Pedalboard Pictures!

Extremist's Pedalboard

I'm aiming for the classic rock sound and after months of tone search, here's my simple final board.

Pedalboard_Top.jpg

Pedalboard_Side.jpg

Pedalboard_Rear.jpg

RMC2, Foxrox Zim, Custom Looper, Arion SCH-Z, MXR Phase 90 and TC Electronic Nova Delay. Cables are chopsuey: guitar to board is George L's. patch cables are Mogamis and board to amp is Mogami cable with Neutrik heads.

The Phase 90 is just there to fill the gap between the chorus and delay. I'm thinking between a pedal tuner and a hell lotta others to put there but I think I would use the phaser more than any other effects (tremolo, another drive pedal, flanger, eq, etc).

nice and simple board...with good sounding (and not necessarily boutique) pedals.

tell me about the arion sch-z man...and where you got it?

thanks guys! i really kept it small and simple.

i got the sch-z from ebenex. that pedal is very lush, one of the best sounding chorus imho, though i don't really dig the cheap plastic casing. but of course, it's the sound that matters so what the heck :mrgreen:

but u'll realise those plastic pedals actually save you alot from shoulder aches and muscle pain! :D

i got the sch-z from ebenex. that pedal is very lush, one of the best sounding chorus imho, though i don't really dig the cheap plastic casing. but of course, it's the sound that matters so what the heck :mrgreen:

Hi Norman! finally putting up your board! its nice haha! I must try your rig soon....with my new Fender strat. heh.

hey darrell! sure thing. that board's done man.. i was forced to get the phase 90 though. love your yngwie/jimi strat.. a killer! :mrgreen:

@gr3y: still friggin' heavy for a small board.. but i don't do gigs so it's alright.

If you like the SCH-Z so much, you might want to check the SCH-1.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_pedals/arion_sch1_stereo_chorus/

Many say its better than the SCH-Z, so that makes it worth tracking down if you really like the SCH-Z.

that would be really rare nowadays. completely satisfied with my chorus, cheap price + awesome tone = contentment :mrgreen:

haha norman im surprised you dint get a BOSS CE-2! esp when i saw a few in the shop....*hint hint*

haha yeah im loving that strat of mine....bring your rg prestige one of these days la!

Aiyah, its really about the sound mah. If you can be satisficed with what you have - more power to you. If you can't - then hopefully, it doesn't become a case where, in order to get the tone but you wanna go cheap, you end up buying many cheaper pedals which in the end, costs more than the original one you reallllly want... and you're not satisfied.

;)

You sound like you're happy with the SCH-Z - then go on dude, make some music!

Aiyah, its really about the sound mah. If you can be satisficed with what you have - more power to you. If you can't - then hopefully, it doesn't become a case where, in order to get the tone but you wanna go cheap, you end up buying many cheaper pedals which in the end, costs more than the original one you reallllly want... and you're not satisfied.

;)

haha wah shred first time non-power to bootek ah! haha kidding la. I agree.

Softcase?Well Norman i guess you should get a rockbag or a red dot case...with necksavers to protect that prestige neck! :D

;)

haha i know what you mean and you have a valid point there. but it's not about it's cheap price actually, it's more on how i liked the tone that i'm getting from that thing.

yep, pretty much happy with it thank you very much :mrgreen:

hey darrell, ok i'm gonna check em out. tnx!

Ok haven't posted for a while...but this is the latest update to the board, after getting the SCP and byoc filter yesterday.

halfwayboard.jpg

guitar > filter > mi audio blues pro > barber direct drive > looper (> tu2 > DELAY? > special custom-madebyblueark-BOSS PH1R + EH pulsar combination pedal >) catalinbread SCP

new paper is there to fill up space which is for delay...missing my DD20...thinking of nova delay but no moonah. and chelsea...hands off ron!

the byoc filter is a blast to play man...haha yesterday's jam was funk mania! but then again its kinda a limited use thing...

Hmm, does this call for concern o.0
DSC01140.jpg

When i carry the case up i see this gap, it scares me and makes me paranoid that the thing might break any second o.o
What do guys think? Its Mrmisse pedal case btw.

Anyways this is my very simple and functional board to me.
A DT-10BR coming in this week. Possibly a digitech whammy next year =]
DSC01141.jpg

guess you can find ways to reinforce the handle area? Or perhaps check with tymusic center if they can do anything to it. They have service to put wheels for those misse board if iam not wrong, maybe can check if they can reinforce the handle part also(oh, anyone do correct me if its wrong info on the wheel part. No prob, just whack!
icon10.gif

the weight of those pedals you have onboard shud be quite ok i guess. If its some tonecore or line6 modeller style pedals, those really shud be killa.

Back