Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer boutique

• I prefer modified stuff/ others

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeley Modded Metal-zone with Tri-tone switch. I don't own it but i plan to. It's by far the most energy packed in such a small pedal i have ever heard, ever (i said pedal, so dun go all tubey on me).

wad abt the new boss metal core...heard its good...

does anyone use BOSS metal core?

I saw that the pedal have low and high knobs. No mid knobs. So it's an all out scooped sound, I'm guessing?

But from the website, it sounds like its has a more modern metal edge.

Y HALO THAR

Frankly, i cant stand the mid scooped tone. I used to scoop my mids a lot, back then when i just started playing guitar and playing metal and stuff. Sure it sounds good when you're playing in your bedroom, but in a band situation, the guitar being a midrange instrument and depriving it of the mids, you'll barely get heard thru the band mix. Your tone comes out thin and lacking the thump. I play mati metal myself so thar you go.

Mids are your friend, mang. MIDS ARENT SELLOUT!! Goes to all you metalheads out there.

lawl

I agree six-string. Mids are not sell-out. For fuk's sake, Kerry King from Slayer blasts his mids! Actually scoops are sell-out. With the exception of Death and pantera, scoops are a feature of Nu-metal bands haha. kidding kidding.

say booo to scooped tones!
reminds me of a landmine.. 8O
way too trebly and sounds kinda 'scooped' to me..

yeah i don't do scoops too.

a strong mid range with ultra gain on a overdrive is what i use at home and in studios, cuts like a lightsaber. \m/ 8)

Quoting Godspeed64: say booo to scooped tones!
reminds me of a landmine..
way too trebly and sounds kinda 'scooped' to me..

Haha, hence the reason I always turn the treble down and the bass+mid up. =P

but but but.... when you play songs from metallica's ...and justice for all.... must scoop the shit out of the mids leh!!! :lol:

nano metal muff for me when i'm in the mood for mindless chugga chugga.

if you've attended Herman Li's clinic, you'd appreciate the non-scooped EQ for guitar.

the scooped setting is more suitable in a recording context where the guitar's output is properly captured on tape (on disc... whatever). in a band context especially when you play live, if you have too much bass & very little midrange/ treble to make your tone stand out, you are gonna be drowned out by the bass/ drums.

Hi , I believe we are forgetting that the amp plays an important role for high gainish!!
With too much gain in a pedal ...everthing just mushes out...yaaah it may be impressive and you can get away just playing one chord for the entire song... 8)
A mod Mt2 gets my vote anytime !!

With a Roland Jazz Chorus... what pedal you use is what you'll get!

Roland Jazz Chorus... the last word in clean amplification. :lol:

guitartechmetalmuff_s.jpg

hope i'm not digressing too much but there seems to be a cult following for EHX's Metal Muff here- what is the enticement, really? is it the top boost feature or simply it's good ol' intensity?

sub, IMHO i think its easier to dial a good sound compared to the venerable boss metalzone. tiny stacked knobs = no mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back