Pedalboard Pictures!

You don't need to use a wall wart for an Openhaus - just take 2 9v outputs of any isolated / multi output power supply (eg PP2+, Fuel Tank Jr) and it combines the total output to 18v.

I've got the "2 outputs to 2 inputs" power cable from Ed, so i can also power the Sahasrara at 18v. Sounds great that way too, and you don't waste 1 output!

The mystery pedal is the Goosesonique 73 Fudge fuzz in case you were wondering. Superb Muff-like fuzz that trounces the competition.

pedalboard2NEW-1.jpg

shit i want that prometheus! already asked TYMC to alert me when it arrives. I sold my moog murf for that.

I dont need tap tempo cos i only use the murf for transitions and the step mode is similar to the step sequencer which i dig in the murf! plus no need for extra wall wart since im using a fuel tank junior....

nice board btw....i think you really covered alot of ground there. Anyways, no 7th heaven? :D

the seventheaven is on my other board - the big ass coffin i used to use when playing out, and have now put out to pasture for home use only. nowadays i don't feel like struggling with a 40kg monster especially since i don't use a good portion of the effects with the new music (the Nova Modulator is a pretty alright substitute), hence this much more manageable board.

besides, my other guitarist uses the 7th in his setup, and i wanted to ensure the guitar tones live were different. also, the 7th won't fit on this board, but the openhaus does :) but for recording, you can bet the 7th is definitely on the invite.

i hope the Prometheus works for you. if it isn't, you can try the step sequencers in zvex effects, or the Boss Slicer which looks nifty (but have not been tempted to procure, as yet). the murf is wicked, but it's a nightmare on the pedalboard real estate.

it is a pretty complete board as is - the only add-on i've envisioned is this which i'll eventually incorporate. i just got a PT mini, and i'll have a simple all Hardwire set (i love those pedals) - overdrive, distortion, delay and reverb - the plan is to connect it before this PT2 with a volume pedal in between - when i want ambient "delay / reverb before OD into reverb with volume swells in between" type sounds.

Last edited:
tell me bout the murf... i have 4 moogs on board and its a B*t*h on the real estate. but i learnt something from a wise man whos names after poultry... if you gotta bring the stuff, then do it and shut up and make some music.. ha ha.... so...... i have a really big right arm now...and i walk with a limp BUT im making the music....

You don't need to use a wall wart for an Openhaus - just take 2 9v outputs of any isolated / multi output power supply (eg PP2+, Fuel Tank Jr) and it combines the total output to 18v.

I've got the "2 outputs to 2 inputs" power cable from Ed, so i can also power the Sahasrara at 18v. Sounds great that way too, and you don't waste 1 output!

The mystery pedal is the Goosesonique 73 Fudge fuzz in case you were wondering. Superb Muff-like fuzz that trounces the competition.

pedalboard2NEW-1.jpg

Hi dan, just wanna ask whether ur retro sonic phaser is an improved clone of the script phaser? And how does it fare against the original? Thanx! :mrgreen:

pedalitis - totally agree. if you need and use the gear, don't compromise and don't bee-atch too much about it. suck it up and deal with it! despite the headaches and backaches lugging that boardzilla around every time, i never regretted it.

but having said that i am thankful i've been able to downsize!

mrbukka - i like the phaser alot. similar vibes to a vintage MXR but with some major plus points - the independent volume knob and depth knob definitely. the true bypass and LED don't hurt either. packs the sweet phaser tones you'd expect from an MXR circuit but without the tendency to distort and sound like a balloon about to burst (which actually can be really nice - the Boss PH-1R is absolutely great for that). One misgiving though - i think it's probably my unit's problem - i think there might be something wrong with the switch (or possibly patch cable, i haven't had the time to check) - sometimes when turning the pedal on or off, the switch cuts out and signal dies - i have to kick it again. probably a loose connection of sorts, i'll sort it out one day.

PS - for real sweet phaser tones, on a low phase setting, the Maxon PT-99 is untouchable.

suck it up and deal with it! despite the headaches and backaches lugging that boardzilla around every time, i never regretted it.

I did that with a PT-Pro! Even for "simple" rehearsals, I lug it down.

I think the word is commitment... or conviction.

And feedback, some feedback about your efx chain - I see a lot of tone sucking going on... like the Bad Horsie should be on top of the Delay, never below.

To me conviction and dedication is of course a must, but be smart.

If i can get my desired tone from a simple setup....i'd rather lug a pedaltrain jr than a pt pro anytime. Another downside is i dont drive.

So moral of the story is....be smart and know what you really NEED. I think this is often undermined among musicians who are always comparing who has more gear pedals and stuff.

the seventheaven is on my other board - the big ass coffin i used to use when playing out, and have now put out to pasture for home use only. nowadays i don't feel like struggling with a 40kg monster especially since i don't use a good portion of the effects with the new music (the Nova Modulator is a pretty alright substitute), hence this much more manageable board.

besides, my other guitarist uses the 7th in his setup, and i wanted to ensure the guitar tones live were different. also, the 7th won't fit on this board, but the openhaus does :) but for recording, you can bet the 7th is definitely on the invite.

i hope the Prometheus works for you. if it isn't, you can try the step sequencers in zvex effects, or the Boss Slicer which looks nifty (but have not been tempted to procure, as yet). the murf is wicked, but it's a nightmare on the pedalboard real estate.

it is a pretty complete board as is - the only add-on i've envisioned is this which i'll eventually incorporate. i just got a PT mini, and i'll have a simple all Hardwire set (i love those pedals) - overdrive, distortion, delay and reverb - the plan is to connect it before this PT2 with a volume pedal in between - when i want ambient "delay / reverb before OD into reverb with volume swells in between" type sounds.

Interesting. i'd give the slicer a shot but im not too keen on Boss's COSM modelling technology. And i think Zvex's stuff is rather overpriced. i'll get the Prometheus, if I dont like it I'll probably head back to the Murf again. Right now the prometheus is top on the list cos i've heard what it can do and some settings sound exactly like what i would use when i had the Murf. Plus smaller footprint, no need separate adapter and all is a big plus for me. Mostly using it for step sequencing and experimental stuff and i don need the separate filter eq section and the endless possibilities that the murf offers.

I tried the Hardwire reverb at swee lee the other day and while it was nice, i must admit they are really overpriced.

yeah u've downsized eh ized, would like to see ur new board.. what now? after selling ur pt jr? a mini?

i'll want a mini soon! so that i can fit in an efficient and LIGHT board. a pt2 is already back breaking..

my favourite fuzz pedal is inside the picture!!!

wonder if i'm looking at the same thing too... :?:
but the switch on their pedals can even be activated or de-activaded accidentally with the weight of the cable while playing! and the sparkle pumpkin orange colour is delicious!! :p

now still looking for another one of my fav pedals from them too: the hot pink Thrash Master pedal!! instant Cowboy From Hell!! :mrgreen:

yeah u've downsized eh ized, would like to see ur new board.. what now? after selling ur pt jr? a mini?

i'll want a mini soon! so that i can fit in an efficient and LIGHT board. a pt2 is already back breaking..

I've downsized.....to just a guitar :D

haha no la! I sold my pt junior so that i could get the one with the upgraded soft foam grip...

yeah i hated the PT2. really heavy plus i never really filled it with pedals to its entirety so its like waste of its ample space. the mini really looks good though

I've downsized.....to just a guitar :D

haha no la! I sold my pt junior so that i could get the one with the upgraded soft foam grip...

yeah i hated the PT2. really heavy plus i never really filled it with pedals to its entirety so its like waste of its ample space. the mini really looks good though

oh chey!! ahhahah

i'll keep my pt2 because i cant tap dance as well as you.. pedals that are too packed together, esp the boss pedals, i tend to step wrongly. so i need them to be spaced out nicely. i can even lose my balance when trying to step on a pedal.. damn that sucks.. look like some drunk loser.

+1 to losing balance while tap dancing!

*prepares to step on effect..waaaiiting for time to turn on.... waaaiting..."ooh shit, losing balance..... -tries to balance using heel- ....shit..."..... -lose balance- *

:D

Back