Review needed for Ibanez JEM Junior

Err...

Vaiyen said:
pooo is right.
that sure is a chio axe...

Vaiyen relax la, u so excited until u double post ah, later no space for me to type how? *lolx* Vai's whitey JEM as seen in his concert in Astoria London is cosmetically similar to e one that tany post, except that its white & e fret inlays are custom made. I wonder how a JEM Junior wld sound if it were to be used w a guitar multi-efx which is tweaked according to Vai's config.

Anywae, is JEM Junior a prototype for all e latter JEM/UV models to come?

Hee

Thanks for the info :D I'll go check out the MIJ RG450 this weekend as subby suggests & compare with the JEM Junior b4 I made my selection. Heard they having some kinda Ibanez sale at SweeLee

Re: Hee

neuro182 said:
Thanks for the info :D I'll go check out the MIJ RG450 this weekend as subby suggests & compare with the JEM Junior b4 I made my selection. Heard they having some kinda Ibanez sale at SweeLee

Sale? what sale?? care to let us know more?? :)

I wonder how a JEM Junior wld sound if it were to be used w a guitar multi-efx which is tweaked according to Vai's config.

You might be able to get something like it, but not exactly it, and not too close to it. Keep in mind Vai's tone has a lot of tightness, a decent contributor of that being the Evolution pickups.

The JEM-jr list for $750, the RG450, im not sure but I got mine around 1.2k last time (after discount of course)

for the sound it cant sustain long when using whammy but change of pups should do the trick. i intend to get evos pups...

and vai's personal evo is different from the JEMs that are sold

and vai's personal evo is different from the JEMs that are sold

It's actually not that different. Other than the replaced hardware due to wear and tear, and the replacement of the neck cos it broke, it's pretty much stock.

no i remember reading from somewhere what his guitar tech didnt smth that sounded damn different (his guitar EVO) and so even using other JEMs wif evo pups also sounds different...

:)

Mew said:
The JEM-jr list for $750, the RG450, im not sure but I got mine around 1.2k last time (after discount of course)

JEM Jr price correct. RG450DX at SweeLee sells at $850 b4 any discount or gst.

neuro182 said:
I'll go try out the RG450 (MIJ) as subby advises & then decide on my choice :) Thanks.

Blackmoo has that guitar... PM him for some samples and stuff. Its a nice axe....

tany said:
no i remember reading from somewhere what his guitar tech didnt smth that sounded damn different (his guitar EVO) and so even using other JEMs wif evo pups also sounds different...

?????
Vai's tech did something to Evo to make it sound damn different?

I wonder where you read that.'

Evo is a stock JEM apart from the replacements that Pooo stated.
Vai himself attests to that and he simply says that every guitar is unique, hence his preference for Evo because she happens to be the ONE that his ears love.

Unless you are talking about his other JEM with the sustainer, Flo.

ShredCow said:
tany said:

?????
Vai's tech did something to Evo to make it sound damn different?

I wonder where you read that.'

Evo is a stock JEM apart from the replacements that Pooo stated.
Vai himself attests to that and he simply says that every guitar is unique, hence his preference for Evo because she happens to be the ONE that his ears love.

Unless you are talking about his other JEM with the sustainer, Flo.

oh i meant like that. but i dunno la remember reading it somewhere (or maybe not :lol: )

but i did read the part when his tech threw away the old pups then he got frantic and went to search the whole dump for it :lol:

ShredCow said:
neuro182 said:
I'll go try out the RG450 (MIJ) as subby advises & then decide on my choice :) Thanks.

Blackmoo has that guitar... PM him for some samples and stuff. Its a nice axe....

Mine's a slight variation.Rg450MMH. Lists $1250. Its discontinued to if you'd wanna get this unique axe, hurry for the remaining few pieces. its a maple/maple neck and mahog body, as compared to rosewood fingerboard w/sharkfin inlay and basswood body, the DX.

Back