Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Nani can jolly well shut the heck up.

Would be interesting to see what Fergie does with the cash. I ain't gonna speculate.

All I'm gonna say is. DO NOT get Valencia. Please.

Zullio:Only if Tevez is not staying then get Aguero.

that's what i mean.. If Aguero does sign for Utd in the case that Tevez leaves, it'll somehow be the same situation. kinda bad move for Aguero as Rooney wants his old central role, and Berbatov as we know, is Fergie's favourite.. unless Fergie plays 4-3-3, we will be back at square 1..

but Utd have till end of the month to deal with Tevez.. but there doesn't seem to be any progress recently..

RyanZ: i'm okay with "relative" unknowns, but maybe since its ronaldo, we gotta get a "bigger" player or just stick with what we've got..

And blow 40 mil pounds? Overpriced much?

I don't know. Like I said, I'm not gonna speculate.

Just gonna wait and see what Fergie does.

Does anyone think that Real are going to be swiping up all available trophies next season?

They've gotten hold of Dvid Villa, I hear? :twisted:

BTW, I think Utd should buy Ribery. (Yes I know he's over-priced)

Timo : Yeah, I agree. Ronny is a brat & he deserves whatever's coming.

Nemanja Vidic commits to United

" The no-nonsense centre-back has been linked with a move away and, with Cristiano Ronaldo set to complete a move to Real Madrid this summer, the loss of the another influential player would have proved a real blow for Ferguson.

But Vidic told the News of the World: ''I am very happy here and next season we will start again. I have got no desire to go anywhere.

''People forget that when you join a new league you don't just have to adjust to the country, you also have to adjust to the style of football.

''I feel my game is well adjusted to England now and I want to play a part in a successful team next season. United can make it a record four titles in a row next year.''

- taken off Soccernet.com

This is good news!! :D

RyanZ: as much as a good striker he is, somehow i don't think any transfers between United and pool will ever happen again.

the last happened in 1964..

Lovehurts: Vidic committing is AMAZING news..

Looks like Man Utd will now square-off with Chelski for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery & reports say that a bid as high as 65mil could be possible.

That's sheer madness! 65mil for Ribery?? Do you guys here feel it's worth Man Utd's money?? :rolleyes:

I dun think Ribery is worth that much, not even Ronaldo. From what I see, whichever players Real and United are interested in, the players' clubs will try to raise the prices higher. Real are spending like there is no recession and United have 80 million pounds from Ronaldo's transfer.

i really wouldn't mind torres coming over, though the way i see it, it's pretty unlikely to happen.

and from what i read in this morning's straits times, tevez snubbed man utd contract, and might go over to man city, who is offering a higher salary.

and it also seems that real has the upper hand on ribery. zidane did some persuading to him.

things are really getting interesiting

Oh yes, the transfer market is really heating up!! :mrgreen:

Yeah, Zidane had to come & poke his bald head in & persuade Ribery to trot on over to Real. He's a very wanted man at the moment. Chelsea, Real & Utd all have their sights on him. However, I don't feel he's worth paying 65mil for.

Yeah, these big clubs, the minute they got word of Fergie's 100mil spending budget, they proceeded to jack up the prices of their targeted players.

There are a few players that are reportedly of interest to Fergie. Players include Ribery, Huntelaar, Antonio Valencia, Robben, Alexis Sanchez, David Silva, Samuel Eto'o & Yohann Pele (Le Mans Goalkeeper).

Ai ya, Tevez should just go to Man City then. Even if he stays at Man Utd, he will not be guaranteed first team football week in, week out. And Man Utd will definitely not be able to match the salary that Man City are offering. United don't need another dissatisfied player at the club. We're already released one. :cool:

honestly. i don't think Ribery is worth 65million.. definitely agree with RyanZ that all the clubs are raising their prices just because its United or Real or etc..

i still stick to wanting Fergie to get potential replacements for Neville, Scholes and Ferdinand.

I actually think that we should buy Michael Owen from Newcastle. They would do better if they offloaded him. They'd get the much-needed money too.

Anyway, yeah I'm a huge fan of Torres too but I could never imagine Liverpool ever signing him away to their #1 enemy, Man Utd. Never.

That would have been like Fergie selling Cantona to Liverpool. :???:

Anyway, yeah I'm a huge fan of Torres too but I could never imagine Liverpool ever signing him away to their #1 enemy, Man Utd. Never.

YES. thats why it feels so good. can u imagine. going out to town, wearing a man u jersey, with torres' name behind. it feels amazing man. how would liverpool fans feel.

why doesnt man utd be like barcelona?

groom their players from youth and make them the best footballers in the world.
screw primadonna star players and their overpriced wages.

Back