Pedalboard Pictures!

leecs said:
notchjohnson said:
hi guys, i just bought a lot of gears from swee lee and davis, im gonna post a pic of my pedalboard once i get things velcro down and nicely wired up, wow damn excited!!!!

Quick!!!! I cant wait! Im gonna post a pic this weekend too!!!!!

there it is! i got a DS1, a A/B looper fishcake, and a chorus egg.

beehoon.jpg

!!

ur set up looks like mine! hur hur.. haha

bf2,planetwaves tuner,sv1,535q(i think) and jnh. haha

Pics from last Sunday's jam session at Beat Merchants down at Jalan Pinang with my band, Crossover.

Guitarist Benson's board-
ABCD0001.jpg

Ibanez Tubescreamer, Fulltone OCD, Radial Tonebone Trimode, EHX Memory Man, TC Electronics Delay. And a very nice RG, purple flame maple neck thru! No idea what model it is...;)

And mine-
ABCD0002.jpg

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr, Planet Waves Tuner, Red Witch Moonphase, Xotic Effects Robotalk, RC Booster, Bjfe DynaRed Distortion (Thanks Roy!), Boss DD-20. And my fave guitar, Music Man Luke (Thanks Chanmin!).

Nice place Beat Merchants, 2 Marshall stacks, AVT but takes pedals extremely well on the clean channel with loads of headroom. Good acoustics in the room as well. And of course a great airconditioner! ;)

Christopher.

Thanks for the compliment Shredcow...:)

I've been through quite a lot of distortion pedals, Crunch Box, Tubezone, Tonebones etc. It's only taught me one thing, there is no best distortion pedal. But with the Bjfe DRD I can get pretty damn close.

It's very big sounding, cuts through very well. Does not sound muddy with a mid-less honk like others I have tried. The most amplike pedal I've come across. And to get a good sound doesn't require endless hours of tweaking, 3 knobs, I have not found a bad setting on this pedal so far. Took me many months of saving and a shitload of searching to come across but it was all worth it!

The pedal that comes close, is the Tubezone. Amazing amounts of gain on this pedal. But it's pretty damn hard to tweak IMHO, but it's mostly a set and forget pedal. You find a good sound and you're more or less set for most applications.

BJF pedals are uber hyped man... i would like to try them out but DAMNNNNNNNNN!!! I don't have many arms & legs left.

Great stuff only gets better when they work for you. I'm happy for you that you found something that rocks! :D

Yes I agree. It ain't easy to get the tone you hear in your head especially when there's just so many pedals to choose from. The Bjfe really proved its worth to me during our last gig. But I still keep my Tubezone with me, just in case. ;)

I'm currently in the midst of making another pedalboard out of all the other pedals I own, for the more old school Trower/Hendrix type sounds. :)

Can't wait!

thanks yu hua. i noe i need better cables la. intending to use misse flatheads. save space then can get smaller,lighter board. shredcow, on e recordings u made(X2n showcase n restless), i like your distorted tone. What did u use?

j_m_s said:
shredcow, on e recordings u made(X2n showcase n restless), i like your distorted tone. What did u use?

I like it too... its sort of lo fi sounding for X2N Showcase.

Back then, it was...

TS9DX to Boss SD2 to Roland Microcube (can rem which clean) line in to computer. And of course, my ibanez Saber with X2N in bridge.

Restless... uhmm.... RG7621 with stock Dimarzio New7 pups, into a stock metalzone to Sansamp Original (clean, my "amp") line in to computer. A LOT of eq-ing on the computer.

wow. so simple? the tone u got was.. SHIOK! no booteek stuff! haha. im looking 4 a sd2 but cant find. i didnt like ts9dx. pref 808

j_m_s said:
wow. so simple? the tone u got was.. SHIOK! no booteek stuff! haha. im looking 4 a sd2 but cant find. i didnt like ts9dx. pref 808

Don't need boutique to sound good. Too bad in my case I found its better than stock... *sigh* there goes the dough...

SD-2 nice... modded, even nicer.

My TS9DX was modded by Randolf.

hahaha... booteek freak. screwdriver! u should get urself a box of rock or SHO or Fuzz factory la

j_m_s said:
hahaha... booteek freak. screwdriver! u should get urself a box of rock or SHO or Fuzz factory la

Don't like Marshal tones... SHO is over priced, got a Vintage Tone Projects KGB, similiar to SHO @ 1/4 of price... Fuzz Factory, tried before, didn't work for me, sold it off.

:D

Back