Pedalboard Pictures!

A nice small pedalboard can be the 'end' too, instead of a start.

After a couple of years of gear-whoring, I ended up with a nice small pedalboard.

:)

try turning up the volume knob on your fulldrive on vintage mode into the ds-1, THEN it's time to rock and roll!

The fulldrive is a tubescreamer clone. Which is why it excels at boosty a heavier distortion like the DS-1.

YES. whether you intend to play one gig or a thousand. in fact i think a pedaltuner should be the 1st effect pedal anybody owns. there is nothing more annoying to an audience member than (a) realising a band member is out of tune and (b) sitting through said band member's hopeless attempts to tune by ear for what seems like an eternity with every tortured twang cutting through the deathly silence of the crowd's anticipation and boredom.

I see. thanks for explaning.

then for those who don't have a pedaltuner on board, do you not gig? why didn't you put a pedaltuner on board?

I'd assume it's either cutting costs, laziness, lack of experience, or confident that their guitar is super stable with floyd + tremsetter + locking nut + locking tuners or whatever. or thinking that tuning up before the gig will suffice. or thinking it's perfectly fine to tune by ear in front of an audience and disrupt the flow of the set. all these are honestly, silly reasons.

at the very least buy a clip on tuner for the headstock.

you'd be hard pressed to find one professional musician who doesn't have a floor or rack tuner. ONE. and i'm talking about even those guys who have roadies to change their guitar after every song.

malaysian, are you asking this because you're thinking about getting one but are reluctant for some reason or other? if so could i ask why? everyone who's responded is already saying yes a pedaltuner is essential. so why are you trying to find someone who'll say the opposite? curious.

malaysian, are you asking this because you're thinking about getting one but are reluctant for some reason or other? if so could i ask why?

yesyes. the more pedals i bring, the heavier pedalboard i gotta carry. that's why. lol.

everyone who's responded is already saying yes a pedaltuner is essential. so why are you trying to find someone who'll say the opposite? curious.

well, just gathering somemore info and opinions. hehe.
n those who responded, are those who have a tuner onboard, but those who don't have a tuner onboard didn't reply anything, so just curious. no biggie.

note: clip on tuners have a number of flaws. often they are frustrating to use especially in varied lighting conditions. they tend to pick up interference from other instruments bleeding in as they are pretty much microphone based.

also, they pick up internal vibrations and resonance of your guitar, via the headstock - body, joint, neck, headstock. i'm no expert in psychoacoustics but i think something will be lost in translation along the way. it just does not seem as good a conduit for accurate timbres (you'd pick up overtones, harmonics etc along the way) as a direct output from a guitar.

One of the so-called better clip on tuners, the Intelli IMT 500, has still not been impervious to criticisms for difficulties and inaccuray in relation to tuning the 5th and 6th strings.

Last edited:
yesyes. the more pedals i bring, the heavier pedalboard i gotta carry. that's why. lol.

one extra pound won't kill you dude! Come on, are you a rocker or a pussy? grow some muscles! :)

frankly it's just one of those things you gotta live with as a guitarist. you're lucky you're in Asia where almost every gig is provided with backline. try touring in AU, UK, US - you'd be hauling your 4x12 speaker cabinets up fire staircases to the gig and having to set up everything in 10 and tear down in the same time - including your drums, your micing up of everything, etc, and your line / sound check.

and you're worried about the WEIGHT of 1 pedal?

if you don't invest and make sacrifices for your music you'll never succeed. i think for you it begins with taking on the load of an additional pedal on your board.

you'd be hard pressed to find one professional musician who doesn't have a floor or rack tuner. ONE. and i'm talking about even those guys who have roadies to change their guitar after every song.

I've got the tuner to end all tuners... The ultimate guitarist's tool box. scales, chords, tuner, metronome, 4 track recorder, mixer all included.

apple%20iphone%20measurements.jpg

:mrgreen:

Yet I still have a BOSS Tuner in my pedalboard.
1222.jpg

Utterly essential. Super light.

one extra pound won't kill you dude! Come on, are you a rocker or a pussy? grow some muscles! :)

frankly it's just one of those things you gotta live with as a guitarist. you're lucky you're in Asia where almost every gig is provided with backline. try touring in AU, UK, US - you'd be hauling your 4x12 speaker cabinets up fire staircases to the gig and having to set up everything in 10 and tear down in the same time - including your drums, your micing up of everything, etc, and your line / sound check.

and you're worried about the WEIGHT of 1 pedal?

if you don't invest and make sacrifices for your music you'll never succeed. i think for you it begins with taking on the load of an additional pedal on your board.

thnx mate, for everything. ;)

hey guys, thinking of getting the fuel tanks jr too. but it has 5 outputs, no? and i see that softies like bro Ized has more than 5. do u use daisy chain for it, too?

Back