Pedalboard Pictures!

fgh

P7260479.jpg

i m letting go my Boss Digital Reverb, Boss Phaser, Boss Super Shifter

any good offers out there...???? will trade for anythin that will satisfy me.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

flathead plug usually perpendicular to cable. As you insert the plug to connect between pedals, guitar to pedal etc, signal will flow thru tip point of the plug, which is perpendicular to the cable. The flow will be disrupted by that wee bit and thus might suck a lil bit of tone.

As for straight plug, the tip on the plug is connected straight to the cable, thus signal able to flow in straight manner, reducing any perpendicular turn like the above, thus suck less tone.

seriously, the above shall never be taken for real :lol:. Tone sucking prolly arise from many other factors other than flathead plugs. From the material use for manufacturing the plug to cables to pedals and other.

imho. Once again, the first 2 paragraphs are just for fun, its not serious at all.

Grain, if you are letting go the Boss phaser and looking for another phaser, might I suggest getting say.. the BYOC Phaser. Its good stuff. Find the right techie who knows how to mod/zhng pedals and you have a great pedal from the get-go.

Granted, the BYOC might lack a wee bit of mojo (read: warmth/depth) as compared to some of the older MXR Phase 90s but well... get the right parts (usually old parts) and you are good to go.

redid my board again! replaced the BB preamp with a G2D Cream Tone (awesome blues OD!) and added an Ernie Ball Jr Volume pedal. this should be pretty much set for quite some time to come.. :oops:

board19july07.jpg

Pedals in order of signal path:
Vox 848 Clyde McCoy custom wah w/ true bypass & red Fasel inductor
Sweetsound Mojovibe
ZVex Vexer Fuzz Factory (set to a octavish fat fuzz)
Xotic RC Booster (gain boost for drive pedals)
G2D Cream Tone (killer blues OD with solo boost)
Fulltone OCD v3 (set to a punchy marshall classic rock sound)
MI Audio Tube Zone (set to a heavy Mesa-ish sound)
Peterson Strobostomp indispensable!

Hughes & Kettner Tubeman preamp (when not using an amp)

Boss GE7 Equalizer(volume boost for solos/buffer for vol pedal)
Ernie Ball Jr volume pedal (used for swells)
Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus(set to a Leslie-ish sound)
Empress Tremolo v2
Boss DD20 Giga Delay w/ProEl pedal for tap tempo

Canare GS4/GS6 cables, Pedaltrain Pro pedalboard.

this goes into my 1967 Blackface Fender Super Reverb at home.

when i play at church, a Hughes & Kettner Tubeman preamp is inserted between the Strobostomp and the RC booster in place of an amp, and the stereo outputs from the DD20 are sent to the PA system via 2 active DI boxes.

8)

doubt grain would let go of his boss phaser. i had a hard time finding my own boss ph1r and it is one heck of phaser. its hard to find another phaser with its warmth and subtlety...and with an adjustment of the resonance knob go to over the top massive 3D sounding whooshes. great pedal 8) just a tad noisy

Heres an update

Note that the JNH/Deucetone Rat are for sale.

Still in the process of wiring it up and designing it.

Adding a keeley compressor/lovepedal eternity/possibly ocd/possibly a katana in the future.

19072007208.jpg

19072007210.jpg

19072007211.jpg

joshuak: Shucks!!! I should have thought of using my MIJ GE-7 as a volume boost instead of selling it away!!!

Argh!!!

yeah, it actually works very well as a volume boost, when placed after the drives.

i place mine after my preamp as well so as not to overdrive the front end of the preamp and cause extra clipping (which i don't want).

also, to help my high gain solos cut through the mix better, i just boost the high mids a teeny bit.. :p

hartke bass attack colour the tone HEAPS, if that is what you want then go for it. Plenty of bass boost but there's something about the mids even my baritone guitar cannot really agree with.

you want a used one? I'm willing to let go of mine soon. PM if you're keen.

breeds-3.jpg

Camels are even-toed ungulates in the genus Camelus. The Dromedary or Arabian Camel has a single hump, and the Bactrian Camel has two humps. They are native to the dry and desert areas of western Asia and East Africa, and central and east Asia, respectively. The average life expectancy of a camel is 50 to 60 years. The term camel is also used more broadly to describe any of the six camel-like creatures in the family Camelidae: the two true camels, and the four South American camelids: Llama, Alpaca, Guanaco, and Vicuña.

The name camel comes to English via the Greek κάμηλος (kámēlos) from the Hebrew gamal or Arabic "Jamal".

Bactrian camels have two coats: the warm inner coat of down and a rough outer coat which is long and hairy. They shed their fibre in clumps consisting of both coats, which can be gathered and separated. They produce approximately 7 kg (15 lb) of fiber annually. The fibre structure is similar to cashmere wool. The down is usually 2 to 8 cm (1–3 inches) long. While camel down does not felt easily, it may be spun into a yarn for knitting.

A fully-grown adult camel stands 1.85m/6 feet at the shoulder and 2.15m/7 feet at the hump. The hump rises about 30 inches out of its body. Camels can run up to 40mph in short bursts, and sustain speeds of up to 25mph.

Humans first domesticated camels between 3,500–3,000 years ago. The Dromedary and the Bactrian Camel are both still used for milk (which is more nutritious than cow's milk[citation needed]), meat, and as beasts of burden—the Dromedary in western Asia, and the Bactrian Camel further to the north and east in central Asia.

Latest posts

Back