Pedalboard Pictures!

Another thing about clips...be careful about making a judgement based on just what you hear from clips.

u're totally right.

but thats not the case with the area 51 wah. it sounds much better in person actually, compared to the clips.

They sound really nice, throaty in an almost vocal-like quality with a really smooth top end on both cleans and distortion which translates to a really pleasant wah sound.

this is a perfect description for the area 51, except u missed out that it has a huge sweep. i've tried the RMC 4 picture wah. it also fits into ur description above, but the area 51 has a more vocal and more pronounced "wah". a good way to describe it is, the picture wah "waaaahs" while the area 51 "WAAAAHS"

okay. enough blabbering abt tone. less talk more play

The area 51's are careful detailed re-creation of vintage wahs, so you get something better than the usual offering ....eg. hand wound inductor to correct spec and Wima caps (we use em too) , custom pots...etc
Most productions wahs offered nowadays are miserably crappy with added components which rob the true personality and feel ...and they ain't getting any cheaper.
I have seen lots buy em and then chuck em under the bed....

A good wah will inspire you not just go wah wah ...

Interestingly, the RMCs I tried - while sounding extremely throaty and growling, I just didn't click with them. They seemed to cut the low end off in a way that didn't really work with high gain. Perhaps the Wizard solved this.

My tastes seem to be for the more boxy, less vocal kind of wahs. Sort of mechanical sounding, you know the waka-waka instead of woawahhhh kind of vibe.

Crybabys just vomit. Nice for some stuff.

Just did a shoot-out with a wizard and a gworx modded wah last night.

The Wizard had more mids and sounded awesome with clean but lacked character into a fuzz (fudge 73) whereas the gworx modded Vox c/w Fasel inductor and Jen (Italian) spec transistors gave better performance on both clean and into fuzz with added clarity minus the parisitic Vox shrill highs.

Amp used was a vintage Bassman135 and Stan Hinesley-Viper loaded strat.

Both wahs will be onboard ...were the final comments of the owner.

Shred....still with the Maxon Blubber wah ?
DS00155880.jpg

Hey Goose,
Yeah man - the Flubber is still here. Excellent stuff, I still like the way it sounds... that little control you added to it - I still don't really know what it does but it works brilliantly. Can go from thin funky stuff to thick bass heavy grind. Really good mod!

Doesn't the RMC Wizard have a built in buffer to handle fuzz? Or was it an older RMC without the buffer?

haha yeap, thats your old ebow. I'm loving it. Using it quite abit in some songs. haha. mostly on slower songs..

woah.. epilady is scary. can be used to attack the drummer that always plays too loud.... hmmm.

Wonder how I'm gonna my other stuff when they arrive on the PT1! dang.

yup, picked it up second hand. heh. Gonna use this for one or two gigs then letting it go once I get my other pedals in heh. I've got about 6 other things to stuff on it. and its already full.

hey jms, nice timing!! heress my all black/white/chrome board too. its completed, after a long period of 2 years of saving and careful planning!! (i only changed 2-3 pedals in the process, smth im really proud of! money does not fall from the sky!!)

3732009823_c8cb9c16ff.jpg

3732008017_1b30e758db.jpg

front view

3732008893_f78e113866.jpg

a shot with my guitar! these days i only play this.

Goose helped me solve the issue of noise on my wah by changing the pot on it to a wahpotz2 from jim dunlop. i absolutely love it now! very clear and huge WAH sweep compared to the 847a. extremely usable even with high gain (didnt get that either). not here to talk about wah tone because i've never tried out any other wah!

so its guitar > pitchblack > vox wah> tone press> sahasrara OD> seventheaven> redwitch moonphase> dd20> dd7. i seldom use the dd7 as a delay, more as a looper.

now i have no more distractions to making music!

Back