Pedalboard Pictures!

wah that price i can buy 3 carrefour trolley! hur hur hur...

next TAGS i'll get one from you. I'm still suffering from muscle strain since that day... grrrrr.....

there isnt quite a pedal to counter tone suck. then again its the pedals that are causing the suck themselves. some people true bypass their pedals, some use a mixture of buffered and true bypassed pedals to get their slightly coloured tonal nirvana.

Tone-what?

Of course there's a way to counter tonesuck. Just get one of these.
ABCD0018-1.jpg

I noticed loads of difference in my tone after adding this to my rig, placed it at the beginning of my board, nothing else added. Definately heard a lot of difference in my tone, even with active curcuits in my guitars.

But this is merely a variable in the entire equation, you'd obviously have to have good non-tone sucking pedals, good cables, good guitar, good technique and of course good ears.

Ignorance is bliss...and it saves you money too!

Got to note... a buffer isn't the end all to tone suck because it can change other things.

For one, a buffer is not transparent. So gotta see how you like it...

2nd, a buffer can screw up your drive pedals, especially if its a vintage fuzz unit. You will witness velcro tones and harsh stuff happening, the moment the buffer is on.

There's also cheaper alternatives to the AXESS buffer, e.g. Doobtone microbuffer, which I have one for use when running line in, into the computer.

the axess buffer is good especially if you have loads of pedals and cables running in your rig. only gripe is, it works best powered by a pp2. it cant run on daisychains, other power supplies etc apparently.

ok! goose, lets collaborate and make Buffer pedals!

I'll rip out the boss buffer circuit and use Hifi components and run it with a charge pumped 27VDC. You make the mojo enclosure.

Lets make lotsa money and not worry about making other pedals! :lol:

I like my doobtone micro buffer... small square box.. 2 jacks... ac tap... nothing else. Simple and it sounds better than the Boss / Ibanez buffer, more lively, less rounded off highs.

Pretty cool for a small thing,

Back