Review needed for Ibanez JEM Junior

neuro182

I tried to source for info on Yahoo as well as JEMsite but can't seem to find any info on an Ibanez JEM Junior. If anyone has any useful links, pls do not hesitate to post it here for me :)

If I'm not wrong, its specs is quite similar to those of an RG?

Keep me informed, pls spam here!! :) Thank you.

Hmm

artoflife: as in the specs for e JEM Junior is similar to JEM 555?

Any idea what is the stock pickups?

it shld be the same, i had one before i should know...anyway an rg for the same price would give u a better bridge, but for the jem 555, i think the pickups and looks make up for everything else... now i wonder why the hell i sold it and got a rg prestige....sigh

Hmm

artoflife: as in the specs for e JEM Junior is similar to JEM 555?

Any idea what is the stock pickups?

i've got an ibanez JEM JR red color, i think it's discontinued because dont see that color on the website...

it's real nice man, and cheap somemore

It's evolutions in the 555, if I'm not wrong.
The 555 has a better bridge, the Edge Pro 2 rather than highly detestable ILT1 bridge in the JEM-JR. The JEM-JR has Infinity pups in it. Both are korean and definately not worth the money to me IMO.

Hmm

tany said:
i've got an ibanez JEM JR red color, i think it's discontinued because dont see that color on the website...

it's real nice man, and cheap somemore

What is e neck/fretboard material & stock pickups? Btw, it's using a Lo TRS II tremolo bridge ryte?

Save more, get the real thing, or get an RG. Jem JR just an RG with the monkey grip thingie. Jem 555 if im not wrong has evo pups, but the inlays look cheap, so yea, better off getting an RG

Yups

GuitarNoob said:
Save more, get the real thing, or get an RG. Jem JR just an RG with the monkey grip thingie. Jem 555 if im not wrong has evo pups, but the inlays look cheap, so yea, better off getting an RG

Any idea which RG model is good? Any recommendations?

Don't bother about the JEM Jr. The reason why it isn't easily found on jemsite is because when the JEM Jr was released, the general opinion was a very big disapproval from the masses there. Its such a shame for such a guitar to be in league of the mighty JEM. So you can imagine its popularity on that forum. Anyway, its trem is worthless... worse than the dreaded Ibanez trs trems.

The JEM 555 has a much better bridge and comes with Evolutions. Whats bad is there's only half of the Tree of Life inlay... and the MIK tag, which many JEM owners feel does not match up to the real MIJ JEMs.

Get an RG instead... or a Prestiege RG. OR, try the discontinued JEM7DBK... still some stock left, and its ard $1800. Comes with Breeds instead but I prefer their smoothness to the harsher Evos.

Hee

Hmm there seem to be alot of disapproval for the JEM Junior. I'm quite keen on it bec of e sound as well as e floyd rose bridge (maybe my expectation is kinda low). I tried e RGs at Bras Basah SweeLee & I don't seem to find any vast differences, except price wise.

I like Steve Vai sound, but got no $$ for e JEM/Universe series, so maybe a JEM Junior wld suffice for e time being? I tried it at Aljunied SweeLee & I kinda grown to like it. That's why :)[/list]

I second Shredcow's opinions on the Jem Jr. Especially the TRS. If you are a constant user of the trem, i suggest you stay away from the TRS. It'll start to haunt you quickly after acquiring one. Tuning stability is just... horrendous. But as always, if it's something you really would love to own, get it and don't be swayed by what people think.

Latest posts

Back