which kinda jamming kakis makes you Toolan?!?

all crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Practice what u preached"
mistake is mistake music should be fun man ..........if u feel like that to ur band mate tell him then laugh again hahahahaha thats what we all do ? :roll:
peace

u guys make me feel like a bastard. I've been trying to play this song perfectly since the day i started jamming, somehow always got mistake. Practise at home also can never perfect it.

:cry:

my band still fine, i dun feel like killing anyone yet. but then i dislike having to detune the guitar while everyone is detuning, cause cannot hear, then they detune finish, i wanna detune, they start playing something then i still cannot detune.

*hint hint* :twisted:

Weiht said:
HAHA... This is so timely, as i cancelled my jam 2 weeks in a row, cuz SOMEONE ALWAYS SAY ON ON, THEN I BOOK THE JAM RM, THEN HE CONVENIENTLY SAY LAST MINUTE CANT MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!...

where is this place man? :lol:

Mr_X said:
but then i dislike having to detune the guitar while everyone is detuning, cause cannot hear, then they detune finish, i wanna detune, they start playing something then i still cannot detune.:

how about using the tunner?

jammers who ought 2 be killed.......

1) late everytime :evil:
2) never practise everytime :evil: :evil:
3) everytime blame this n tat but never blame himself :evil: :evil: :evil:
4) ....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

only can think these 4 the time being ....... :wink:

:twisted:

whoa whoa .. ya all realise , when ya play together in a band gotta c alot of factors , rythmn , structure of the song , entry / exit. its not something u come in touch and go settled already.

patience man .. make peace , give allowance for everyone. i m not that good a bassist but patience is a must have in any group event , if not tensions are sure to overflow.

quarrel is one thing. what dosent kill you makes u stronger because plain pride often blinds us to our individual faults and allows us to accuse others of theirs. if we all could play perfectly , wont we all be rock mega-stars ?

so to a certain extent , quarreling productively is Ok if it can drives the band to greater heights.

my point is , do everything to a limit , try to be more understanding with everyone. quarrel with patience

i missed out one type of jam kakis.....

the ones who after the jam session come and tell me they got not enough cash today, eh, can blanja me first?

you think im band manager? who dun know this kind of blanja never get back one?

i dont understand how you can be so angry with a person? if me, i just walk away. there's no need to write out all these things about a person. Let's be objective and not use a person as a dart board here. after all, he is a part of this world we live in.

i like to play in a band where people are nice to each other. help each other. most importantly, like each other.

just like in school, at work or within your family. balance with the surrounding and the people around you.

Obviously this is a ranting thread la. May I?

OK i'll be general. I dont like to hear drummers play out of time. Its like you got a degree in drumming already, but you forgot to attend Primary school. Most bands depend on their drummers for steady tempo, so do be dependable, or at least work towards it! :)

Again generally, volume balance is another issue in the studio. I think this has been covered in another thread but i'll be brief - If you cant hear yourself, sound this out to your bandmates, dont just increase the volume. If you cant hear others, do the same! Work this out until the band is happy as a unit.

Erm. I think its horrible that people forget / dont turn up for practice without informing their mates. Maybe we should go karaoke instead, the chicks and booze will be a better memory jog for most guys ayeee??

Like james said, no point being angry. I've had my fair share of angst recently. Its not healthy. Just try to work things out. More productive and your band might rock in no time! Isnt that what everybody wanted in the first place?

i dun like when someone plays damn loud but dun realise it...my ears literally hurt!(not an expression, LITERALLY!) :? I also dun like when someone is totally absorbed in playing sth in his own world LOUDLY while the rest are screaming loudly to each other in order to be heard.

I know what my ex-band(i quit, no band 4 now) dun like about me too...Not that i quit cos we had gripes about each other, just tat, when it came to composing, we no chemistry, so everyone quit...(disband). Ok ,back to what they dun like, when i play solo midway then accidentally mess up. I will get a stare from all of them with a frown...lol! but we all bros, we never really got angry with each other, always laughing and monkeying around in the studio...

Which reminds me of a funny session when we play sweet child, we got so high that the rhythm guitarist, bassist n me poked our guitar head into the kick drum hole. However, I only put for abt 3-5 secs, cos my solo was coming, then the studio uncle saw it!!!! whaaahhahaha...we kena f***!!! lucky, during the few secs when my guitar head was in the drum hole, the uncle didnt notice yet...so he tot i innocent... :p :p :p

how about we share about what kind of lousy band members we are, being honest, i am a lousy band member, im a dick, i left mi band so many times, its always about me, i play loud when im not supposed to, i play soft when im supposed to be loud, mi guitar is barely in tune most of the time, i scream into the mic, most of the time i don't pay my share of jamming, and my gear is always spoilt

I give you credit for honesty.

On another note, if we look past the bitching, this thread is actually very useful to beginner musicians as a guide to jamming Dos and Don'ts.

jeremyrozario said:
how about we share about what kind of lousy band members we are, being honest, i am a lousy band member, im a dick, i left mi band so many times, its always about me, i play loud when im not supposed to, i play soft when im supposed to be loud, mi guitar is barely in tune most of the time, i scream into the mic, most of the time i don't pay my share of jamming, and my gear is always spoilt

is that why you keep asking for donations? :D

Peace

spikes, that is not very helpful..

I think at some point in time, we are also like those ugly things that we mentioned about our bandmates. I mean nobody is perfect, so the only thing we can do is to accomodate & live peacefully with each other.

Right?

i'm joking about jeremy's signature, i my self was thinking why cant the 4 million people of singapore give me a dollar each so that i can be a millionaire... i hope neither you nor jeremy take any offence to this post... or any other people reading it...

Back