Pedalboard Pictures!

gr3y. hahahah yeah. arranged it like that cos my board has space. if i squeeze em together, i'll have alot of empty space

mr bukka, its been good so far. still trying to get the gist of using it. hoping to try it with more amps over the next few weeks

jms, hahah yes. my room has a shortage of power outlets so i just suck power from my pedalboard :X

godspeed. hahaha they seem to be rather friendly to each other

ized! i'll be wiring it up by this weekend then it'll probably stay this way for a longlonglong time ahahah (HOPEFULLY)

URL=http://imageshack.us]
phppzgnk8ammw3.jpg
[/URL]
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91

URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9343/phpq4nopaamqp8.jpg

http://img222.imag

My Super Duper Messy Pedal Board..

Last edited:
How's the Klon treating you?

Actually i just got it last 2 weeks. ( Waited for 5 mths man..)

But its worth it.For my case, certainly works well with strat..
Im not too sure with humbuckers though...

But u actually need an amp which u like alot. This pedal cant make ur amp sound like Super Duper amp u would be dreaming for. (it does not work this way)

I have owned a NMF FD2 previously.Comparing both definitely the klon stands out.
it gives alot of mid that ur sound will sound so full and warm( not muffled.. coz sometimes it may sound muffled.. i thk i have encounter this problem with FD2) that i have never heard in my life.

Plus If u use it for a Clean drive and boost it with a distortion pedal( in my case i use demonizer).. sweet man.. u can rock the stage i tell u..( maybe a bit exagerating)

Ha ha ..

Hope my 2 cents will help..

Last but not least it is as quiet as u can imagine..

Funny.. Feel the same way about my SD-1.. Haha..

Ever tried comparing it with a Timmy, or a Honey Bee? Heard they all fulfill the same territory? And with the new Kingsley Jester in town, there's too many low gainers to boot!

Funny.. Feel the same way about my SD-1.. Haha..

Ever tried comparing it with a Timmy, or a Honey Bee? Heard they all fulfill the same territory? And with the new Kingsley Jester in town, there's too many low gainers to boot!

hmm.. not really with the ones u mentioned.

But i do thk every Overdrive has their own characteristics.. even for TS808 as Grey has.. so depends on the guitarist knowing what he wants.

I cant imagine all overdrive has the same sound.. it would be very boring..
haha..

However u could compare whether is the pedal is 'quiet' in the sense whether are there any unwanted hissing sound when stomped or even true bypassed.. some may prefer their sound not coloured. : )

cheeers.

My 2 cents

True.. I prefer color though.. Why on earth buy a pedal when you want it to sound like it wasn't there!!! Heck, even the microphone used for recording colours the tone.. -_-

At the end of the day, we just need to get down and boogie with it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kdwuI7V6Pw&feature=related

And Gr3y, yeah man.. The simplest pedals sounds the best at times.. I like my friend's modded TS9dx compared to his FD-2, OCD, and ex-Creamtone..

hey coloured meaning the ur guitars natural tone is unchanged leh. i would want guitars tone untouched by the od and add just the dirt to ur sound. thats why many boutique ods boast abt being 'transparent'.

i'm pretty particular abt that actually.

dudelove, maybe a good term for that would be "eq transparent".

I think its great for a dirt box to impart some characteristics... I think its ugh for a dirt box to cause the guitar to lose its original eq - e.g. bass cut, treble boost, more mids, add honk, thins/scoops mids...

I just think a guitar shouldn't get... turned into something else because of a dirt box. Single coils can't do a raging thick humbucker tone or a fat, jazz tone... it just don't sound natural.

Err.. Exactly.. Adding dirt to your tone, obviously you will color the tone? A slight boost to the mids, or bass or treble, is undeniable.. You will obviously change your tone since you are, after all, doing SOMETHING to it?

If you don't want to colour the tone, then get 2 tube amps.. One at a lower volume and one higher so that you can have both driven tones as well as clean.. But but but.. Then the cables got colour the tone!

Oh well.. Always hear this.. The most transparent drive being the Klon.. You can give that a shot if you really want something that isn't there, but it is.. Am I making any sense here? o_O

Err.. Exactly.. Adding dirt to your tone, obviously you will color the tone? A slight boost to the mids, or bass or treble, is undeniable.. You will obviously change your tone since you are, after all, doing SOMETHING to it?

If you don't want to colour the tone, then get 2 tube amps.. One at a lower volume and one higher so that you can have both driven tones as well as clean.. But but but.. Then the cables got colour the tone!

Oh well.. Always hear this.. The most transparent drive being the Klon.. You can give that a shot if you really want something that isn't there, but it is.. Am I making any sense here? o_O

Same sentiments here.. Coz OD will definitely boost ur sound.. affecting mostly by the mid to give u a more fuller and warmer sound which u can play solo with and more sustain in klon situation.( not too sure about timmy or TS808 coz never tried one b4 so maybe Bro Grey could share?) In addition it may sometimes affect ur ur treble too for example DS1.( even for the mij series)

Bro Godspeed, even for klon its not true bypass, but its minimum and adding that.. chk ku chick.. ku sound.. i dont have the word to describe(pardon me pls) : ) hmm.. Colouring my tone but i like it.. hahahah..

And if u like ur amp OD especially for marshall tube.. u can use klon as a a booster too.. I can assure u be blown away man.. getting that clean smooth dirt sustaining sound without sounding like a distortion. ( coz sometimes even for some OD when u tweak the gain knob too high in order to get more sustain, u ended up with alot of unwanted fuzzy and hissing sound)

However to be pratical, during gig u cant always get the amps u like, in the end have to make do with wat u have( unless u bring ur own amp..) which i dont thk most of us do

So u can see alot of factors does affect ur sound.. in the end still up to u to decide wat u want..

Last edited:
The KLON is mid heavy which compliments bright single coils into fenderish amps.
And it's not a TS type ...a little bit more!!

final update of my board..... completed meaning no more GAS finally!

DSC01006.jpg

Speaking of transparent.... I've played and owned so many of these so-called "transparent" boosters like the RC booster but none of them comes close to this IMO:

DSC00968.jpg

Thank you Goose for the final piece of the puzzle!

Back