Pedalboard Pictures!

yup...that's the redwitch chorus....:D

dun need the fuzzgod, my mayo and sweet gives me all the fuzz i can take in the world right now.

And gates, compressor not in yet, waiting for the analogman bi-comp....

glblue: Wahaha i am loving the tr2 actually love the warmness of it and the tweakability especially the volume boost a really loud tremolo imo lol, thanx again bro!

kerplunk: Well it is a used piece (only one) but in very good condition (mint imo) that i got at blackwood keke. I can really get whacked out sounds and oscillation from it lol, it is cool that i can stereo it as well if i choose too. Delay/echo itself is nice and warm as well, all in all it was money well spent!

minus the emily/medusa chorus which predate the chrome box chrous, it wud be pretty bright to have a all redwitch board..

330.jpg

anyway, redwitch trem was voted in one of recent geetar player poll and they are having some promo "real good sale" price on their pentavocal trem. Check with respective dealer for the price...

Pentavocal-Tremolo-Guitar-Player-Sh.jpg

I am new in guitar efx and bought a few recently.

I did some experiment and found out that without efx and direct to amp... it sounded very much better !!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!Help!!!!!! How is it possible to connect so many pedals together and yet sound good? Any tips guys? thanks.

heh, iam afraid you will be more confused then ever if really half of the geetarer start to come in with their ideas of sounding good with many pedals.

Anyway, it aint a question with a straight answer, without knowing

1) Whats your setup
2) Whats the "bad" thing which you hear when using those pedals
3) Whas your definition of sounding better, when without the effect
4) What is the kind of music you usually play with your geetar

In general I just find that the tone is sweeter, fuller and real without the EFX regardless of what type of pedal and music. When connecting few pedal together, the sound start to get distorted, and the guitar sound become blur. Yes, by making some adjustment on the pedal will help to make it sound better, but most of the adjustment parameters is not usable (tonality wise is awful, especially when 2 or more effects running together). When using an amp and amp build in efx, any combination of adjustment will result a different color of tonality and not running in awful tone generated by multiple EFX.

I do understand that there is equipment and effects capability issue, but just wondering why goes such a long way when one can buy different amp to get different sound and EFX. May be there is any tips that I am not aware off? Or may be I am guitar tone deaf that everyone heard all the good tone but not me.

its like driving, some people can buy a car, be happy with it, drive from point A to point B and back. While some just want to mod the hell outta the car and still drive from point A to point B. And some other more, just want to do stunts with their car, while driving from point A to point B plus detout a bit via point C.

same goes to sound, some like it pure while some like it weird. Its of personal preference and hard to pinpoint why some like this and some like that. I know my preference and iam willing to sacrifice some area inorder to get the sound i want. It aint right or wrong, but just what we want.

heh, and that we havent go into what make a pedal suck tone while some absolute brighten and add sparkles to our sound...

effect = $200++ + can throw under the bed

amp = $1000+++ + need another room altogether

but bro bro ndt bro.... pardon me but are you baiting the pedal addicts to come and tell you it isn't so? I just have a feeling you are but but pardon me if you're not. ;)

maybe you can list out your gear? ;)

I love the pure sounds of the electric as well especially a Baritone electric into 2 amp. BRANGGGGGGG.... but at the same time I like processed sounds too.

Also... i think you have problems with the pedals "colouring" your tone. Then you need to try those pedals with marketing tags like "TRANSPARENT" built into it. Retain your guitar tone while adding new sounds.

The equation that I am having problem with :confused::confused::confused: :-

Guitar amp + different guitar amp setting
=> Different guitar tone with effects (100% of tonality in usable range)

Guitar amp + pedal 1 + pedal 2 + pedal X
=> 60% unusable tonality or distortion + 40% of tonality in usable range

The unusable tonality range increase proportionally with the number of pedal added.

As I am very new to EFX, is it only me having this problem? Or is it a fact of life?

http://www.guitariste.com/forums/pe...o,le-materiel-des-guitaristes-pros,76579.html

the above is one of the most amazing thread ever in any effect forum dealing with real musicians pedalboard/gear on tour or studio. Take a look if you are interested.

you are not alone in the way of the equation thou. But will have to define more clearly into the various useable tonality and unuseable tone.

What make a tone useable and unusable that is.

To some, a useable tone is as bland as white rice while unusable is as rich as sambal belacan..

Thanks Bro… :D

Unusable tone to me means that no one will want it on their recording. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sad to know that spend so much $ at end buying some ugly tone, and the more $ spend and the more ugly it gets. Is there any winning formula around?

heh, i got no correct answer as well.

just imho, if you find that the processor really affect your sound, then dont use it.

Thats will be your preference, with no processor that is.

we have a choice and we make sure the choice we chose, work for us...if it doesnt, then perhaps we can waste more money, more time, to confirm what we like and what we dont like, what we can sacrify to arrive at a conclusion, of what work for us, what doesnt.

It will be an going process if really wanna keep up to date on the gear available which assist us to make music.

If not, just stick to what you like and concentrate on making music you like, away from all these gear talk/pics whatever. Stick to what you know and like while main focus on the music.

imho

Back