Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

FGL D - Hmmm...Ok i shall let this one pass la then. Since you & I have such a gooooood relationship. :)

Kimmi: Yea we def need a more experience, more solid keeper. In my opinion, Van the man is the 2nd best keeper Utd has had since Peter Schumi.

fgl d - hmmm...ok i shall let this one pass la then. Since you & i have such a gooooood relationship. :)

kimmi: Yea we def need a more experience, more solid keeper. In my opinion, van the man is the 2nd best keeper utd has had since peter schumi.

huh - cmon dahlin ... Itsthe truth - man u were kings in the 1st half and shud have won by 2-3 goals then somehow chelski managed to comlpetely outplay them in the 2nd 45mins .. I was really quite shocked

FGL - Of course I know la. Cheatski deserved to win. No doubts about that. See! At least I'm a gracious loser! Unlike many pple I know.

We need an all out striker.Berba and Wazza tend to drop too deep as seen in the Community Shield.The only man left on top was PARK JI SUNG!

Nani was great but he's too direct with the tricks.He needs more bling with the skills to pass the defender.He didnt even have that edge to get pass Ivanovic or Bosingwa.But the goal was great nonetheless.

gun__1238590278_gibbs_throw.jpg

Kieran Gibbs... left-back talks up squad stability

Gibbs - We can learn from Man United

By Chris Harris

Kieran Gibbs believes Arsenal can follow Manchester United’s recipe for success in the years to come.

Sir Alex Ferguson ended the Old Trafford club’s 26-year wait for a League title in 1993 and has never looked back. Last season’s triumph was United’s third in a row and their 11th in 16 years.

Ferguson has also claimed two Champions League titles – in 1999 and 2008 – and Gibbs attributes their sustained success to the continuity in United’s squad.

The likes of David Beckham, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs emerged through the youth ranks at Old Trafford in the early 1990s and stayed loyal to the United cause. Gibbs insists that Arsenal’s crop of youngsters must do the same if they want to emulate the trophy haul of their Northern rivals.

“It’s so important to keep the same squad for a long period of time,” said Gibbs, speaking at a Q&A with supporters at Members’ Day last week.

“If you look at the Man United squad from years ago when they had Scholes, Giggs, Beckham and the Neville brothers, they all came through the ranks from a young age and I agree with doing that.

“If you do that you can build a team which can become successful and great.”

Gibbs was flanked by Theo Walcott at that Q&A and the England winger echoed his team-mate’s sentiments. Indeed, Walcott looks up to one Man United player in particular.

“I want to look back on my career and the number of trophies I have won,” he said.

“Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of that – he has won everything out there. I want to be remembered for that so I can show my kids and grandkids what I have won in my career.”

Yea, Arsenal is a club i can "tahan" la cos they're not pompous or self-indulgent & they don't have a boss that rants on & on about Sir Alex.

And I really respect Arsene Wenger and I feel he has achieved great things at Arsenal seeing as how he had so many limitations placed on him.

Ok, but enuff about Arsenal.

THIS IS THE MAN UTD THREAD AFTERALL.

Yea, Arsenal is a club i can "tahan" la cos they're not pompous or self-indulgent & they don't have a boss that rants on & on about Sir Alex.

And I really respect Arsene Wenger and I feel he has achieved great things at Arsenal seeing as how he had so many limitations placed on him.

tHATS MY GERL :mrgreen:

Oh please. Arsenal are hopeless at taking penalties too la, come on.

Don't kid yourself.

WELL WE SEEM TO GO THROUGH ON PENALTIES - THE LAST SHOOTOUT WE HAD WITH MANU IN THE FA CUP FINAL - WE WON ... VIEIRA'S LAST GOAL FOR AFC B4 MOVING ON :mrgreen:

In my opinion, where penalty shootouts are concerned, it boils down to 25% skill and 75% luck. But anyway.

Hmmm....Did I hear that Vieira snubbed ARSEnal to stay on at Milan? :rolleyes:

Ai ya, I shouldn't be discussing Arsenal here. I should go into the Arsenal thread to do that.

Hmm...From what I read, my french friend said that he would consider taking back Vieira. KK, perhaps I read wrongly. :mrgreen:

YEAH WENGER never TAKES BACK EX PLAYERS - EVEN PETIT ALSO BEFORE WANTED BACK & ANELKA TOO - but Wengeralways said no

Yeah, I feel that's a good thing though, to not take back players that had previously left of their own accord or due to termination by the club. So for that, I respect my french friend.

Okok, my bad. As i said, maybe I read wrong.

On a lighter note,

2 days more to the new BPL season!! YEAH!!

lets just give that penalty FA cup to them...ooooooooo

for a team that has been trophy less since 2006.its normal that their fans are making alot of noise since the cabinet that they call a "trophy cabinet" is empty is 2006.cause empty vessels make the most sound.

qq.png

so its united :7 ,tujuh,sept,sieben,sette,sete,siete

Arsenal :ZERO,cero,zilch,kosong,pugiym,nul....

"the invincibles" as a tag is overrated, if them arsenal won all 49 game then at least deserve the tag.well,at least no 50th game right?

invincible got nothing on "the Treble".

arsenal fans turned against their own players.even adebayor said so.haha.disgrace.

ps. win the champion league!.nottingham forest and aston villa won it already but i guess u guys are sick of hearing it since its been FOREVER.

See lah Dahlin - because of man u suporters like kimmi who like to rubitin .. is the reason why I hate man u so much ...

I'm sure the pool fans can identify with this as well

WOO! Up your points, Kimmi!!

Yeah lucky this is our Manchester United thread so we can say whatever the hell we wanna.

I liked that statement about empty vessels making the most noise!!

And that pic you posted was shiok lah!

Latest posts

Back