Pedalboard Pictures!

Shredcow, if you look at his pedals carefully all his pedals are true bypassed before the seventheaven. I noticed my maxon's buffer making the seventheaven a little brighter too before it...but I like it cos my tone cuts through better that way. A Citrus may be replacing it in the near future though.

Mr Bukka, nice board you got down there...pretty much covered most bases with your setup, nice!

Keke thanx shredcow and ized for ur advice and compliments, i did notice alittle loss in tone with my vox wah but now since it's true bypass (thanx to seekz), everything seems fine now......oh and i realized that by stacking either my DD, LTD, or Katana (fat boost engaged) with the 7th, it's instant chugga power but with different flavour keke, currently i like to stack my LTD with the 7th, just sounds so much sweeter........and brings out the character of the 7th more. I am still experimenting with my setup, but currently i am satisfied (only thing i can think of is changing my phaser)!

Keke thanx shredcow and ized for ur advice and compliments, i did notice alittle loss in tone with my vox wah but now since it's true bypass (thanx to seekz), everything seems fine now......oh and i realized that by stacking either my DD, LTD, or Katana (fat boost engaged) with the 7th, it's instant chugga power but with different flavour keke, currently i like to stack my LTD with the 7th, just sounds so much sweeter........and brings out the character of the 7th more. I am still experimenting with my setup, but currently i am satisfied (only thing i can think of is changing my phaser)!

Bro, if you are changing your ph-3, let my friend(the one who sold you the fuel tank know) coz he is looking for a phaser.....thanks

haven't posted here in a while.
a friendly photobug snapped this photo of my board at a recent gig, so i thought i'd share it here, its my current live rig.
n733470253_4930237_3361.jpg

chain goes like this:

RMC Picture Wah
Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe (Bob Sweet was a genius, he will be greatly missed)
Peterson Strobostomp tuner
Menatone King Of The Britains (marshall plexi amp in a box)
Menatone Kar Krash (trainwreck amp in a box)
Catalinbread boost (clean volume boost for solos)
Empress Tremolo
Barber Barb-EQ (set for a blackface fender clean EQ)
Boss DD20 delay w/Blue Ark tap tempo switch

Palmer PDI-09 guitar direct box/speaker simulator, direct to the PA via the venue's XLR line.

This box sounds like a mic'd up guitar cabinet, while the Barb-EQ provides the amp EQ, and the Menatones provide the preamp sound.

the line tru of the Palmer is sent to the venue's amp to monitor myself, amp is not mic'ed up.

this way i get a consistant, controllable direct sound everywhere i go, without having to worry about mic placement and unfamiliar amp tweakage.

Last edited:
Hey fenderben, i noticed u also own a howie, just wondering how does the howie and the kar krash compare? Great gear by the way :)

Hey fenderben, i noticed u also own a howie, just wondering how does the howie and the kar krash compare? Great gear by the way :)

i actually sold the howie quite long ago. the round singing dumble-ish sound was just not suited for the stuff i play.

the kar krash is harmonically rich, has a very fast response, bright, cuts through a mix like a knife. my kinda thang :D

Icic, sounds interesting. Is the Kar Krash a low, mid or high gain OD? Never came across a trainwreck like pedal before haha.

it can do low gain to moderate high gain. i normally set it for low-medium gain on the 'fast' side, then switch to the 'gradual' side for higher gain.

i also use the independant boost of the KOTB to boost the front end of the 'fast' side for a different sound.

it also has a mini switch labelled 'Komet/Wreck'.. meaning Komet or Trainwreck. i prefer the Trainwreck mode.

here is a video of my good buddy Chris (Souljah) demonstrating the Kar Krash..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dhvVmp178

imho its worth every one of the many pennies that it cost..

Hey guys, i finally had the time to fix up my board after a long hiatus.......so here it is, my latest incarnation:

P1010045.jpg

and
P1010048.jpg

EFX Chain: Vox 847A Wah (true bypass)> Keeley Katana Clean Boost> Barber LTD Silver> Barber Direct Drive> Goose SeventHeaven> Korg DT-10> Ernie Ball VP Jr> Boss PH3 Phase Shifter> Keeley TR2 Tremolo> EHX Small Clone> Kimjawbettas AD-17 Delay> T.C Electronic Nova Reverb> Powered by T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr :mrgreen:

wahhahhaha. shiok!! its one hell of a board! love the drives. eh how are u going to close your board with the phaser sitting on top of the fuel tank?

haha cool. Seems like one verasatile pedal to me.

Do you still make the mangojuice goose? lol it rhymes

Nah i shelved it since too many buiders after that were offering "trainwreck"types.
Even now suddenly everyone is offering a Bogner type.....haish:???:

haha...eh remake your mangojuice leh...

haha....ppl on TGP are suddenly claiming their openhaus can get them bogner tones too......lol

Oh it is not rocket science lah jms bro, i just rest it on the edge of the pedal board since it is elevated. As for the katana, i just like it for its simplicity and pure tone lah, actually its my first boutique pedal that i bought, even though i paid ridiculous high price for it, it is still something i wouldn't let go. Just a disclaimer, if u think the katana is just a booster then u r mistaken cause in actual fact it works more like a preamp due to its class A cascaded dual FET design, it does change the tone of ur sound if u turn it up and fattens and tightens up even in the clean mode, gives u a real nice OD if u dig it, and in the mid boost mode, it can send any drive pedal in front of it into "FAT" mode lol, like a huge kick in the butt! But if u just use it as a clean boost for solos, it will work great too, cause this baby has a high headroom due to its internal "charge pump" that converts the standard 9V to 18V for high clarity and headroom. Hope this help bro! Btw hows the 7heaven stacked with the sahasrara bro?

Dudelove that is a gd question, i have no idea cause i havent kept my board since last nite, and it didn't cross my mind gosh!

Goose, man the 7heaven is so stackable and tweakable! Really great stuff u made for me bro, thanx loads!

Last edited:
You are welcome MrBukka ...it's on purpose i designed it not to have too much gain/saturation as most folks would want to push it just like how it's done on an amp.

Latest posts

Back