Pedalboard Pictures!

Girls are pretty.

Girls with makeup are prettier sometimes.

Girls with too much makeup look like clowns.

Girls with super lot of makeup probably are clowns. Which is actually a good thing, if they work in a circus. See it's all about application.

By the same reasoning, it's all about how you mix and match your effects, how you apply them, and how much to use.

Here is the list of EFX and order.....

Ibanez RG
Cry Baby
MXR - Super comp
Keeley - Fuzz
Love Pedal - Eternity
Seymour duncan - Mayhem
Red Witch - Empress chorus
Marshall

if having the right context, your list of gear is actually pretty usable as long as it fit in to what you wanna to do...

heh, anyway, just curious, how do you utilised the 3 gain pedal in the setup, the keeley fuzz, E and mayhem usually, the setting and vol level of playing, in bedroom or jam room with band? Oh, and what make you decided to get those gear in the first place?

I only use Fuzz or Mayhem or Eternity at only one at a time. I decided to get them because they sound good when I tested them.

But once link up in the chain…….. Whole rig sound better without effects.

heh, apparently, i think you know where to look for stuff and ended up buying those...

perhaps its a sign of what we read on the net, might not be all good, even though others may think otherwise.

have fun most important
icon10.gif

Looks like a good list of pedals, good interconnects and I presume the Marshall amp is of decent quality cos you mentioned that you prefer plugging in direct.

IMHO, its either the settings or you just don't like how the pedals interact with each other as you've mentioned that when you turn a few on and you don't like what you hear.

Maybe you'll have to try more pedals or just go the direct to amp route.

yeah man. your pedals seem pretty good. i wouldnt mind having some of them if i had the money.

haha maybe your amp doesnt take pedals well or something

im not too good with technical information but its pretty hard to replicate tube distortion with solid state pedals isnt it?

Last edited:
1. patch cables..
2. guitar cables..
3. pedal power supply..
4. amp?

whatever the case, even if you have all the top end cables and stuff to make sure your signal isnt lost, it will slowly degrade so long as it is run through a long chain like yours. (i heard the rc booster works best in such situations.. it solves the signal loss problem for many ppl.) perhaps some ppl with their huge hyper mega boards could post their views here?

usually in long chains, guys use a buffer to "beef" up their sound to get it back up to where its supposed to be. (cant rmb how to explain this)

But the longer your cable runs are, the more signal will be loss, the buffer sort of helps to eradicate that.

Some people use the Korg DT10 as a Main stage buffer (as the 1st pedal in the chain) for that. Or a MI Audio Boost and Buff. Or even the Axess buffer.

im not too good with technical information but its pretty hard to replicate tube distortion with solid state pedals isnt it?

aye, u cant replace amp distortion with solid state. two different sounds, but pedal overdrive is a pretty nice sound in itself. not the same as cranked amp overdrive but a nice sound with the right pedal/eq settings.

i own a barber silver ltd. its nice to boost the amp a bit and to intermingle it with amp overdrive, but on itself at low settings it really doesnt cut it.

i remember we had a heavy metal guy come in the guitar shop (i work in one) trying all matter of overdrive/distortion pedals. he wasnt satisfied, but he tried the 5150 in the corner at the last minute and now he's saving up for it :p

Last edited:
yo guys. seeing all your wonderful pedal boards and gassing for them many many many times. are there and good distortions/overdrive which gives a significant of drive and at the same time not making the geetar sound over tweedy?

cos sometimes the pedals i use the treble gets kinda thin and tweedy. wondering are there any pedals which can give the whole guitar a beefier sound with a nice drive/distortion?

Wahaha bro this question is really too broad to answer......there are too many out there to mention.....perhaps u can provide more specific details in terms of the OD/Distortion sound u looking for?

well. budget isn't a factor for now. i'm still in that "searching" process.

i don't exactly know what i'm looking for. maybe something like slash's guitar? the treble notes are fat when he solo.

something close to what i like would be a H&K tubeman. it sounds damn fat yet with a veryyy nice distortion and drive.

heh, you are too kind, but no, iam pretty bad at overdrive and distortion and also suggestions, if you noticed, i seldom suggest much thing, especially when its overdrive and distortion concern.

If you wanna weird, processed sound that mess up geetar sound to get un pure sound, that i might be able to suggest couple thingy
icon10.gif

here's my humble pedals..no big & boutique brands here, but they sound better than some big boys brands....and thats in my own opinion...bought during my overseas trips and they are custom handmade(except the 2 fab pedals) that have their own character....

Last edited:
Back