Pedalboard Pictures!

Soldi, do you get an irritating 'pop' sound when you power your FAB chorus with a daisy chain? that pop sound's one of the main reasons for me taking the chorus off my PB, among other reasons: the weird shape. ahha :p

Eh bro wasabe.. Post pics of your board ah!
This thread needs some juicing uppppp! Hahaha ;)

Anyways the fab still sounds fab-ulous what.. No need to take it off the board..
If we go gigging also won't really affect much.. The audience will hardly even notice!

Honestly speaking I am not rich, but seriously folks, to the poster...what do you think you're gonna achieve by posting something like that?

I need to be of a certain ability to warrant the amount of money I spend?

My DIY Cheapo Pedalboard

Hey guys
After about 2 years of messing around with multieffects and individual pedals, finally decided that it was time to get my act together and assemble my pedalboard. At the moment its DIY as i just wanted to get a feel if everything would work well together (did i mention I am cheap too?:p).
gliew_pedalboard.jpg

Signal chain:
1. Boss Ns-2
2.(Loop)Dunlop Crybaby GCB95 (modded to true bypass)
3.(Loop)Zoom Ultra Fuzz
4.(Loop)Zoom Power Drive
5.(Loop)Zoom Hyper Lead
6.(Loop)Zoom Tri Metal
7.Digitech Multi Chorus
8.Digitech DigiDelay
9.George Dennis Volume Tremolo

Construction:
The whole thing is mounted on a shoe rack(!) that i got for about SGD6, had to use 2 racks which i nailed together, due to the weight of all the pedals. All pedals held down by zip ties, which seem to kinda work..

gliew_pedalboard_power.jpg

Power:
I am using 2 Sony 10V power supplies that i got from the hardware store for about SGD15 each to power the whole thing. One for the wah and distortion pedals, and the other one for everything else. Works great as the setup is absolutely silent (used to get hum when i was using just 1 to power everything).

Cabling:
Using some nice Ibanez cables mostly, although for lonegr runs i made my own cables using L-shape Neutrik connectors and some spare cables i had lying around.

Overall does everything that i want it to do, although its kinda ackward carrying this thing around. Oh, and if it rains I am screwed as i don't have a case, so i think its time to save up for a real pedalboard.

PS Anyone knows anyone selling Pedaltrain Pro's in Malaysia please PM me :D

Last edited:
i think spending good money on great pedals is one of the best feelings. doesnt matter how the hell an individual plays, were ALL still learning anyways. as long as looking down at ya feet and seein a board youre happy with, that counts.

souljah, awesome stuff. love ya board dude. n niteblade. super

Soldi, do you get an irritating 'pop' sound when you power your FAB chorus with a daisy chain? that pop sound's one of the main reasons for me taking the chorus off my PB, among other reasons: the weird shape. ahha :p

Hmmm, I'm using the fab with a daisy on a 1spot, no pops, works nicely. Only pop I get is the lpb-1, but that went away cause its always on now :mrgreen:

Honestly speaking I am not rich, but seriously folks, to the poster...what do you think you're gonna achieve by posting something like that?

I need to be of a certain ability to warrant the amount of money I spend?

No lah, I think the poster was really just asking a simple, non-loaded question... lets just take it that way... after all, its always nice to have a "reality check" here and now no? Whether or not one may need it.

nope . i plug it in before i turn it on

Nice boards folks!

The DD20 is a killer delay pedal, absolutely killer!

Doesn't change your tone, just pure no nonsense delay.

Gerald, killer setup you got there! How does the MRD stack up with the FTFD2?

Hey thanks dude! :D

They sound pretty mad stacked. Definite oomph factor and a lots of saturation.

I agree with you completely, the Mad Professor Bjorn does have an excellent ear for distortion and gain voicings!

I've got a Dyna Red Distortion on my board, amazing pedal, very much like the MRD but slightly tamer. Bought it on a gamble when Bjfe first really hit the scene about 2 years ago, best investment in a pedal ever! :D

I agree with you completely, the Mad Professor Bjorn does have an excellent ear for distortion and gain voicings!

I've got a Dyna Red Distortion on my board, amazing pedal, very much like the MRD but slightly tamer. Bought it on a gamble when Bjfe first really hit the scene about 2 years ago, best investment in a pedal ever! :D

+1 for the dyna red....nothing like it on the market

Back