Pedalboard Pictures!

katana is just a booster then u r mistaken cause in actual fact it works more like a preamp due to its class A cascaded dual FET design

If you like your kantana then you should really give Goose's boosty a try....it dosent use any op amps too and uses 3 transistors instead. It really gives a nice transparent sound BUT there is a low and high end eq control on it so you can shape your tone to your inherent liking. If im not wrong Jfets are used instead of FETs for that class A preamp sound.

The boosty seriously kicks ass....it killed the catalinbread picoso and the rc booster when i brought it to a/b at goose's place. My tone sounded fuller, thicker and more natural without the wooly muddy mids of the rc booster and without the piercing highs of the picoso, which is a mosfet booster btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_12Ler9B8&feature=related

This is how a REAL trainwreck sounds....listen to how harmonically fat and rich it is, and how the notes literally jump out of the amp. It remains fat and rich even when he plays on the upper frets. It also sustains in an almost smooth sort of way, even though picking dynamics sound rather gritty.

I don't think there's any pedal comes close to nailing that actual trainwreck sound.....or any of the 30 or more so-called clones of the amp.

An original trainwreck can go for up to 35k USD btw...provided if there's anyone is even willing to part with theirs :)

Last edited:
I don't think there's any pedal comes close to nailing that actual trainwreck sound.....or any of the 30 or more so-called clones of the amp.

An original trainwreck can go for up to 35k USD btw...provided if there's anyone is even willing to part with theirs :)

AA ..Aa ..AA ..you are walking into hype zone ...
Ized, the Ceriatone TW Nails it perty good..or even better.
;)

The boosty seriously kicks ass....it killed the catalinbread picoso and the rc booster when i brought it to a/b at goose's place. My tone sounded fuller, thicker and more natural without the wooly muddy mids of the rc booster and without the piercing highs of the picoso, which is a mosfet booster btw.

I like the Boosty too. Have used it many times live and its always very pleasing to the ear. Even when I had that "accident" where the volume got pushed up wayyyy too loud - it still wasn't ear bleeding.

Another use - tone sculpting. Like when recording stuff and what not. Nice. Can be used to add "bite" to the tone.

hi all.

i am seeking advice about this, my pedalboard consist of gt-10, a whammy, a wah, and a demeter fat boost. and when my mesa v twin is repaired i will include it in to my efx board. but the problem is, i was told tht, becuz individually they have different power sources, they create noise. which is evident when i play at dragonfly only when i step on the distortions, when i am not playing, there this noise, which i assume the problem comes from the power supply. so i was told tht i will need to isolate them. so can anyone share with me what solution i can take?

thanks. this would be a great help. sorry if this is alil out of topic. hee i will take a pic of my board once this problem is fixed! :) and post it here!

Last edited:
hmm.. if im not wrong the biyang pedalpower is isolated..
but really can somebody define isolated.. ive tried wiki too

btw aha. you can try biyang noiseless adaptor!:p

If you like your kantana then you should really give Goose's boosty a try....it dosent use any op amps too and uses 3 transistors instead. It really gives a nice transparent sound BUT there is a low and high end eq control on it so you can shape your tone to your inherent liking. If im not wrong Jfets are used instead of FETs for that class A preamp sound.

Oooops my bad ized, thanx for correcting bro, the katana uses JFET keke ;)

I totally agree with goose on ceriatone, heard their trainwreck copy and was immediately sold on its tone.......really sweet, although i have never really heard a real trainwreck live before, the ceriatone one really sound sweet i must say!

Last edited:
My tiny effects board is humbled by all you monsters of muzak!
420361266_LUR8H-M.jpg

420361211_Jebur-M.jpg

Anything more is a pain in the ass to carry around :p and too complex to tweak.

420361266_LUR8H-M.jpg

420361211_Jebur-M.jpg

another barber fan! the barber ltd is one hell of a good pedal.. i have one too and i recently acquired a direct drive ss.

Oooops my bad ized, thanx for correcting bro, the katana uses JFET keke ;)

I totally agree with goose on ceriatone, heard their trainwreck copy and was immediately sold on its tone.......really sweet, although i have never really heard a real trainwreck live before, the ceriatone one really sound sweet i must say!

The boosty uses JFETs too.... Pretty awesome pedal....if i'm not wrong there are some dudes with really nice amps here (like the H & K triamp) and the boosty made it sound even better. What I like is that the boosty dosent impose too much of its own character to it...So my seventheaven just sounds bigger and fuller in all, unlike the rc booster which felt like there was a blanket over my original sound.

Trainwrecks are really awesome sounding amps for that breakup sound. It's not really for that heavy rock or metal sound but the amp just kicks ass for what it does.

If im not wrong Jfets are used instead of FETs for that class A preamp sound.

What are you talking about? That doesn't make sense.

A JFET is a FET.

Class A amps can be made from tubes, FET's or BJT's.

Many Opamps have JFET's and Class A amplifiers right in side of them...like a TL072 for example.

What are you talking about? That doesn't make sense.

A JFET is a FET.

Class A amps can be made from tubes, FET's or BJT's.

Many Opamps have JFET's and Class A amplifiers right in side of them...like a TL072 for example.

I was referring to the ones used in the Keeley Kantana bro....until MrBukka cleared up the notion as it uses Jfets too.

Well im not a tech anyways, so maybe i got things wrong. It happens.

420361266_LUR8H-M.jpg

420361211_Jebur-M.jpg

Wahaha nice little board u got there! Nice to see another Barber fan, btw wats the brown pedal that look real cool?

The boosty uses JFETs too.... Pretty awesome pedal....if i'm not wrong there are some dudes with really nice amps here (like the H & K triamp) and the boosty made it sound even better. What I like is that the boosty dosent impose too much of its own character to it...So my seventheaven just sounds bigger and fuller in all, unlike the rc booster which felt like there was a blanket over my original sound.

Trainwrecks are really awesome sounding amps for that breakup sound. It's not really for that heavy rock or metal sound but the amp just kicks ass for what it does.

Hey bro, u r really making me GAS again my friend!!! haha damn itching for the boosty......but i have to resist bro cause the next "big thing" is just round the corner......and i have to be prepared for it, and this time round i will make sure goose make me the first few keke.......:twisted:

Hi guys,

I've seen lots of pictures of pedalboards with flat headed cables. Can anyone tell me where to get them? I can't find them anywhere!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back