which kinda jamming kakis makes you Toolan?!?

1: not practicing their share
2: cant play
3: late, waste time and money

&

4: ASKING FOR HELP TO TUNE THE GUITAR~

i didnt read everything,
but form what i read maybe nobody encounter same one as me.

me and my friends not very good with instruments,
just wanna have fun, so making mistakes we dont really mind.

but one thing is you go to the studio
act like you rather be somewhere else.

play half-heartedly, put on sian face.
the worse, even though just go to watch, but fold arms
and criticise saying "what? you only can play 1 song?"
c'mon, we're only starting out.
why the need to demoralise everyone.

agree anot?

haha some problems are real common.
like ppl being late, coming in not prepared and all.

haha ok so mine?

dont really like people who only want to play songs they only like. people respect your taste in music but dont respect theirs back. when we're playing the song my bandmate suggested, he was like so semangat(sporting, enthu and all haha). then when another song comes, he'll be screwing up this and that and giving everyone that bochup face.

yeah, those people are REALLY common. especially when they dont like the song and give the sian face. or when a weaker member screws up a bit, they give the tsk tsk expression and become damn impatient. i mean we all are jamming to improve ourselves right? so why not help one another :)

I think there're many people that don't have a drumset at home and barely have experience playing it.So when the band goes jamming, these people would goof off at the drumset. It is fun, but its a waste of time and money. The worst thing would be that a member of the band fails to learn his/her songs cause they're lazy.:)

i had a friend who has a guitar that sounds like crap, he plays like crap and thinks he rocks, keeps playing wrong,and plays his own shit when people are discussing about parts and how to improve, like to act cool and act high..and zomg the worst part, he brings his gf along like wtf...and all those pisses me off haha thus i never invited him to any other sessions anymore..

mine is a bit different.

on my first jamwith my band there was a pianist, he was pitch perfect and great with the keys, can play all the songs in the world.

That was the problem

he played all the parts for bass, rhythm guitar, lead guitar AND vocal... perfectly.

It was my first jam with them, it was a relatively easy chinese song arrangement, and i SERIOUSLY considered knocking his teeth out with my guitar (ok joking)

but yeah. TOO PRO AND TOO ARROGANT

Okay, I am side-tracking cos I have no probs with my bandmates. Good friends and nice understanding people, but have you guys ever had an experience whereby the band next door is super loud you can barely hear your own band playing and the bass amps next door is causing the whole damn place to shake and vibrate?

Being forced to play with musicians who are at a lower technical level - which limited me... a lot.

Couldn't play this rhythm anymore, had to tweak it so the new guy can handle it... have to gesture to him to play on time, in time... basically, re-arrange stuff to suit the new players...

Overall, it was like a stranglehold on the band's creativity.

I quit... with several other members... and moved on.

As for impromptu jamming...

I like variety and stuff... its always nice to have some one lead the impromptu jam sessions and bring in dynamics - getting the jam band to just move.

However, some musicians don't seem to enjoy playing off each another... just go on solo mode or play blind/deaf. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
i think we should also keep in mind that we should try to put aside our differences during jamming sessions and bond together while playing music

1: not practicing their share
2: cant play
3: late, waste time and money

&

4: ASKING FOR HELP TO TUNE THE GUITAR~
your point number four.
what if your fellow guitarist just started out with guitar and needs your help with tuning??
cmon, its not like everybody learns that fast and knows how to tune the guitar straightaway after learning the guitar..
instead, we should demonstrate and teach the guitarist how to tune so that he won't be asking for help in the future.

People who dressed up with gloves , torn jeans etc and jam / perform at gigs.

And Many2 members in the band. 2 vocalist etc singing same thing. HAHA.

Ok doesnt stick to topic at all :)

kakis who fart in the studio ..

WAIT ... THATS ME...

so I guess I would be one who most make my jam kakis toolan

I think I managed to jam only once this year... hand is very itchy... these few days wanna jam but this one not free dat one not free... when all free e jamming studio we frequent is not open for business... how ironic

I AGREE!! TOTALLY!!!

ABSOLUTELY hate those fcukers who MIA and KEEP MIA-ing!!!
NUMBER ONE ON MY TOOLAN LIST I FCUKING TELL YOU~ :p

Also some of you guys mentioned latecomers...
Sadly I'm one of them.
I won't make any excuses of course...
I don't mind getting told off, since it's my fault.

Just can't tolerate those ppl who inside BOIL and BOIL and then give me attitude cos of that!
Want to scold just scold...come on just say it out,
is it that hard to say the truth? :D

For me, the ones who also piss me off are those who:
1. Boss EVERYONE about, under the guise of "leadership" - sparing only the one(s) they are more buddy-buddy with,
2. Cannot take deserved constructive criticism,
3. Fool around here and there during jamming!
(for one thing I had no idea that jamming can be a circus show? If that's the case I refuse to participate in it??)

HAHAHA! Small problem lah. Just awe them with your charm and skillzors and they will not even smell your fart, just the awesomenesss :twisted:

Back