Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok - I console U twice as much as U need to consolemelah - name time & place ;)

console.gif

The way i see it, it's gonna go down to the wire. Arsenal stand a chance of winning the title if both Utd and Chelsea slip up. Utd stand to win the title if we win all remaining matches & Chelsea slip up. But of cos, we all know Chelsea are holding all the aces at the moment.

Well, if Utd do win all their last 5 games and Chelsea too win all their games, then they are surely deserving BPL champions cos it would mean they didn't buckle under pressure.

So, may the best club win. :p

i'd rather arsenal win then chelsea win.

a manu fan here, i concede that this season, we arent good enough, still anything but chelsea!

Hmm...I don't know man. I can't stand both Arse & Chelsea! Haha, but yes, i still believe that if Chelsea win all their matches, they thoroughly deserve to be champs. And to me, there wouldn't be any sore point about it.

haha, agreed, but from a neutral POV, i love how arsenal play, and that's how football should be played, and i wish man u would play with such fluidity sometimes, but for chelsea, its just brutal out muscling of their opponents, which.. i find... disgusting lol.

Haha...U find it disgusting? I shall not comment on anything good about Arse here cos before I know it a certain FGL will rant & rave about the wonders of Arse. Ahem.

It's all right. Let's see what Spurs and Pool can do ;)

Anything but Liverpool.

I'm just sore because we will have to wait 1 more season to have the bragging rights of 19 titles. And wait another 3 seasons to have the chance of making it 4 in a row.

Liverpool and Tottenham have to win their matches against Chelsea.

Liverpool has to beat Chelsea to prove that apart from having a very poor season, they still can compete against the top teams in the BPL. They would also want to give their fans at least something to cheer about by beating Chelsea. Beating Chelsea would somehow be a redeeming point in their finish to the season.

Tottenham has to make sure they win to secure that fourth spot. They can't afford to drop points, especially with Man City catching on to form.

Let's hope for the best!

Huh as a Liverpool fan i don't think beating Chelsea will be anything close to a consolation. Only the Europa League might be. That being said, Liverpool HAVE to win against Chelsea if they want 4th. The draw against Birmingham only puts more pressure on them to win that game. Man U suddenly look very very leadenfooted. Time to clear out the old heads like Scholes and Neville. Giggs still has a year left.

Yeah it's a good thing that both Pool & Spurs will be desperate to win their respective matches against Chelsea. The way i see it, the challenge & pressure is really now on Chelsea to win the title. The title is theirs to lose. I'm hoping that the desperation of Pool & Spurs will put some smiles on the faces of Man Utd fans.

This year it looks like the English league is really gonna go down to the very last game of the season.

Gotta say I'm relieved that Rooney will not be featuring in tonight's clash with Bayern. Phew. It's really not worth risking him picking up another more serious injury. We still need him to do some damage to teams like Blackburn & Man City.

At least O'Shea should be back. Hmmm...I think that's good news.

Useless ref Van Bommel should have been sent off way earlier.

Carrick is a piece of shit that has been losing possesion since the first leg.

He's probably the reason why we got raped in midfield last season against Barca

freaky pissed now.. 3 goals lead thrown away

1 - Ref got suckered n pressured in sending rafael off. U can contend that its yellow card, but i didnt like the way where he wasnt gg to give any card, but got pressured like a sch boy into giving it.

2 - Carrick, with 1 man down n bayern pressing every ball. This bugger still thinks he had the time to wanna pick his through pass, n eventually lost the ball that lead to the goal. Its an amatuer mistake right at the heart of midfield.

3 - Fergie for getting his gamble wrong. I noe its was a man down, but to defend out at 54 mins without a man attacking is really asking for it, n all bayern needed was 1 goal to seal it. U shld attack them where it hurts, instead of invite them to attack n hopefully see it out. Cuz without any striker, we only had set pieces left, which was hardly in 2nd half.

4 - Bayern's players all had better first touches n composure on the ball. Even in tight situations, they played simple n kept the ball.

But well played by nani n vidic n fletch n gibson. Also kudos to van der gaal for his tactics n patience in getting the goal he was looking for n making shrewd substitutions, n bayern for playing on even after leading instead of wasting time.

I just hope capello realises ferdinand is not as gd as wat ppl think he is. It was a gd goal by robben, but why was he even free?

I think thats the end of our campaign for league as well.

In short, all england enjoys seeing man utd fail n crash, but dont forget it can backfire agst ur world cup when ur captain is down in morale n top striker suddenly drops his form. Rooney is a v gd player thats on form at the moment, but he not magical like messi.

Last edited:
freaky pissed now.. 3 goals lead thrown away

1 - Ref got suckered n pressured in sending rafael off. U can contend that its yellow card, but i didnt like the way where he wasnt gg to give any card, but got pressured like a sch boy into giving it.

2 - Carrick, with 1 man down n bayern pressing every ball. This bugger still thinks he had the time to wanna pick his through pass, n eventually lost the ball that lead to the goal. Its an amatuer mistake right at the heart of midfield.

3 - Fergie for getting his gamble wrong. I noe its was a man down, but to defend out at 54 mins without a man attacking is really asking for it, n all bayern needed was 1 goal to seal it. U shld attack them where it hurts, instead of invite them to attack n hopefully see it out. Cuz without any striker, we only had set pieces left, which was hardly in 2nd half.

4 - Bayern's players all had better first touches n composure on the ball. Even in tight situations, they played simple n kept the ball.

But well played by nani n vidic n fletch n gibson. Also kudos to van der gaal for his tactics n patience in getting the goal he was looking for n making shrewd substitutions, n bayern for playing on even after leading instead of wasting time.

I just hope capello realises ferdinand is not as gd as wat ppl think he is. It was a gd goal by robben, but why was he even free?

I completely agree with every point you've mentioned.

Rafael actually defended well. But seriously who the hell would go in and make such retarded challenges when he knowingly know's he's on a yellow. Even if he successfully made the tackle its unnecessary. Inexperienced. Sigh.

I'm EXTREMELY annoyed with Carrick. I don't believe the amount of times he got dispossesed and I'm sick of seeing that already. He was guilty of it in the first leg and today he makes the same identical mistakes again. Not only was his passing poor he let people tackle him because he can't even make a decision fast enough.

Totally agree with the tactics after Rafael's sending off. The score is 3-1 with 40mins to play. How can a 10 man team defend against a very potent strike force for 40mins? He should have changed to a 4-4-1 system instead of a full defensive 4-5-0. A goal to make it 4-1 would kill the tie. Instead you go on the defensive for 40mins. Suicide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back