which kinda jamming kakis makes you Toolan?!?

lol... but those true rocker mats are cool... they just play their guitar at void deck and not caring about the world... but then when they *guai lan*, it is a totally different story...

But I really respect those who can play well and soooo friendly, always ready to teach a fellow brother... haha... but rarely see such people...

3notesAbar said:
Whoa Laid to rest. Whos Justin's pupil? :)

Oh! This sunday, me Satch and vaiyen are gonna jam some metal songs at G77 studio.

Laid to Rest is a Lamb Of God song...

Simple rules of having a good jam session:

a) Cum early!!

b) Have a balanced sound

c) Know ur parts...

d) Tune first before playing

For me dats the basic rules.. other than dat, its all abt having fun!!

eeee, dan jst lemma knw about the song today leh, i might nt have time to learn. but ill try my best? dont get toolan leh. hahahaha.

SanXP, that sounds like a good band. Everybody knows what their purpose is. Music IS about fun.. but jamming atmosphere is destroyed when someone starts wasting everyone else's time and jam $$... :cry:

Nevertheless, nothing and nobody's gonna stop me from jamming. Ever. :wink:

And it's also true that getting angry and emotional over "bad" jam experiences isn't gonna help solve anything in the band. Build good relationships and handle conflicts in a composed manner. Always believed that talking things over seriously is a more effective solution than passing a fit.

I think I managed to jam only once this year... hand is very itchy... these few days wanna jam but this one not free dat one not free... when all free e jamming studio we frequent is not open for business... how ironic

hahaha boon siooll...but i shall take my time out cause this line just freaked me out.

a) Cum early!!

hahahahh. if i cum late, how. oh pls dont ban me.

my turn my turn!!

1) gaves months to learn songs but haizzz
2) last minute cancel
3) band members cannot make personal sacrifices to have jamming(alamak bro, gf just called me want go makan...aaah soli la bro)
4) drummers are sometimes irritating, especially those who dont have drums at home. come studio..BANG!! BOOM! BANG!! PIANG!!!

got more la. but shits all my bandmembers are softies. but doesnt mean these actions are by them. ive got pass bands also. ehehe.

-edited- :lol:

what's the problem with edits?
jamm for fun and enjoy the time with your band members.
practice at home before coming to sessions.
know what to play on every part of the song.
don't be late.(this is one of the most important),punctuality.

Hello guys. I don't really get the meaning of 'Guai Lan' seriously..haha

But from what I 've been reading so far, man its a boiling point down here..haha. Anyway, yea I think I understand how you guys felt, I've been in such situations before. And I think my encounter with these "guai lans" is equally bad;

I was supposed to jam with a bunch of 'musicians' and I was supposed to sing Peterpan's Bintang Di Surga and other Indo songs on the jamming day.

Hell, they screwed me upside down for singing my own version, which is completely in tune and on tempo. They told me in the face face I can't sing. So I 'Lol-ed' and said to them "I'm not Ariel (Peterpan Vocalist) I am me, I have my own voice, I don't imitate others, so don't compare me with him". In a diplomatic way as possible.

They refused. And insisted I can't sing. So what to do? I told them "Man, you guys can play music very well, only to a certain extent of imitating notes by notes and effects and effects exactly off the song. There's no point jamming if you just going to play and stick closely to originals without adding your own creation to the music. In the end, you got nowhere, you'll be just be under a famous band's shadow for the rest of their life.

Not exactly your idea of a fun-jamming huh? I kind of 'Guai Lan'-ed them and vice-versa. :rolleyes:

So bottom-line is; what got me pissed off the most;
1.) 'Musicians' telling me to stick to originals.
2.) Posers who dress-up and act as if they are musicians, but they can't even play twinkle twinkle stars.
3.) and of course the usual problems we all here have. Late comers and Last minute cancellations without valid reasons. Pain in the A**.

Now I feel like a burden just been lifted off my shoulder. pheww :)

*EDIT: Oh and not to worry. None of them are Soft members, it's a referral from other people.. haha. So far I've met good people from here. No lie. *Cheers!*

Last edited:
those who dont learn the songs before jamming and the worst i ever encounted was one of my ex-bandmates not turning up for 4 times in a week after we booked the studio!

well what really pisses me off is

1) they refuse to admit they are playing it wrongly and don't want to change (its okay if you make mistakes)

2) people who are damn arrogant and calling all the shots while shooting other people down(it's a band, not a gang where it's led by a leader)

3) people who take it out on other band members just cause they have a bad day

jamming should be about learning and playing music and having fun

So bottom-line is; what got me pissed off the most;
1.) 'Musicians' telling me to stick to originals.
2.) Posers who dress-up and act as if they are musicians, but they can't even play twinkle twinkle stars.
*Cheers!*

well bro, me for one, first jam stick to copying originals to get everyone in the same direction together. what if everyone has their own version of the song? mampoz already. though i was an offender myself. hehe

another thing. i also cant play twinkle twinkle little stars! boohoo

well bro, me for one, first jam stick to copying originals to get everyone in the same direction together. what if everyone has their own version of the song? mampoz already. though i was an offender myself. hehe

another thing. i also cant play twinkle twinkle little stars! boohoo

Ok my bad- I was auditioned (I expected they played the music long before they know me), yes we have to stick close to originals. But these people are sticking close to it like way tooooooo similar. Even the pedal sounds the same from MTV..lol.. And I am just doing vocal with a twist. It's hard to pull off as good vocal if I am not my own and these people can't seem to understand.

And my apology, I don't mean to offend you unknown. I don't remember the whole lyric to the song either! XD

Back