Review needed for Ibanez JEM Junior

I wan dat JEM Junior & I'm keeping it. I just can't blif dat guy is at fault & then he spammed me & said I'm wrong. But actually its my fault for not inspecting carefully la. Sad case. Hope history wont repeat itself.

neuro182 said:
I wan dat JEM Junior & I'm keeping it. I just can't blif dat guy is at fault & then he spammed me & said I'm wrong. But actually its my fault for not inspecting carefully la. Sad case. Hope history wont repeat itself.

wow what an evil person. haha my JEM JR is still in mint condition. hardly any scratches except the stupid scratch my sis made on the pickguard :evil:

Neuro, you must really want a JEM, despite all the advise against it that so many of us have given you...

Well, its too late now... here's some tips for damage control. If you ever find the trem unsatisfactory (which you will), what you can do to help improve stability, is to have it blocked till you can purchase a better trem.

However, the thing is, I'm not sure what trems are interchangable with your ILT1 bridge. So yeah...

I'm sad to hear abt your case but well... live and learn.

Trust no one. Always request for an inspection and a test drive. dun scared paiseh or what.
Guys cannot scared paiseh. If he does, he cannot accomplish much in his life.

And that was what Confucius said.....

Hee

Hmm thanks guys for all your advices. I'll go & upgrade JEM Jr slowly. Anywae, need advice on whr can I get a good paint job done cuz got chips at e top & bottom of e axe. Heart aches man.

If I were you, I would use the money to change the tuners and trem first. No point having a good looking guitar when you're outta tune and sounding bad. You can go and find paint markers and do temporary touch up.

As for refin, if I were in your shoes, I would probably strip the paint and just tung oil it. :smt003

Lifehouse said:
As for refin, if I were in your shoes, I would probably strip the paint and just tung oil it. :smt003

Basswood is a very soft wood and tung oil would offer very little protection for it. A wipe on varnish would be a better solution. Get some marine varnish or yatcht varnish, blend it with 50% turpentine and u have a ready home made wipe-on varnish u can do with a lint free cloth.

KC

Lifehouse said:
If I were you, I would use the money to change the tuners and trem first. No point having a good looking guitar when you're outta tune and sounding bad. You can go and find paint markers and do temporary touch up.

Hmmm... no point changing the tuners if you are using a locking trem system. ;) Its pretty redundant once you lock your nut.

The first thing is to change that awful trem...

my 2cents :

I'd recommend you try as far as possible to sell and make as much money as possible from sale/scrap of this guitar. For the trouble and cost of upgrading, a new, functional RG, of similar specs can be obtained. There will be less trouble with trem routing, neck, pickups , etc. Its seriously more worth to get a new guitar than upgrade a lower guitar to that level IMO.

the amt he is gonna spend will be more than getting a new jem jr.. brand new $720 at swee lee only..

Anywae, need advice on whr can I get a good paint job done cuz got chips at e top & bottom of e axe.

Be prepared to fork out minimum of $250(varies) if you're going for a paint job. An OFR trem would set you back around $350.

Nefianz said:
the amt he is gonna spend will be more than getting a new jem jr.. brand new $720 at swee lee only..

720 ah? i went there just now and saw ard 900 :? oh yeah and about the ibanez sale.. forgot to ask the guys there.. but the awe-in-one picks are awesome though

nope.. no idea wen the ibanez sale is.. forgot to ask.. and the old guy looks scary :? ohh.. so thats the price list? okay.. so its cheaper if u ask?

Always ask. Treat it like some bargain store, go in and push for as low a price as possible

the old balding guy seems abit cranky though.. but the other malay guy seems friendly enough.. so im going to try my luck next time.

Back