Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer boutique

• I prefer modified stuff/ others

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dodgy sales man ...you the king of dodge !!

dude... it is the business of the future to be dodgy! :lol: but but... I ain't the king no more! :lol:

but really lah... just offering my opinion to subbie. I have both the Metalzone(yes laugh if you will... Edder's got a Metalzone! :lol: ) and of course the Metal Muff. Thats my observation. I wouldn't put my comments on any pedal that I've not even tried cos that will be LYING! go ask anyone who had pm'ed me as ask me for opinions of pedal X vs pedal Y.

hokkien got one saying, "kiang tiok hor mai kay kiang" loosely translated, "smart can already don't fake smart". :wink:

Analogman ts808 into a custom built SD9mooded to more gain. tht does the trick for me. the rat2 modded and unmodded too does a great job. hmm... already missing my mudhoney too*gainfreak*... for heavy od none does it like the OCD!!

i already own a visual sound jnh using a ehx boost before dist. would a metal muff with top boost differ much?

hmm... that's true but i do find the stacked MT-2 knobs useful for further fine tuning but like you said, it does add to the cumbersome factor.

Just picked up a Subdecay Blackstar pedal... I must say... This thing is pretty good. From old skool metal to nu-metal... It pretty much does the job. The best thing is how the bass drive knob is used to suit the pedal's drive bass output according to the guitar input level and response. That's really useful...

quote Storm: i already own a visual sound jnh using a ehx boost before dist. would a metal muff with top boost differ much?

the MM has this grizzly distortion voicing which is neither too fuzzy nor too typical metal-type. when you play real loud (eg: gigs...) it simply stands out. this is perhaps the reason i like it (& its derivatives)...

abit of side track.
In my opinion right. To achieve the best kinda 'metal' distortion so to speak. Would be to use the the dirt channel on your amplifier. I have tried many pedals to get the heavy chugga chugga going. but surprisingly, nothing can nail the distortion like an amp does.

p.s. Of course dont dont use those cute little amps and say i wanna achieve a metal distortion. you would probably need something like 1x12, 2x10, 2x12 or needless to say 4x12. also take into consideration the volume you play in if one ever uses amp distortion to get the most out of your dirt channels.

yeah thats the way sub. i just use pedals for delaying and chorusing and a ds1 pedal to boost the amp during the 'limelight' moments.

i think when u scoop mids, u are suppose to blend into the band and not stand out cuz it would conflict with the vocals and u will have a mesh of mush

so scooped mids for the chugg and riffs

but boosted mids for solos and fills where there are no vocals to compete with.. ur guitar becomes the "vocal" instument

both scooped and boosted have their uses and i would think when we say "metal" tone, we are refering to metal riffs more than solos because for solos, the eq are quite standard eh?

well yea.. topic of eq for solo is personal preference already. it depends on what the individual wants. more bass? more treble?

i dont scoop my mids nor do i boost em for my DEATH metal riffs, and it blends in just fine, but still a healthy dose.

But hey, if you like the sound of scooped mids, all teh powar to you mang.

\/\/estside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back