Pedalboard Pictures!

issit just me or do is timothy's board just seem wrong? TU-2 is the last in chain? notice that usually our first pedal in the chain is on the right.. due to the "input" jack being on the right.

ok i dunno if i got it right hahaa.

My setup is:

Amplifier ---> Boss TU-2 -> Boss DS-1 -> Rocktron Rampage -> Boss SD-1 -> Boss CE-5 -> Boss DD3 -> Dunlop GCB 95 ---> Guitar

did i get it right guys?

depends on how you look at it leh.

I mean... in traditional guitar diagram orientation... how could you get output from the amplifier!?! :lol:

hahaha i think it should be:

Guitar ---> Boss TU-2 -> Boss DS-1 -> Rocktron Rampage -> Boss SD-1 -> Boss CE-5 -> Boss DD3 -> Dunlop GCB 95 ---> Amplifier

or if you look at it literally, you board should be connected like this:

amp<--GCB95<--DD3<--CE5<--SD1<--Rampage<--DS-1<--TU2<--Guitar

I was telling ed you shout into the speaker, then the vibrations create a signal, goes through the pedals, drives the guitar pickups which vibrate the strings.

Then you have sound.

oh so all along i've been getting it wrong. haha what a joke man. ok thanks guys i will go and try it the other way and see how it sounds. haha!

yes i did have sound haha. is the current cable-ing ok or do i need to change it?

so my output from TU-2 is the tuner and the wah connects to the amp is it?

ARGGH this is so amusing it's frustrating.

ttimothyy: Your board works. You connected them correctly. Some people prefer to put the TU2 in right after the guitar.

Typically when people say 1st in chain, they mean right after the guitar. You just had the opposite way of describing things. Which confused some of the softies who read your words but didn't look at your picture.

Let me summarise:
Boss TU-2 -> Boss DS-1 -> Rocktron Rampage -> Boss SD-1 -> Boss CE-5 -> Boss DD3 -> Dunlop GCB 95
This is how people would normally describe what's in your picture:
GCB>DD3>CE5>SD1>Rampage>DS1>TU2

timothy, wah last in the chain?? how does it sound?
A case of reading the words and not looking at the picture.

timothy, wah last in the chain?? how does it sound?
A case of a repost.

pretty much alright actually. i am kinda new so just trying diff setup here n there haha yea! where do u guys normally place the wah?
And here we see the very amusing discussion that was bound to follow.

1st or 2nd in chain lor
Adding fuel to the already very funny fire.

AHEM

Apparently, one man's last is another man's first.
An attempt to clear things up.

I know in an episode of South Park, they tried eating with their asses and crap from the mouth. So it's possible!
An amusing metaphor

issit just me or do is timothy's board just seem wrong? TU-2 is the last in chain? notice that usually our first pedal in the chain is on the right.. due to the "input" jack being on the right.
Someone who understands, the misunderstanding, does not mention it, but is confused over an entirely different point, which is the placement of the TU2. This amusing leads to

A whole lot more laughs. :D

I repeat ttimothyy: Your board works

Try the TU2 before or after the wah though. You might find it tracks better then all the way at the end before the amplifier.

anymore fellas like you ...ttimothyy? .... we need more fellas like you !!

Have fun and make good music with your gear .. :wink:

My turn nothing too fancy..
Chain as follows:
1. Electric signal->PW tuner->Morley Tremonti Wah->Mesa Boogie V1 Bottle rocket->DOD IceBox Chorus->Danelectro Dan Echo
2. Piezo Signal-> Danelectro Fish n Chips Eq->Danelectro Fab Chorus

This will do for a while it will work best when paired w my rivera amp to get the best out of it. For jamming itll do might wanna get another dist and change the DOD to the Dano Cool cat but so far am happy.
PICT0001.jpg

Back