Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

I can only see United becoming more stronger if the sale of Ronny goes through.Joao Moutinho coming to United looks like a very tasty transfer with Nani going the other direction.

Hopefully we can capture either Huntelaar or Benzema with the money we get from Madrid for Ronny.

my deepest condolences on your loss. for $80 million, a good buy would be Seba Veron,Kleberson,RVN,Karel Poborsky....Jordi Cryuff..hahahaha

man utd = real feeder club..

Haha i hope that showboat leaves..........i hate his attitude and antics. Real Madrid have indicated that if they sign Ronaldo, Ribery will be left alone. Then, Man U can snap him up BUT.............Bayern have put a 87mil price tag on him. Methinks might as well try for someone like Jesus Navas.........criminally underrated but extremely talented, instead of joining the more-cash-than-brains clubs: Chelski, Man City and Real Madrid.

Hey is Ribery really worth all that money? He is 27, he can't last more than 3 years playing the fast way he does now while doing it at the most competent level.

omggggg i can't believe it.
whatever happened to the assurance that he gave that he will stay a man utd fan!

Yeah that's a real bummer. I have to say Ronaldo has lost many fans' respect, including mine. All that talk less than a month ago about manu being his home and Ferguson like a father to him, all bull. The only thing he has that earns some respect is his skills. Other than that he's a prick with no integrity.

i fully agree with u. ronaldo's our only 30++ goal per season player who scores regularly. we have big big shoes to fill. even as a man u fan, i do not approve of many of his actions and his arrogance. but i have to admit he was the main reason behind our recent successes.

Am I the only one who thinks that Man Utd is relying too much on Ronaldo? Esp the newer/younger players, 'just pass to ronaldo he will do everything and not rely on others'?

I feel that when Ronaldo goes, the rest of the players might actually step up and fulfill up to their potential... Allows people like Tosic to be given more space to develop.

Or am I the only one who thinks this way?

Am I the only one who thinks that Man Utd is relying too much on Ronaldo? Esp the newer/younger players, 'just pass to ronaldo he will do everything and not rely on others'?

I feel that when Ronaldo goes, the rest of the players might actually step up and fulfill up to their potential... Allows people like Tosic to be given more space to develop.

Or am I the only one who thinks this way?

I felt the same too. Just like Arsenal when they sell Henry.

im not proud to have an arrogant prick like ronaldo in man utd...so i guess he's better off somewhere else.

we'll probably see more exciting team football rather than selfish football in the coming season!

YAY!! bye bye ronaldo. you'll be missed, but not much.

time for Rooney to shine!!

somehow or rather, i kinda think we would not need a replacement for ronaldo.. there is Tosic and the other Serb, but we kinda need someone to takeover Giggs. definitely an area to build upon is right-back and centre-back..

can't always depend on Rafael.. he's injury-prone. so is Rio in recent times. can try and get Steven Taylor from newcastle, he seems to be a very reliable defender..

bye ronny

you will be missed

and man u wont be the same force without you

time for arsenal
to shine!

Back