Review needed for Ibanez JEM Junior

If I'm not wrong, e floyd rose trem bridge I bought from e guy is diff frm e original 1. I went SweeLee todae to let them inspect my guit. True enough, they told me got some wiring problems, signals cant be sent to e tone knob & my guit seriously need a re-wiring. Somemore that guy still say e guit in good working condition zZz.

My trem bridge, if im not wrong, should be a Lo TRS.

Now I need to noe, whr in Sg can I get cheap Dimarzio pickups? Evolution (neck/bridge).

If I'm not wrong right, the trem system on the Jem.Jr., or any other floyd equipped guitar, is very exclusive. Meaning its made to only fit a certain trem. Its not possible to replace the trem that easily, with something else, especially in the Jem series.

Therefore, knowing the Jem.Jr. comes with an ILT1 bridge, and no prior routing was done, its highly likely its an ILT1 default bridge. (I'm not hinting its impossible to swap, but highly likely to be default.)

Just my 2cents.

Btw, saw ur Jem.Jr for sale, thats a ILT1 alright :) .

Okie dokz :) Thanx. I don't even noe how does a ILT1 bridge looks like until u mentioned to me, thanks alot. So do u suggest I swap it out?

If the trem cavity is exclusive, then...

Its not as easy as it sounds. Many complications may occur. Save the hassle and get a new RG with a nice floyd. However, if you really wanna swap, its very difficult. You'll spend so much money and trouble, and may end up just getting another guitar instead.

Gimme the measurements of your trem. Width and length. Then the measurements of your trem cavity.

Maybe the Schaller Floyd Rose can fit your cavity. Its got a smaller profile top... just like your ILT1. Its a good trem... but its going to cost you about $375.

Hmm

Wah.. I tink Ill probably need to save up a little more for e tremolo bridge, but I find it quite comfy for e moment.

Its not a good trem bridge, is it?

I was tinking of hitting at e pickups 1st, then do e trem.

Back