Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems like a very promising young talent, but then there have been others just like him who have turned out to be major flops lah at Utd so i'm skeptical.

I hear he's rather small in stature, only 5"8 and reports say he's scored many goals against fellow Mexicans in their local league. And i'm thinking well, yeah, probably it's easier for him to score agst them cos i think most of the Mexicans are not especially tall. But how will he score when monster sized players like Drogba, Ballack & Crouch (haha) come charging after this Javier dude??

Why would Drogba, Ballack & Crouch come charging at Javier? I don't see why would a striker charge towards another striker in a game, only heard of defenders charging at strikers.

This Javier guy was bought for 2.3m, cheap deal if you asked me. Nothing wrong with unknowns, Vidic and Evra were unknowns and they were transferred for a bigger fee. Nani, Anderson were all promising young talents and costs United in the region of 15-20m.

Have no idea why United fans recently just keep screaming for big name signings. When no big name is signed they say Ferguson lost it; he signs a big name and the player doesn't run like a Rooney, they say he's a flop. No idea what Man Utd fans wants nowadays.

true that...hell all young players linked with Man Utd or other big clubs have overused the phrase 'a very promising young talent'. Purchase the player, loan it out to feeder clubs, let them rot and never see them again.And Javier is going to be one of them soon.Fergie should never buy him in the first place.

Hmm...I duno man but he's already been purchased I believe so we'll prob just have to see what he's all about once he's at Utd which is in June i think. Wonder if Mame Biram would be loaned out.

After looking at how he plays he actually looks really good. For such a short player, he has a GREAT leap and a great header of the ball. Electrifying pace and comfortable shooting with both feet. To be honest he looks better than Welbeck, Diouf and even Macheda.

His statistics are very impressive, 4 goals in 4 international games, 21 goals in 28 games in the Mexican League. Thats the goal scoring rate of a prolific striker.

I just don't want to see the same old stupid cycle of buying a young player and throwing them in the reserves then loaning them out, then disappearing.

Then again I agree that Manutd fans shouldn't be agitated that we aren't buying world class players to the team. They may not always go right.

Hope he doesnt end up like forlan, who is a great striker before n after man utd, but he just cant suit the EPL.

I prefer players like larson who came in to fill the gap n hole that was missing. We need players that do the job we need, n not sign another potential world talent just for the sake of it.

Messi is a dif player at Barca n argentina cuz the team allows him to do his magic. So we need the players that can do the dirty job needed for our rooney n berba to show their magic. I think we have been pretty unfair to vidic n VDS n evra this season, but so far they have done the job well. Esp Vidic who was out injured n came back a little shaky, n ppl were saying he is not happy n wants to leave, but u can see he keeps trying n giving his all, but yet still get the blame. I think over the last few games, he has been really tremendous for being a warrior, n we need another gd player to push ferdinand cuz he getting too lazy n comfortable!!!! Its like Schumi coming back n pushing rosberg to perform at another level.

One thing we MUST replace is the ageing Scholes, Giggs and Neville. Especially Scholes. Our midfield has gone from arguably the best midfield in the world with Giggs, Beckham, Keane and Scholes, to a nightmare midfield.

Our 3 man central midfielders STILL got dispossessed by a numerically disadvantaged Van Bommel and Schweinsteiger.

eeeeeeeeeee.. come on la be more optimistic, furthermore, he's too expensive to be a benchwarmer, so he does deserve a chance.

I agree with u, Weiht. Forlan didn't really impress when he was a Utd player but when he went over to Villarreal, if i'm not mistaken he was top scorer for one of the seasons and won the golden boot award?

And yeah Ferdinand does seem to be getting a lil bit sloppy. And i agree with Dudelove that we really need to serioulsy start scouting for competent replacements for Giggsy, Scholesy & especially my friend, Gary.

The thing is who can replace scholes??? I only can see alonso and xavi as potential replacements to the way he is used at united. He sit deep n distributes the ball ever so well, n keeps the ball like none other. I noe ppl say he is slow n cant tackle, but he has been like that since day 1. The only thing is he cant play week in and out anymore, and the more we rely on him to dictate the play, the deeper the grave we are digging when he eventually retires. I think it would be a case of fergie changing the style of play rather than finding a player to replace him. Just like how we evolved when keane left.

I actually like barry as well. N we really need a goalie!!! I dun want to see the embarrassment we subjected ourselves under when peter left 10 yrs ago. Now that VDS is gg to retire soon, we need to have some succession plan.

Im not even gg to talk abt who will replace fergie lol

No one can replace Scholes.

What we need is someone to fill that void he leaves behind. We need a Xavi type midfielder. I want JAMES MILNER.

Let's just hope that Javier scores lots of goals for Man Utd.

Then again, if he's on terrific form for Man Utd, bloody clubs like Real Madrid will be knocking on the door asking for Javier's availability, just like C.Ronaldo's case and the whole cycle repeats itself again.Hopefully that wont happen again.Amen.

Ooh, Mourinho to replace Fergie, please!! ;)

I reckon he'd be an excellent successor to Fergie. He's truly 'the special one'.
Even when he's miles away coaching in Italy and long gone from the English league scene, we still hear lots of what he has to say. The press wait patiently for anything that he'll say to them. I mean, Mancini could give an interview for 30mins and reporters wld not be too bothered.

Once again, Man Utd has broken my heart. Sigh. Looks like now is the right time to prepare ourselves to take 2nd spot in the BPL. It's just so unnatural us not being champions.

And wth?! It's going to be Pompey v Chelsea in the finals? Haha! It's damn sorrowful that they're confirmed gonna be relegated. To think that they were already in administration and STILL they had 9 points deducted from them. Goodness me.

Once again, battle lost in midfield.

Against a physical and rough Blackburn, the 3 old veterans were picked. There were no penetration and plenty of sideways passing. Many times Berba and Kiko were preparing for a run but no balls went their way.

No real pressing nor intensity in the midfield. Caught on the ball way too many times, sprayed way too many passes straight to opposition. Our midfield has become from one that picks out dangerous passes to one that just holds possession to no good effect.

The midfield really needs some serious strengthening, or this season will repeat itself come August. :\

FGL D - Aiyo looks like you have to console me again cos our title hopes are pretty much smashed like mashed potato. :(

after some reflection, i think i know where the season was lost.

Its not the last 4 games that cost us the title n the deep shit we r in. Its since jan, where chelsea dropped pts the day before, and we failed to capitalise on it. If im not wrong, there were 2 times it happened, n if u take that into consideration, we wld still be top after losing to them n drawing yest. But watever it is, it shows that we are losing to chelsea not in quality but in depth.I mean, they can afford to leave drogba out for the last few games, plus i think malouda has a wonderful season for them so far. But for us, rooney injured only n we all so scared.

We paid the price for not extending our lead when we had the chance, and to put pressure boys over 3 do or die games is unfair for them (2 with bayern n 1 with chelsea). But to be fair, it could have gone anyone's way with the pts being so tight, n at the end of the day chelsea got pts when it mattered.

Yeah, have to agree with you, Weiht.

And Ryan, yeah miracles do happen but in our case, it just feels so so bad knowing that it's all out of our hands now and all we can really do is, sit back, bite our nails nervously and hope, wish & pray with all our might that Chelsea slip up at some point in their remaining 5 games. Let's see if Pool will do us any favors. HAH. As if, right.

FGL D - Haha! Very clever with ur words, ah! TSK! Aiya, you guys had better not beat us to 2nd place lah. If not, you can say bye bye to me already. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back