Pedalboard Pictures!

ranking sells zw od at 165 but e lady says got 10%...
does davis give any discount? if davis gt discount den i think we can all get from davis.else.. u noe..

hmz sweet temptation! seems like it looks good,sounds good n works good!
shld be a great deal.. if only sweelee sale would have it den e price oso good! haha

ooh od.. hmmm i guess the best bet is to try try first la, but then again there is more to life then boss and mxr dirtboxes. the search NEVER ends!

lovepedal!!! aaargh... shits..
im currently very curious as to what cascading ods do, eg visualsounds J&H.. and perhaps the zimm also

Don't forget, the response of any pedal varies with the rest of the equipment used. Eg. The output of the pickups and the amp used. Unfortunately whenwe buy equipment , not practical to bring down entire rig(amp and all) down to try. Thats why theres a vibrant buy/sell market out there.

Just grab some common od/dist boxes and cascade them. :)

Its quite an art to cascade them properly... some boxes don't work well with one another, all require different settings to reduce noise when cascaded, and so on so forth.

But when you found your magic, hehe...

my magic seems to be glowing from an AMts9->eternity->skreddy mayo combo.. whoo.. soon soon.. haha goodness.

hey anyone has a nick greer gold nugget out there? im very very curious to hear how it sounds like

Latest update on my rig! my moog muRF and misse board have arrived! woohoo :D

Photo-0065_edited.jpg

Signal chain:

Guitar - Crybaby Classic Fasel Wah - Boss FV50H - Fulltone Soul Bender Fuzz - MI Audio Crunchbox (borrowed) - Xotic RC Booster -->

Voodoo Lab tube guitar preamp - onboard cabinet simulator -->

Custom true bypass loop pedal (moog muRF) - Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus - Line6 DL4 Delay -->

Tech 21 Power Engine or DI box-PA system.

The muRF (an analog sequencer which can also do a whole lot of other things like phase, trem, etc) is controlled by a Proel latching pedal for tap tempo, and a moog expression pedal for any of the other parameters.

The MI audio Crunchbox was borrowed from my friend Chris. I should be getting either a Fulltone OCD or Xotic BB preamp in place of this soon.

excellente gear, fenderben!

how do you find the crunchbox compared to distortion u get from the VoodooLabs preamp?

also curious about the Fulltone Soul Blender... u got it from the dude on luther eh? :)

MrE said:
excellente gear, fenderben!

how do you find the crunchbox compared to distortion u get from the VoodooLabs preamp?

also curious about the Fulltone Soul Blender... u got it from the dude on luther eh? :)

Thanks for the kind comments MrE.

The rhythm channel of the voodoo is a classic marshall medium gain overdrive, and the lead channel is more like a souped up boutique amp kinda thing, eg bogner. The Crunchbox is more of a high gain hot rodded marshall sound. Haven't played with it enough to describe how it sounds.

However, one thing i don't like about the voodoo lab is that both the rhythm and lead channels share the same EQ. :(

Yup, i got my soul bender really cheap on luther.. 8)

Ah Fenderben,
I saw your pedalboard picture and am duly impressed!

But there's this other dude called MrBen, and I'd like to check out a picture of his pedalboard as well.

Apologies for the mix-up! :lol:

Phil said:
Ah Fenderben,
I saw your pedalboard picture and am duly impressed!

But there's this other dude called MrBen, and I'd like to check out a picture of his pedalboard as well.

Apologies for the mix-up! :lol:

haha.. no problemo hose! :D

Hey fenderben how does the crunchbox sound? Got clips? Anyway here's mine, rather empty.. Got a board this big cos I thought I would need the size but apparently not, I think I shall downsize soon, this is too heavy for me to carry around.

11062006004(1).jpg

Nop, mid boost. The original application of it was to thicken the sound of single coils for a humbucker like sound. I use it as a solo boost though, with interesting results. Makes my solos cream and sound outstanding without being too loud. I might try a clean boost in the future tho.

Back