Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

this is insanely riduckulous!
now ManU has more money to buy more players...
n liverpool can only sit ard one corner looking at those transactions...sigh...

btw dudelove, from the 30+ goals...how many of them actually came from penalty kicks?15?18?25?
so u hav nothing to worry about, if u take away all those penalties (which u surely can hav other players to do that), he hasn't been tat much of a scorer last season.

that portugese peacock is gone now.good.
trust that Fergie would make Man Utd a better team,probably giving some more playing time to the younger players.

Perez is rebuilding a Galatico II team but seriously,you can have all the skills and talent in the team but without a genuine midfield workhorse the likes of a Keano or a Gattuso to win the ball for the team,it's hopeless

Look at Barca, there is always steel in midfield like Toure..hell, even Xavi and Iniesta do get down and dirty to win the ball.

Bought for 12 mill, sold at 80 mill, seems to me like shrewd business deal..profit of $68 mill with a couple of titles won with CR7..not bad ..not bad..

Well well well. So, Ronny is making his grand exit soon, aye? Well, i'd say 'Good Riddance' lah. I agree with Dudelove. He's a world-class player that's in a league of his own but his attitude was highly questionable. I wish him all the best at Real though.

Yeah, with 80mil we can buy at least 3 top players. I'd like to see Valencia, Benzema & Ribery donning the Man Utd jersey soon. :mrgreen:

Ronny was fantastic with us, but we were not a one-man squad. We will survive his departure.

FGL D - you are so gonna pay for this....in the near future :twisted::twisted:

Last edited:
hooo totally agree on the ribery part, he should really come over. someone shd tell him that he has to fight really hard for a place in real given their pool of talent

Joao Moutinho and Arjen Robben are rumored for a Man Utd transfer. Nani is on his way back to Sporting.

Joao Moutinho and Arjen Robben are rumored for a Man Utd transfer. Nani is on his way back to Sporting.

Oooh! I'd love to see Robben in a Utd jersey.

And yeah, as for Nani, it's about blardy time he packed his bags & left for another club.

ive a feeling real madrid may end up like leeds

Real will never go the leeds way. They are not own by an individual billionaire, Real are own by the supporters.

If they need $, they can sell a blade of grass for 5000 euros to each and everyone of their fans.

I think they have more season pass holders than what their stadium can fill!!!! :mrgreen:

We've got bigger players who left a bigger void to be filled but we've still managed it well. Man Utd is not made up by 1 person but plays team football, and in 1994 half the 1st team left!!!! But then came nicky butt scholes becks nevilles who surprised us all in the YOU CANT WIN WITH KIDS season.

There will always be others who will step up to fill the shoes.

THe thing ppl need to remember is that its Man Utd that made ronnie the player he is, n not ronnie that made Man Utd the club it is.

Im more concerned about who will replace scholes and VDS

Weiht - yeps, i'm more concerned too about how will succeed Scholes & Van der Sar. Ben Foster is good in my opinion but he's still going to take time to become a fantastic gk. So we'll still need to get an experienced gk. Plus, Giggsy is also not getting any younger.

hmm, lots of rationalization here.
CR will no doubt be missed. His goals in the CL were what got Man U into the final, IMO.

hmm, lots of rationalization here.
CR will no doubt be missed. His goals in the CL were what got Man U into the final, IMO.

No doubt that CR7 will be missed, just like Cantona and Beckham. But I trust Sir Alex to bring in the right replacement.

Back