which kinda jamming kakis makes you Toolan?!?

Cloudsky said:
Wah lao, u siao ah, so fussy?

i think you never kenna b4 you dun know ha... wait that bassist(btw i dun know who he is)join ur band, then you 8) 8) jailat jialat (
HAha!!

Cheers!!

i don't like it when people play when the band is trying to talk. noodling around quietly is rude enough, but i get annoyed real fast when they're doing it loud. so much so that i've actually just gone over and switched off peoples' amps while they're playing because they wouldn't stop when we asked them to. it's rude, obnoxious, and ill-disciplined. i get even more annoyed when they're noodling and then we're done and then they ask "hey, so how now?". it makes me want to just walk out and leave.

i hate it when people waste my time in the studio. coming late, not paying attention when we're trying to be serious, etc. we're all goofy and joke around, but the studio is not the place to waste my time and money. it's pretty much the only time people see me get mad and i have a super short temper in the studio. lol. i almost never get mad otherwise.

Some points i agree la(like sometimes my band members or me go jam never prepare, feel abit fed up also)

but some of your points really go overboard man, I mean look at yourself also, perhaps the person whom your jamming kakis is dulan with is you? :?

No offence taken ah. :)

Whoa... so serious lah...

haha... go jamming can have soooo much problem... no wonder my friend told me b4 that if I were to go jamming, he expects me to be able to play my role, at least dun screw up... haha...

But seriously, I am the most least experience one here, been to jamming studio twice only and had a not so promising experience. First time, it felt cool and we were just monkeying around with the amps and drums set. 2nd time got prepare a few material... but then my stupid friend never practise and go there use the drums and do trial and error test! Bassist also... damn pissed off... BTW did I add they don't even want to buy their own equipment, thinking that jamming can let them practise the equipment... pissed off with myself also... cos no matter how hard I practise also inexperience in studio...

Guess I have to train till damn pro then find people to jam... haha... like that no one will be angry...

haha... now gotta train harder...

sometime someppl forgot that the amps at the Jam place is different brand from the amp they have at home. so sane ppl tell them, HOW TO GET THE SAME SOUND?!?! NOT POSSIBLE LA! the room set up also different wat?!

then they twist and twist the knobs, throughout the whole session, keep twist and twist for their perfect tone,

by then times up, the jam boss come and give us the "last song" signal, he still hvnt get his tone, complain "this no good, that no good, next time we try the other place my fren recommend ok?"

next time we visit the new place, guess wat? Deja Vu!!

sometimes the amps are so loud, the feedback alone can gimme giddiness, can you imagine... you drumm whack loud, i play louder, vocal scream louder, bass up, drummer not happy, wack harder, everyone not happy, volume up somemore!

.....then sudenly, the jam boss come and show his black face....

TheBreed said:
by then times up, the jam boss come and give us the "last song" signal, he still hvnt get his tone, complain "this no good, that no good, next time we try the other place my fren recommend ok?"

aljunied BMC? :D

you must be pretty fustrated about your bassist, and your bassist must be thinking that you're some bossy person pushing him around, your band mates must be really pissed when he plays wrongly...

Hmm

I totally agree with TheBreed.

3 types of Kakis I hate to jam with :-
(a) Late Comers (Punctuality is a very important quality)
(b) People who forgot the songs we're gonna jam
(c) People who plays off key & continue to get engrossed in their own solos

These factors will make me Super TooLan!!

Haha... eh... well I did bring my own guitar though... but my friend anyhow whack the drums... the only thing was the studio only have line6 spider amps and the clean very artificial... and drums looks kinda lousy to me... not to mention the craftsman strat and bass...

That being my first time to jamming and probably my last haha... unless got khaki loh..

HAHA... This is so timely, as i cancelled my jam 2 weeks in a row, cuz SOMEONE ALWAYS SAY ON ON, THEN I BOOK THE JAM RM, THEN HE CONVENIENTLY SAY LAST MINUTE CANT MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, i gotta tell the jam studio that i need to cancel, n wait next time get blacklisted. worst still, i bother to practise and learn the songs, then haiz...

Among other things, singer forget lyrics (not just a sentence, but LINES), when singer transpose without signal, or next signal which part of the song to go to next... everyone is guessing whats next...

Pple come late, pple never practise or learn the songs... I see u, u see me in the jam rm.

N also the band b4 eat into our time. There was once i was at this studio, the time we book was 8-10. We went in only at 815(as they were clearing), and started at 840. At 950, the lady came in n say last song, and man was i mad at her. I told her we came in late, n she denied!!! Worst thing is that we paid liao.

So she say ok last song is 10 mins, so i said ok 10 mins song we can do. haha, we played till 1005, she came in and my drummer was keeping his stuff. So i n my bassist still v buay song, so we continue to whack with full feedback n my wah on!!! my drummer saw it, and he screw back his cymbals... haha

best part was seeing that old heck's face after it ended. sorry the last part abit out of pt...

Back