Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

I cant see Valencia or Figueroa being a constant feature for the devils week in week out.Both Huntelaar and Benzema have been long term targets since RvN left for Madrid.Like every other United fan i think we need someone like RvN upfront to get the goals.

I cant see Valencia or Figueroa being a constant feature for the devils week in week out.Both Huntelaar and Benzema have been long term targets since RvN left for Madrid.Like every other United fan i think we need someone like RvN upfront to get the goals.

funny thing about that is that Huntelaar actually replaced RvN at Real when he was injured and out for the season..

Wow....Real Madrid are at it again. Kaka is now theirs. At a whopping price! :cool:

I think whichever striker we buy ain't going to be too pleased to be rotated especially now with the world cup happening just next yr. They'll all want first team football & impress their national coaches.

And now Rooney wants his original position back too.

Unless we get another Ole Gunnar Solskjær, the "Baby-Faced Assassin"... who has no problem being rotated. To me, he is one of the best strikers in United shirt though he did'nt start the match often but still managed to score often.

I think Benzema would suit Man Utd perfectly. IMo his a great striker, would love to see him play for Man Utd, and Im a Liverpool fan lol

RYAN - yes! I totally agree with you about Solsksjaer. He was amazing when he was with us at man Utd. "Super Sub"!

ChickMagnet - yeps, i too would love to see Benzema at Utd & Valencia too.

Benzema would be a good addition but in reality what United need is to replace Giggs with reports that Park and Nani might be going out to make way for a new face.

A closer replacement for Scholes would be necessary too as I dont think Anderson is a Scholes-type of player.To make matters worse for Anderson,he hasnt scored yet for 2 seasons since his debut.

Benzema would be a good addition but in reality what United need is to replace Giggs with reports that Park and Nani might be going out to make way for a new face.

A closer replacement for Scholes would be necessary too as I dont think Anderson is a Scholes-type of player.To make matters worse for Anderson,he hasnt scored yet for 2 seasons since his debut.

hope park stays. he is good. nani didn't impressed last season,maybe he had little chance to appear or maybe when he did appear,didn't make an impact.well,hope fergie keep him,maybe with time, he could be important.

well,in anderson's case, you don;t need to score to be good. he is a good player,maybe not scholesy type but his good in his own way.

owen hargreaves anyone?!! haha...damn,he was indeed missed in midfield.hope fergie keeps him.injury prone unfortunately

Dude.

Anderson's a wonderful player. You realise though that Fergie plays him as a more defensive midfielder than an attacking one? He's playing way deeper than he was when he was at Porto. It was his performances at Porto that convinced Fergie to buy him, yet now he's played as a ball-winning midfielder.

Park should stay, and Nani should start packing.

I wouldn't want to see Valencia join United. Not worth the cash. One trick pony.

Benzema would definitely be a very sweet addition to United, but we need less strikers who play from deep.

Plus, I would really hate to see Tevez go. Ugh.

an all out and out striker.fox in the box.clinical finisher!!

RvN has been used as a reference.but then again, with a forward like that, he has to have be willing to be left out of assist cause ronaldo is in the team and IMO,his kinda selfish thus it would end up leading to an unhappy forward.

remember the bust up between RvN and ronaldo before his departure.

yea,i do hope tevez stay.ronaldo reaction during the man city game was embarrassing and fergie still sided him.fergie looks to have a soft spot for ronaldo.

Last edited:
Tevez should leave for the better of himself.

Park should stay & promote the wonders of drinking Korean Ginseng.

Nani should book his plane ticket back to Portugal.

Anderson should go back to Brazil and re-do the braids in his hair.

Hargreaves should realise that Fergie didn't pay Bayern Munich 17mil pounds for him to be absent for almost the whole season.

Van der Sar should start to contemplate hanging up his gloves soon.

Darren Fletcher should stay.

Berba should up his game & make a greater impact on the team.

Scholes & Rooney should be signed up for Anger Management 101.

Ronaldo ought to be wary of Messi. Very wary.

And Neville, well. It's about time Gary tossed his captain's arm band to Ferdinand or Giggs for good.

Tevez should leave for the better of himself.

Park should stay & promote the wonders of drinking Korean Ginseng.

Nani should book his plane ticket back to Portugal.

Anderson should go back to Brazil and re-do the braids in his hair.

Hargreaves should realise that Fergie didn't pay Bayern Munich 17mil pounds for him to be absent for almost the whole season.

Van der Sar should start to contemplate hanging up his gloves soon.

Darren Fletcher should stay.

Berba should up his game & make a greater impact on the team.

Scholes & Rooney should be signed up for Anger Managament 101.

Ronaldo ought to be wary of Messi. Very wary.

And Neville, well. It's about time Gary tossed his captain's arm band to Ferdinand or Giggs for good.

wow very nice, i agree with everything u've said! except i dont think scholes is hot temptered! and rooney is improved!

ronaldo, on the other hand, needs his momma on the pitch so he can cry to her when a foul doesnt go his way. rather than throwing a tantrum on the ground.

As a Man Utd fan, I hope Ronaldo leaves for Real Madrid. We can use the money from his transfer to re-build the squad.

RYANZ - yep i agree. That's one way of looking at it. if Ribery is worth 40mil, imagine what Ronny would be worth!

DUDELOVE - haha....yeah Scholes may not show that he's angry but he is inside & then he takes it out on players & gets to have an early shower.
Rooney definitely has improved but I think there's still room for improvement.

wow very nice, i agree with everything u've said! except i dont think scholes is hot temptered! and rooney is improved!

ronaldo, on the other hand, needs his momma on the pitch so he can cry to her when a foul doesnt go his way. rather than throwing a tantrum on the ground.

scholes has a pretty impressive yellow/red card record....lol

FGL D - No thanks. I've got plans to meet David Gill. :mrgreen:

RUIXIST - that's exactly why i said Scholes & Rooney should be signed up for Anger Management 101. :D

Back