Pedalboard Pictures!

With the LPB-1 yea it could be a real mess.

I left out that you have to turn down your amp volume to compensate too, you can get pseudo cranked amp tones at low volumes.

I actually did love the LPB-1 after all effects but before the delay, and liked that added added bite it gave to my cleans.

But with it also comes more mids, not exactly a clean clean boost... but you know what, I might just give that a go again, since I won't be using the chorus much anyways and come to think of it I did love that bity cleans.

Latest re-config:

cimg3044.jpg

Vern, I look at your board... and I'm thinking... you need some smalllllllller plugs. :D

Lava perhaps?

That said kind of music do you play?!

Vern, I look at your board... and I'm thinking... you need some smalllllllller plugs. :D

Lava perhaps?

That said kind of music do you play?!

Yeah - I thought about it and actually acquired a whole bunch of flathead jacks recently, but dunno if you saw that I also sold the lot on the forums here too. Just couldn't be bothered to go through the whole soldering business all over again having made all those cables myself with the Neutriks, and it wouldn't have saved enough space for another pedal anyway. Plus, I like a decent gap between 'em for aesthetic purposes. :)

I play hard rock and metal styles.

vern.. i think your patch cables looks ok! Seriously!

If not Monorail cables are better imho. Flexibility and tone conscious! Solid core, low impedance.

Thanks Gr37 - yeah - I'm not unhappy with them but I agree with Shred - plugs are a little large. Well, I'll look in to the Lava option anyway. :)

haha, no need to measure capacitance lah, bro

i was just joking. I mean, how can we look at cable to get a equatorial climate tone

oh, anyway, that reminds me, you into scalarizer? The thing that gotten people excited at petruci forum and the diy people scractching/arguing over it.

scalazizer

Crystal core - gives the guitar a flat and sparkly tonal response
Metal core - Crisp and punchy tone, with upper mids emphasis
Organicore - Warm response, with emphasis on the "warm" midrange frequencies.
Hydrocore - Cool, wet and wavy signal. Like having a mild chorus built inside your guitar
Firecore - Aggressive and edgy tone. Like having a permanent "crunch" sound inside your guitar

:p aiyah dude, I'm chilling... its the new year! Clean slate! Hehehe... eh, I got listen hor. A/B comparison.

Scalarizer? I'm not too keen on having these kind of tone tweaks on the guitar coz of a couple reasons....

1) I've not the opportunity to try them
2) Pedals can do the job and they are more versatile/powerful
3) How do these things affect the interaction between string and pickup, guitar & efx, guitar & amp?

this reminds me of my own line of cables.... damn i can't even remember their names! got XXXcore one... hahaha

here's my updated pedalboard! i got a pedaltrain jr to make myself feel good finally! when everything looks neat and pro is when you feel ur totally ready for gigs.

IMG_4929.jpg

instead of using sahasrara to boost the metal muff, i use the muff to boost the sahasrara. i hear more drive and a slight treble cut... the sahasrara cant boost my muff cause my muff's always on high gain..
the fab OD is a space waster, i just put it there for fun but am surprised i managed to get a different kind of tone when stacked with the sahasrara. very smooth tone, clapton like and not too much gain, but not good for chords la.. sounds bassy and horrible.

on my strat, i love the tone enough... even if its on my valbee:) the tube saturation is really enough!! (nownow, dont psycho me to try a huger and better tube amp, hahahahha)

Back