Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Dudelove: Yea, we should be able to win Birmingham but still. I'm not that confident knowing Thomasz is our keeper lah. Hmmm...

I feel much safer having to see Kuszczak standing in goal.He commands the area way better than Ben Foster.An area Foster has to strengthen in my opinion.

Papers: Defensive headache

Sir Alex in sweat as Evans is KO'D

Manchester United are facing a defensive crisis ahead of their Premier League opener against Birmingham on Sunday. Centre-back Jonny Evans quit the loveNorthern Ireland squad last night and flew to Manchester nursing an ankle injury and will be assessed by United’s doctor this morning. With Evans a major doubt, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has a big problem at the back as Nemanja Vidic is already out with a calf injury, along with Wes Brown who injured a thigh on the tour of the Far East in July. And right-back Gary Neville, who has often filled in at centre-back, is also struggling with a groin strain.
Bill Thornton, Daily Star

Meanwhile, The Sun follows up the Manchester Evening New's claim that Sir Alex is chasing Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer. The tabloid claims the boss is trying to wrap up a £5million deal for the stopper before Bayern Munich increase their bid for the 23-year-old.

Papers: Defensive headache

Sir Alex in sweat as Evans is KO'D

Manchester United are facing a defensive crisis ahead of their Premier League opener against Birmingham on Sunday. Centre-back Jonny Evans quit the loveNorthern Ireland squad last night and flew to Manchester nursing an ankle injury and will be assessed by United’s doctor this morning. With Evans a major doubt, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has a big problem at the back as Nemanja Vidic is already out with a calf injury, along with Wes Brown who injured a thigh on the tour of the Far East in July. And right-back Gary Neville, who has often filled in at centre-back, is also struggling with a groin strain.
Bill Thornton, Daily Star

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

fgl bro and his Arsenal kakis.This is for your viewing pleasure.

Best lah you, Bro!

Yea, Vaiyen, why are you posting about Arsenal here?? :cool:

Actually, we should stop posting or discussing other teams la.

As I said before,

THIS IS THE MANCHESTER UNITED THREAD AFTERALL.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE & OUGHT TO BE FILLED WITH ALL THINGS GREAT.

IN OTHER WORDS, ALL THINGS MAN UTD.

~ taken off soccernet.com

Manchester United are reportedly keeping tabs on Schalke stopper Manuel Neuer, with a view to wrapping up a £5m deal before Bayern Munich increase their bid.

Bayern have long been linked with Neuer who is one of the stand-out young goalkeepers in world football and was hugely impressive in the Under-21 European Championship earlier this summer, but Fergie is also keen to bring in the ''new Peter Schmeichel."

New Schalke boss Felix Magath has admitted that he is aware of mounting interest in the young shot-stopper, although would not talk about any potential transfer.

"I have heard Manchester United would be interested in signing Manuel Neuer," he told Die Welt.

"But for as long as I don't receive a concrete approach, I will not make any statement about this."

haha, i had a good laugh watching Man Utd VS Arsenal. The one where Nani showed off.

Awesome trickery. Left the Arses so pissed off in the end they just slided him. HAHA

Yea, this German keeper is apparently really good & it's a plus point that he's only 23 yrs old. A lot of potential.

Dime, you've watched this Neuer in action. Do you think he will fit in like a glove at Utd?

Yeah man. The scoreline of that epic match is etched in my memory.

Hey Ruixist! How's it hanging?

All set for the Man Utd match against Birmingham? I'm sooooooooo happy EPL is back. Phew! I was almost going pots!

:cool:

SORRY BRO - IT WAS VIEIRA WHO WANTED BACK IN & WENGER SAID "NO THANKS" - QUERY BEEN ANSWERED PREVIOUSLY:rolleyes:

AND U ARE POSTING THIS HERE COZ U KNOW DEEP DOWN INSIDE U DO ADMIRE THE GUNNERS RITE? :mrgreen:

your claims don't tally with the article leh...
yes, i'm a fan of Arsenal's style of play in previous seasons - we'll wait to see how they do this season. But i'm not getting too hopeful.

Back