Pedalboard Pictures!

haha pathein i got a built in sequencer for my PSP slim! PSP rhythm 7. hahhaha.

homebrew rocksss! Theres another program to use psp as a controller for ableton live, that one also quite steady

When the iPhone SDK is properly released I'm going to work on a program that will run something like the Kaosillator man :D

mwahaha, that be really kewl! Put in extra flashing leds for the beng ah beng, aw ah aw moment!

Last edited:
Here's mine. :)

pedalboard.jpg

rig.jpg

Peterson Strobostomp 2
Antelope Morning Dew EQ
Goosonique Citrus
Tonefactor Analogue Filter
Foxrox Octron 2
Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator
RMC RMC2
Hartman LM308 Op Amp Distortion
Phoenix Custom Electronics Fuzz
Tonefactor Hellbilly
Toneczar Openhaus
Hermida Audio Zendrive
NOC3 Firefly
Paul Cochrane Tim
Hughes & Kettner Tubeman
NOC3 PureDrive
Goosonique Tremor
Durham Electronics SexDrive
Divided By 13 Joyride
TC Electronics Vintage Delay

*tsk tsk*

Bedroom wanker!!! :D

Nice harmonic procolator - I've been wanting to get one of those for some time, how does it sound thru an amp?

Wanna go cow tippin??!!:mrgreen:

Nice set up .... Amir !!:cool:

You just reminded me to get those SM57's

Btw ...whats that huge ass black box beside Octron?

Shredcow: I'll pretend you didn't just call me a wanker. :) This harmonic percolator is a "carbon copy" of the original Halifax HP1. Chuck Collins did a great job at building this replica. In my opinion sounds way better than the Barge Concepts BP-1.

I find it very "sweet" sounding. Not as bite-y as you'd expect. It has a very round "muff-y" type sound.

Just swing by my place and try. Easiest way to describe it. BTW, Dove will be ready for shipment this month. Are you on the list? He's making some changes to the design of the Openhaus.

Goose: 57 is the king of mics for guitars. They rock!! Unless you want to blow 2k USD on a Royer. Now that is the mother of mics for guitars.

The blackbox beside the octron is a Hughes and Kettner Tubeman which was recently revived. It's just an alternative to the Joyride in terms of rounding off the sound before hitting the amp. I don't really use it's overdrive tones. But I still prefer the Joyride. No opamps inside. Rocks.

Check out Okko FX : Guitar Effects Handbuilt In Germany. The Diablo. Another opamp-less pedal.

To be honest, I've got way too many stuff in series. I'm in the process of building something a little more signal efficient and but still give me access to all the tones for my work.

And yes I know.. I'll pick those up very soon. Sorry Goose.

Shredcow: I'll pretend you didn't just call me a wanker. :) This harmonic percolator is a "carbon copy" of the original Halifax HP1. Chuck Collins did a great job at building this replica. In my opinion sounds way better than the Barge Concepts BP-1.

I find it very "sweet" sounding. Not as bite-y as you'd expect. It has a very round "muff-y" type sound.

Just swing by my place and try. Easiest way to describe it. BTW, Dove will be ready for shipment this month. Are you on the list? He's making some changes to the design of the Openhaus.

Nay, I called u a "bedroom wanker" - must use the term in its completeness! ;)

I've been looking up that thing (the procolator) for so long and when barge concepts got theirs out, I was like WHOA. But after listening and listening and listening... it just sounded... weird (like what do i know? i only heard ONE clip of an original HP online) and different. Goose confirmed it - the BP-1 was a diff circuit from the original... rather, some parts were different.

Looks like I will have to drop by.

I'll pm you abt the openhaus and dove. I've had the opportunity to play the openhaus loud and with a band - it outright kills. Even a non-guitarist looked up and asked me what's that black box and why does it sound so good.

fibredrive: Thanks dude. The amps are from Valvetech. Totally rocks with very high headroom. At a price that won't kill you... Instantly... :) Definitely way cheaper than your Two Rocks.

Valvetech Amplifier Company

snuffleupagus: The openhaus totally rocks. Think linkin park or anything of that sort and you get the idea. Click on my thesonicavenger link. Listen to "The Open House" track. Done entirely with the openhaus.

Shredcow: As Chuck said, you do need the NPN and PNP transistors to recreate a Halifax. Barge concepts doesn't have it. To my knowledge.

hey!

where'd you get your sex drive from? ( THE PEDAL I MEAN)

and maybe a simple insight into its strengths and weaknesses? :D

Amir how do you find the /13 pedal?

I've been very curious about their pedals, would love to hear your take on them!

Niteblade: Most of my pedals are imported. You can get it from Durham himself.

Durham Electronics

But I've seen a few on TGP and Ebay going for about 140-160usd. It doesn't colour your sound. It does give a bit of that modern wrapper to it. It depends on what you have on your rig at the moment. I can't say it will help in your sound. But it is a transparent boost. And it tightens up very well. The only weakness I can think of is the fact that the compressor section isn't as tweakable. But I'm hoping that Alan Durham will make just a compressor soon.

snuffleupagus: Thanks dude...

SoulJah: I don't use it as a distortion. I use as another "wrapper". Makes everything pop out. Transistor based. No opamps. Makes your sound extremely wide and open. My setting is all knobs dead centre. You get a clean tone but more open. Worth the money. But like I said, it all depends on what you have on your rig now.

Me finds the open sound isn't agreeable with certain genres, but its in my genre. :D

I know Edo83 doesn't enjoy it as much...

Like I said. Every pedal has it's use. There's no "one pedal" which is a must have. You have to look at your entire setup in general and decide what fits best with everything and your genre of music. But first and foremost, tone starts from the fingers. We sometimes depend too much on tools to get our sound. I've seen guitarists who use ds 1 and it sounds good. Buying just 1 pedal isn't gonna make you sound instantly great.

My pedalboard took a while to setup. And countless pedals went on and off to find the current combination. There's still more coming. An probably some might go. But before anyone starts having first dibs on anything, I'm not selling any of them yet. If I do, you'll see them at the buy n sell section. So don't ask. :)

The openhaus sounds best with and open back cabinet, in my opnion. But the new version, with the 6db bass cut for S and C modes should fix that problem. And the openhaus requires an amp with high headroom to shine. Though it is generally believed that hi wattage, loud amps have high headroom, it's not always the case. It's all about the design. Just like point to point wiring and true bypass is not always a good thing. It all depends. And yes, the openhaus is very modern sounding. If you're trying to get a bluesy, more old skool sound, the openhaus probably won't get you there. I've got other pedals to do that job.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, I thought THE one pedal to have was a DS-1? ;)

You're absolutely right about the openhaus... the thing needs that high headroom from an amp with high headroom. Though, its very interesting to run it into a solid state Marshall MG30DFX and watch it shake the room while jaws drop.

I'm intrigued about your concept of "tone wrappers". Ever since you had that Sex Drive, you've been using that idea. I find it interesting because I seldom do that, in fact, I've rarely found the need/want to do that. Maybe its because I'm already using Fuzz and gain pedals that already possess that big, open sound - that's why I never thought of it.

Oh, and, like what you said, every pedal has it use? I have a 1980 (or earlier) Japanese copy of the MXR Distortion+. I actually found a use for it when recording - none of my other boutique drive pedals could do that ONE sound I needed. Geez. Looks like it will be sticking around for some time.

Hmmm... Seems like this might need a new thread...

"Tone wrappers", as I affectionately call it, works kinda like the same way as your front end section. Be it a Morning Dew EQ/buffer, a Retroman Beano, a Klon or a Goosonique Citrus. These will fatten/clean up your guitar tone before it hits the rest of your pedals. In a way, it gives a sort of character to your tone. So just like these pedals would "enhance" the tone from your pickups, a "tone wrapper" basically "enhances" your final output.

Typically, my setups comprises of 6 sections. Front end (your buffer, eq, comp, even a boost if you wanna clean load your pedals. Not to be mistaken for your overall boost) to pre effects (octaves, filters, wahs) to main drive (your fuzzes, dirts) to your sub drive (boosts, additional dirt) to "tone wrappers" (this, in my case is a Joyride. Certain boosts also does this job.) and finally your post effects (your delays, chorus, etc). This is used more in a pedalboard with clean high headroom situation.

Then there's the guitar-1 pedal-amp setup. The pedal, like a Klon, loads the input to drive your amp a little harder. Kinda like making your guitar louder and fatter. This is tricky, coz you need a really good amp. And in most cases a high tolerance for loud volumes.

In a studio environment, the recorded guitar is probably compressed and/or eq'ed in the mixdown. That's pretty much the concept of tone wrapper. It's sort of a tone cleaner.

There's a saying, it can always be better. But that doesn't mean it has to be. It's an option. If you're as ridiculous as me in terms of tone, then maybe.

There's a saying, it can always be better. But that doesn't mean it has to be. It's an option. If you're as ridiculous as me in terms of tone, then maybe.

Hahaha, I might not be as "ridiculous" as you when it comes to tone but when it comes to the music, to the playing - > 180 takes on 1 solo in 1 session?

I hear you on the "tone wrapper" concept, I understand it too. I just never found a need to use one... I stack drive pedals to achieve a certain sound, not so much for enhancements' sake. Even the Boosty is primarily used for a lead boost unless I just need that tweaking - then it morphs into a "tone wrapper".

Interesting stuff. We don't have things like this mentioned on SOFT as often as it should be.

Lemme know when you're free again, I'll take a day off or something.

Back