which kinda jamming kakis makes you Toolan?!?

ppl who dont practice for jamming piss me off..late comers are ok but,dont last min play out.
the worst is when band members jam with you every week and dont have money to pay at the end of the jamming,but he/she can go out and watch movies or do something else that requires money after jamming..now that sux..

i can share an incident that happend a long time back...

(A) was my guitarist.(A) never payed for jamming and always said that he is short of money cause his mum was sick and needed to buy medicine for her or another reason would be that he was really short for this month as he needed to buy books for his nephew...

what struck us was he always needed to go to the loo after jamming

so after 1 and a 1/2 mths of joining us,we kinda suspected and after one jamming session as he went to the loo,my drummer followed him and saw him putting money in is jean pocket.
he came out and told us what happened and we waitied for (A) to come out of the loo..
when he came out,we asked him if he had cash to pay for the jamming,he *Sadly* showed us his wallet and shook his head and said *i`m broke bro*

well,after that...we brought him out and *EDUCATED* him....
he confessed that he lied to us regarding his money matters and stuff.....
we *EDUCATED* him after that again and again..

he deserved what he got and well, all i can say is this....

A BAND IS LIKE A FAMILY....WHEN YOU CHEAT A BAND MEMBER LIKE THAT.........IT WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED

we are musicians...if there's one word to describe musicians it's egoistic. good musicians usually have big egos it comes with it. so just live with it and move on...

there are exceptions though..

well,i would say that if a musicians ego is as big as his head,the he or she should play by themselves.....
a band needs to have the chemistry and to work together to make it....

not all good musicians have egos....
there are lots of great musicians who have good attitude..

and lots of lame-cant play shit-with rich parents who buy them expensive guitars that have the BIG ego...

to each his own i would say:)

its kinda amazing wen urr jamming buddy overpraise u saying u were the bomb during jam and then ask u pay fer them or give them ciggs later..haha i just find it amusing.that's wad happend to me.

Being forced to play with musicians who are at a lower technical level - which limited me... a lot.

i can agree with you on this....but sometimes it dosent hurt to exercise some prudence and humility...after all...we were all once at his/her level too....So spare a thought for others too, after all the only way most of us improve other than mindless bedroom wanking at home is to play with better musicians. Its an ever-revolving cycle of sorts- We learn from those better than us, and we pass on knowledge to those who are not.

The only thing so far that makes me supertoolan is quite simple lah..
like.. when during jamming, everyone just stands like stick insects with a plastered face, and can only see their hands moving (if you look closely)..
No eye contact, no sense of enjoyment of the jam at all..
I just feel musicians should let loose a lil and enjoy the jam, yknow?

I leave the behavioral attitudes of a band during band meetings where the music doesn't get in the way :p Everyone's diff anyway, if it's really taking a toll on the band, it should be discussed as a band and not concentrated on during the jams..
I think it's vital having a mini-hangout / meeting after jams, to discuss each others' opinions..

hahah someone who insists his/her crappy new song is good hahaha n force u to jam to it. nope it ain't ever gonna fly not even out a horse's ass!!!

we are musicians...if there's one word to describe musicians it's egoistic. good musicians usually have big egos it comes with it. so just live with it and move on...

there are exceptions though..

I find myself agreeing with what you said.
However there are also ARROGANT idiots who have no talent (I an not joking) in their choice of instruments,
yet want to lead the whole band,
make decisions for everyone,
and keep acting like they have what it takes.

I've met at least three in a row (SAME INSTRUMENT LOL).
Heads too big when they have no talent.

If they DID have the skills,
then it won't be so bad....cos after all,
a musician MUST know his/her stuff.

Almost everyone of you mentioned about "ppl who didn't practice the songs".

But what if they still can't pull off the song even after practising?
Those three ppl I've mentioned above, did practise.
But, they still completely destroyed the jam sessions...
singlehandedly :(

And yes, Sage is right. Wooden figures make me damn toolan as well.

Last edited:
I guess it's all about character. Different people have different approach to how things are done. Instead of looking at it as working with musicians, see it as working with people. Some people are easy to work with, some are not. Some are egoistic, some need directions for everything. It's hard to find perfect bandmates. Communication is very important. I feel it's better to throw everything out and discuss it once and for all rather than to backstab each other and stir politics.

Try respecting everyone as a person rather than a musician. Despite how good we are with our instruments, we are all humans on equal ground. Ego usually don't get things done. It just makes everyone upset. Taking too much control over the band restricts creativity.

Working together takes love and trust.

excuse me its du lan. Not too lan , but same doesnt matter.

Pple who never practise then come jam liao. Plus they always ka jiao the amplifier.

i got nothing to do, now office lunch hour, so start this tread to keep myself alive la... ha :lol:

basically, i damn Toolan with ppl who come to jam who
1) never practice at home, come already kenna waste time waste money.
2) got a lot of ideas, so much ideas that eventually become HIS idea, HIS song, HIS composition, everything is HIS!!
3) are habitually later comers.

anybody wants to share their grievances??? :?: 8O

those who lovelovelovelovelove about their kakis of soft.com.sg

woa, i got experience in this zones . :mad:

i got jam with a few idiots before, layout a few sets of songs then on that day come late.. thats one okay didn't mind much.. then come with own guitar whatsoever, start plugging in then plug WRONG.. then after that play play ok happy want start jam then say ' EH bro i forgot how to play ah' or ' eh i not comfortable with the setup ah.. feels crappy.. not allowing me perform to my max ' in the end waste money hear shit songs and see this idiots act pro. :mad:

makes me damn dulan. yes.. still got alot but i just don't care already la.

Back