Pedalboard Pictures!

alrite...time for some update..haha

got myself the budda budwah yest...heres some pic
PICT0007.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0008-1.jpg

PW-2

Hi Bro relinquish69,
Its hard for me to explain the sound quality of PW-2. To me it stood in between MT-2 and MD-2. No matter how u set the settings of PW-2, u can't get the sound to be MT-2 or MD-2. They are unique.. Like what is being stated in BossArea website :"Even at low amp volumes, the PW-2 sounds huge!". And the reason of their discontinuity - "Maybe it was a mistake to label the tone controls FAT and MUSCLE instead of BASS and MIDDLE. "

Nice one Neo, was initially considering the Budwah. So what is your personal take on it?

And what's with the G77 signage in your room? :lol:

my personal take on it..hmm...a great wah wif the mix of modern and vintage sound combine to one...haha... i shall play wif it more den share my take on it... as for the G77 thing..i got tons of posters from them..haha...so i jus stick some of it in some corners of my room...

boardnov06b.jpg

Cables not really setup properly yet, but this is my live rig, which i plug direct to the PA:

MISSE large pedalboard, wonderfully recarpeted by Chris (SoulJaH)

Guitar into:
Vox 848 wah (true bypass yellow fasel)
NineVoltNirvana custom Dinosaur Fuzz
Phoenix Tonemaster booster (used to saturate or shift mids of the ODs)
Xotic BB preamp (sweet mid gain OD)
Paul C TIMMY (transparent amplike OD)
Peterson Strobostomp tuner
<These are powered with 1 Onespot 9v 1700mA adaptor>

Hughes & Kettner Tubeman 3 channel preamp+spkr simulator
Ch1 Tubey Clean, Ch2 Classic-Rock-ish punchy OD, Ch3 Hi gain distortion
<powered by 12V AC adaptor>

Xotic RC Booster (clean volume boost for solos)
Empress Effects Tremolo w/tap tempo
Voodoo Lab Microvibe -for sale! $200! sms 93847955 :p
Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus
Boss DD20 (usually connected to tap tempo pedal, not shown)
DD20 goes direct to PA system or Tech21 Power Engine.
<These are powered by a Boss 9v 500mA adaptor.>

i power my pedals seperately as the OneSpot, which has 1700mA, has too much juice for the analog chip in the Analog Chorus, causing hiss. The 500mA Boss adaptor doesn't.

Also, i seperate the power supplies of the pre-preamp and post-preamp pedals to prevent ground loops (which cause noise).

when i play at home, i sometimes delete the H&K Tubeman and run everything into my Blackface Super Reverb.

ChickMagnet said:
hows the tubeman? where u get it from man

the tubeman works great for going direct. the built in speaker simulator sounds really like a miked amp when plugged direct.

i replaced the stock Ruby 12AX7 with an NOS JAN/Phillips 12AU7 i had lying around. Cleaned up the drives, improved the headroom.

i got it 2nd hand on luther classads..

Sounds cool, does it do the high gain stuff well? Im looking for something with a nice and big sounding tight low end and nice and clear saturated lead tone, this built in speaker simulator is definately a plus point as well

Hehe saw that on TGP earlier, haven't wire up my board properly too. Will post once it's done hopefully dec. Is your RC always on or as a clean boost, and where does it reside in your chain?

I'm leaving mine right at the end before the DD20 as an always on, placing it as 1st in my chain gives my drive pedals a weird low mids kick.....muddy like shat

ChickMagnet said:
Sounds cool, does it do the high gain stuff well? Im looking for something with a nice and big sounding tight low end and nice and clear saturated lead tone, this built in speaker simulator is definately a plus point as well

yes the 3rd channel does a mean high gain. its more of transparent than saturated, but i can get it to saturate by using one of my ODs or boosters to boost it.

my fave is the 2nd channel.. its a transparent, punchy classic rock overdrive. think fulltone OCD but less harsh. instant AC/DC! yeah! :D

you can either use the speaker simulator output to run it direct into the PA, or use the poweramp output to run it in front of a guitar amp or into a poweramp.

Edo83: as listed in the effects order of my post, my RC booster is placed right after my H&K. that way, it acts as an overall clean boost for the overdriven sounds. i usually only use it as a boost for solos.

i have had great results using the RC booster to beef up a piezo signal into the PA as well.. and i also use it as an 'outboard EQ' for my Trace Elliot velocette, which only has a volume and tone control. its a very versatile pedal. 8)

Placing the RC in front of your ODs and cranking up the gain can overload the front end of the OD, causing excessive saturation which can lead to mudiness. With a subtle amount of gain boost, it can work well as an OD saturater.

You might like to experiment with my way of using the RC: try placing yours after your ODs but before your modulation pedals and DD20, to use it as a volume boost.
i usually set the gain at about 8 oclock, vol boosted a little bit, treble at 12.5 o clock (to help cut tru a bit better), and bass 1 o clock (to kick the chest a bit more :D)

ChickMagnet said:

How much gain = your kind of high gain?

Like your high gain = Pantera tones, but mine = Vah Halen.

If your high gain needs = Pantera-ish type, then you would probably be better off with a solid state pedal.

feNdeRbeN said:
Placing the RC in front of your ODs and cranking up the gain can overload the front end of the OD, causing excessive saturation which can lead to mudiness. With a subtle amount of gain boost, it can work well as an OD saturater.

You might like to experiment with my way of using the RC: try placing yours after your ODs but before your modulation pedals and DD20, to use it as a volume boost.

Yup, that's what i found out and i've stuck it just before my DD20 as an always on 'tone sweetener'. Even on mild gain settings, the RC before my drive pedals makes them muddy.

My settings are quite similar, the gain's about 8 to 9..vol at slightly above unity gain....bass and treble to taste depending on i'm using my strat or other guitars.

I agree with you guys on the RC. I use the RC as a gain boost before my distortion pedals. My dist tone is set relatively low, most used for rhythm, I kick on the RC when I do solos or when I need an additional gain stage.

It does a good job at thickening the tone and adding to the gain of my signal.

However sometimes it can get quite muddy with a lot of emphasis on the low end and midrange tones. Sometimes I find myself lost in the mix due to this. I can't seem to coax much hi-end from the RC as a pre-gain boost.

Anyone got another booster to recommend?

Thanks.

Chris, try a treble booster lah. These are designed specifically as pre-OD gain boosts for solos. They add a upper mid and treble kick to help you cut tru the mix.

I let u try my Phoenix Tonemaster la. i is riking it very much in front of my ODs. vely shioks. like Double Phoenix brand royal thai fragant rice added to ur OD.
But its only $200 new, maybe not goot enuffs for thy princely ears. if that fails, may i suggest Anarogman Beano Boost ($400) hehe 8)

ShredCow said:
ChickMagnet said:

How much gain = your kind of high gain?

Like your high gain = Pantera tones, but mine = Vah Halen.

If your high gain needs = Pantera-ish type, then you would probably be better off with a solid state pedal.

Think timmon's tone on his latest album, not that its possible to get with pedals but something like that, for metal chug stuff, think Iced Earth's tone in their alive in athens album. Honestly I dont give a damn if its tubes or solid state, if it sounds gd to me, its good. And I had a pod before, dont like it, end of story

SoulJah said:
However sometimes it can get quite muddy with a lot of emphasis on the low end and midrange tones. Sometimes I find myself lost in the mix due to this. I can't seem to coax much hi-end from the RC as a pre-gain boost.

I would recommend Goose's Boosty.

ChickMagnet said:
Think timmon's tone on his latest album, not that its possible to get with pedals but something like that, for metal chug stuff, think Iced Earth's tone in their alive in athens album. Honestly I dont give a damn if its tubes or solid state, if it sounds gd to me, its good. And I had a pod before, dont like it, end of story

You should "give a damn" if its tubes or not... tubes tend to give that warmth but looser tone.

Then again, those tubes @ 9v gimicky stuff like the Guyatone MM-X Metal Monster is something you could look up. Or the old Sansamp GT2 where the LED was on top in the center.

Hahaha.. Iced Earth's tone in Alive in Athens? Schaffer has custom modded amplifiers.

Maybe you didn't tweak the POD properly back then? But I don't like POD too anyway.

Back