Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Its all abt talents... There are alot of talents who are naturally flaired in spain, but with England (Not just united) a gem is hard to come by, also i think they have restrictions about only able to scout for youths from a certain region or something...

In countries like spain brazil n argentina, there is a new pele n maradona almost every yr.

groom their players from youth and make them the best footballers in the world.
screw primadonna star players and their overpriced wages.

i wish they kept fraizer campell,luke chadwick,G.rossi to name a few

well,for messi.barcelona did sign him and groom him.fortunately for them, messi isn't all arrogance and repaid the faith barca had in him and did make noises to leave.well at least not yet i guess.

however, utd got a young 18 year old from lisbon who six years later became a arrogant star and start making all the noises to leave OT.

"i love to be jeered",rather arrogant but bold statement.

good player nonetheless.....just startin to get a tad sickening.

honestly. i don't think Ribery is worth 65million.. definitely agree with RyanZ that all the clubs are raising their prices just because its United or Real or etc..

i still stick to wanting Fergie to get potential replacements for Neville, Scholes and Ferdinand.

ferdinand still has a few years more, neville..i can see this being his last season or two, tgt with vds, giggs and scholes...

i'm sure that fergie will know how to spend wisely, sure 65 million is wayyy overboard for someone with about the same number of playing years left as ferdinand!

Whatever happened to reports about Fergie being interested in Bastian Schweinsteiger?? :rolleyes:

DUDELOVE - Yeah, of coz it would be a great feeling but we've gotta face the harsh reality of the situation.

I totally agree with Weiht. In most Hispanic countries, a Pele-like player is produced annually. That's remarkable!

Yeah Ronny "conveniently" forgot that when he stepped onto the Old Trafford turf, he was merely a promising player. He also "conveniently" forgot that it was Manchester United that made him the player he is today & not him that made Manchester United the team it is today.

Anyways, bye bye Ronny! Enjoy life at the Bernabeu where you're gonna be just another star amidst a galaxy of stars....

i wish they kept fraizer campell,luke chadwick,G.rossi to name a few

i was pretty annoyed when man utd Rossi to villarreal.All he needed was exposure, and hell i'm correct, he turns out to be outstanding and consistent player for both his club and country.same goes for Gerard Pique.

ronaldo is a prick...that's it.
why are the fans here still talking about him? he left a great club to be with a better club..if Real is getting "better".lol

move on my fellow United fans..Ronaldo is going to Madrid and having getting jiggy with it with Paris..two of the most beautiful cities in the world..well if you can call the latter a city becoz seems to me there is a sign saying "All Are Welcome"..

with $80 million in the coffers,the boss should go for the best player in the world..a player who is lotsa better than Ronaldo..

Stevie G.

Okay eff it.

Silva and Benzema.

No point keeping Tevez since he doesn't seem to want to stay. (Although I'd really hate to see him go)

Yessss get replacements for Neville and Scholes.

Apparently there are reports of Man Utd having already signed a potential replacement for Ferdinand. A Brazilian kid who goes by the name Dodo. 17 years old. Hasn't played a single game for his club though. Santos or something.

And coolhand. That "All are welcome" thing - Hilarious!

I seriously tink that ronaldo will not go far in REAL or anywhere.. if he contiunes to be so cocky and like acts like a kid on the pitch, very soon he be on the sub bench... and he will de prove instead of improve..

Yeah RyanZ, looks like we're going to go head to head with Real over David Villa. But he's an excellent striker & plus, Valencia need the money.
I think he'd be excellent at Man Utd.

I still do think Utd should buy Ribery. I also read reports that Utd are keen on Barca's Eto'o. He's good too but i'd much rather we sign Villa.

Well, Fergie has 100mil shopping money. And he'll know how to spend it wisely ;)

Hmm...Now apparently according to Bayern Munich's chairman, Ribery is not for sale.

~ taken off soccernet.com

" Rummenigge insisted the Bundesliga giants were determined to keep hold of Ribery and would not cash in on their prize asset despite all the high profile interest in the player.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and his advisor Pedro Jimenez asked if we were willing to speak with them over a transfer but we rejected the chance and we have no intention of selling Ribery," the former Germany international told Bild.

We are relaxed and proud that we have one of the best three players in the world under contract. The power lies with Bayern Munich.

There is always going to be the perception that Bayern Munich are trying to push the price up and that there is a certain value at which we'll have to accept, but I'll say it again: we want to keep Ribery.

A player has to respect his contract, in his case until 2011. He is on holiday now and then we want to have a successful season with Franck next year."

Sidetrack a bit..if ur a WWE fan, this might interest u:

Montel Vontavious Porter or most popularly known as MVP was wearing a Man U jersey when he came out for the 10 man battle royal on Raw this week..then I later learned he was a Man U fan!

Hey I know MVP!! I used to be so into wrestling like about 8yrs ago! But now, i hardly have the time to watch & keep myself updated. I occasionally manage to catch WWE Smackdown or Raw.

Cool! So MVP's a Man Utd fan! Thanks for sharing the info, Faizal! :p

Benzema and Ribery are totally off the market as both Lyon and Bayern do not want to sell them. It's pointless wasting time chasing after them. I say Fergie should just settle on Valencia, and try for Villa and Silva.

Villa has set his sights on playing for Loserpile only.Meaning chances of him in a United shirt are close to none.

Yeah, Villa has poor taste in choosing his future football clubs :???:

Yeps, Fergie should concentrate on bringing in Antonio Valencia & perhaps Eto'o? I hear we were keen on him.

Poor Owen. It seems few clubs have shown interest in him. He's waaaay too injury-prone. Kinda reminds me of our dear friend, Owen Hargreaves. We should be packing his bags & shipping him back to Bayern Munich.

Back