exactly that -- extra. Useful to have, especially the boost and reverb, but you probably don't need to adjust them much. I'm just reluctant to try because I know I cannot resist... A convincing tape-style looper for someone who will never be able to afford or care enough to maintain an echoplex... sigh

Yeah, when I tried it I maxed the sustain and level and the noise was reasonable. Not really looking for that squish, thats why I'm letting my randolf cs-3 for the signa

I'm using the cs-3 as an always on comp but I want more clarity and balance than squish which the signa provides well.

Wanted to try the tone press but TY was out of stock at that time :(, the blend control is really useful for subtle stuff and clean boost. Makes it so much more usable.
If the signa had a blend I'd be sold on it immediately haha.

Carboxymoron: The sound on sound isnt really a looper also la, your m9's one is better unless u like degrading repeats.

You want my Skreddy Echo? Hehe...

Heh.. I'll keep that in mind dude, kinda hoping for something with a tap tempo. Kiddo drummers in church with tendencies to speed up ever so often is bad for preset delay tempos. lol.

Never have tried it though. Your take on it?

Last edited:
Skreddy Echo is alright. Sounds like an EP-3. I was slightly underwhelmed when I got it. Simply because my expectations for it are too high thanks to the DMM.

I prefer the way the DMM decays, its much cleaner, clearer and warmer, the Echo gets a lil dirty and the repeats lack alot of bass. The DMM's modulation also trumps the Echo. Much lusher and dreamy.

But well, I'd love the Skreddy Echo if I never played a DMM. The Echo still retains its space on my board. Even if my DMM wasn't spoilt, its too big and troublesome to put on my board.

hmm ive not rly ventured into the "atas" delays like echo and Dmm... still trying to grasp why should i not be happy with boss DD type delay sounds, maybe its because ive not heard the echo and dmm?
the malekko 616 looks really good, anybody has any views on it? (im a tap tempo guy though:(

2010-10-07231914-1.jpg

Great pedals extant, can't say board cos there isnt one there haha.

Don't see the whetstone in soft much, awesome phaser. Did u get the bluesky from SV?

Unwired it a while ago, playing around with combinations of pedals. Dirt after delay/reverb makes cool noise. Waiting on a PTJR for the entire setup.

Got the whetstone from PGS and the bluesky from SV, yeah.

@dudelove: Doesn't sound like I'd like it much? Demos on it aren't all that impressive either. For now I'll stick to my ND-1. Functionality over form for the time being. The El Capsitan holds much hope, gotta give it a try soon.

@Extant: How's the blueSky treating you here on our shores?

Ic, havent tried delay before dirt.. Too lazy to unwire and rearrange the pedals haha.

Looks like it'll all fit nicely on a pt-jr. Hope the bluesky's a keeper man, the demos sound really good.

Extant hows the strymon pedal ?
May i know how much it cost at sv ? cldnt find it on the web.
I have a big prob now as i'm looking for a reverb-ish pedal budget being at around $150 and below.
Thats becasue i'm thinking of upgrading my vox ad15vt-xl to a ac4tv8 or ac4tv or the mini version which comes with no effects.

lol, the strymon wont even get close to 150. Its $425 if im not wrong. The boss reverbs should be within $150 2nd hand.

Wow its much much more than i expected.
Ic but boss seem to have many reverbs. Alot of different models right ?
But how do i choose between the 10 inch 8 inch celestion or the vox 6.5 inch speaker ?
Just for home use.
But i heard that u nid a at least 10 or 12 inch for decent sounds with pedals too.
Is it true ?

Its pretty expected cos the strymon website states about $300 USD so it does add up.

The verbzilla is pretty good too. Go google for the specs of the individual boss reverbs, the internet will be more helpful than me heh. If pedalboard space is an issue then the malekko chicklet 2nd hand would be a good choice but I feel that its good for adding just a small bit of reverb, not so much of that ambient washed out thing.

For cheaper reverbs I recommend the RV-5, its modulate mode is really awesome.

The Bluesky's excellent sounding, a bit more subtle than the Nova Reverb I used to have and the shimmer is fun to play around with. Modulate mode is great and I can get very organic sounding to shoegazy tones from the pedal.

I don't have problems with pedal board size as i dont have a board. ):
Anyways jus home usage currently.
Btw anyone owned both the boss rv and the ehx holygrail at the same time?
Which?! hahas

Back