Pedalboard Pictures!

i love the quality of your recordings man....how and where did you get all of it done? do you have any particular preference for a certain studio?

There's still more coming.

Got your DRD bro? :)

The openhaus sounds best with and open back cabinet, in my opnion. But the new version, with the 6db bass cut for S and C modes should fix that problem. And the openhaus requires an amp with high headroom to shine. Though it is generally believed that hi wattage, loud amps have high headroom, it's not always the case. It's all about the design. Just like point to point wiring and true bypass is not always a good thing. It all depends. And yes, the openhaus is very modern sounding. If you're trying to get a bluesy, more old skool sound, the openhaus probably won't get you there. I've got other pedals to do that job.

Mine's coming soon, thanks to your poison...but it's one of the early serials, so I'll fiddle ard with it and decide if I need to send it back to Ed for further mods. Again, thanks for poisoning me bro! Happy sial...

Mine's coming soon, thanks to your poison...but it's one of the early serials, so I'll fiddle ard with it and decide if I need to send it back to Ed for further mods. Again, thanks for poisoning me bro! Happy sial...

You wouldn't regret it dude. Its a monster. A MONSTER!

One cool thing for me, it interprets the neck pickup very very very well. I just enjoy the way the openhaus makes my neck pup sound... and that's rare for a pedal to have great bridge and neck pup tones.

You wouldn't regret it dude. Its a monster. A MONSTER!

One cool thing for me, it interprets the neck pickup very very very well. I just enjoy the way the openhaus makes my neck pup sound... and that's rare for a pedal to have great bridge and neck pup tones.

dey bro, but u actually thought of selling it ya!! Glad you retracted that idea. :)

I liked using the openhaus on the neck pickup in the solo mode (gain cut) when I tried it at Amir's, v expressive OD-on-the-edge-of-fuzz tones. On the bridge, especially with a PRS...straight-on Linkin Park chugga. The bass thump is awesome. Basically the best modern sounding distortion pedal I've ever heard n tried, and complements my board pretty well cos the DRD covers the classic rock tones.

ized: As kennethc puts it... My home. :)

KennethC: Thanks for the advertisement. Placed an order for the it liao. You also poisoned me.

I don't think Ed will do a mod on old models. But can definitely ask. Although I'm sure you'll enjoy the pedal no less. chugga chugga. :) Let's just hope your neighbours won't complain. hahaha

ized: As kennethc puts it... My home. :)

KennethC: Thanks for the advertisement. Placed an order for the it liao. You also poisoned me.

I don't think Ed will do a mod on old models. But can definitely ask. Although I'm sure you'll enjoy the pedal no less. chugga chugga. :) Let's just hope your neighbours won't complain. hahaha

Ed told me he'll do mods on early models for free, I'll just have to pay for shipping there, he'll pay for shipping back here(what a guy!). Anyway he's advised that I try it out and see if there's anything I don't like. I currently have no neighbours, but once they move in...argh.

Good stuff on the new purchase bro...waiting for you to get the other one...The Fractal Audio Axe Fx(just in case u forgot that lil bit of poison as well)!!

amir, you board expanded so much since the last time i came..... Though im not much of a pedal user, yours sure look awesome!!!

Oh, and, like what you said, every pedal has it use? I have a 1980 (or earlier) Japanese copy of the MXR Distortion+. I actually found a use for it when recording - none of my other boutique drive pedals could do that ONE sound I needed. Geez. Looks like it will be sticking around for some time.

Geez...there goes the CORON Dist10 :???:

ok lah, since this thread is still active (and we all love pedalboard pics!), i'll post mine too.

surprisingly, i don't have a good photo of it, and have never actually bothered to take one even though i have been using this set-up for the past 3 years plus. here's a shot of it from a show at the arts house in 2007 though.

signal chain:

Various Guitars > Boss Tu-2 Tuner > Dunlop 535Q Wah > 4MS Dual LFO Tremolo > Tech21 SansAmp GT2 > Beat-up EHX Deluxe Memory Man (modified by Edwin - THANK YOU!) > Vintage Digitech PDS 2000 Digital Delay > Vintage Ibanez SF10 Swell Flanger > Vintage Ross Phaser (Orange US Version) > EHX Polyphonic Octave Generator > EHX Holier Grail.

enjoy!

DSC_0114.jpg

Last edited:
i see were all talking openhaus here, just got mine. its huge!!

Pedal-itis: Welcome to the club. Yours is the one with the mod right? Ed told me that someone who shares the same name as you is getting one soon. :) Any chance you'd be open to do an AB test?

KennethC: Dey, you heard it from me la. But the story was, when you asked me how much you should offer for a used openhaus, I immediately smsed shredcow and asked him if he was selling. But he wasn't. :)

Leecs: Thanks. I just changed to a bigger "pedalboard" and put all my effects on it. Sorry to hear about you saga with marxist. Aiyah, why you so nice??? :D

Back