Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

man city will get relegated next season. dont worry. tevez is not that stupid to go to man city.

first loved by fans, going to city is seriously suicidal. if he goes, do u think man u fans will boo him?

Haha, man City will get relegated next season?? well, i doubt so but i hope and pray & wish so!

Wow a whopping 80mil for Ronnie?? Yeah i read too that Man Utd are willing to pay 25mil for Tevez. Seeing as how he's already comfy at Man Utd, i'd like to think he'll stay at OT. But we'll see.

Black Bear - haha...i'm actually a fan of Berba. He's amazing. He's got a good height & build. I too believe that he will have a greater impact on Man Utd next season. I tend to forget that this is only his first season with us. :mrgreen: Feels like he's been ours forever!

i want hargreaves and berba to start a match together..hahaha. that would be gooooooood stuff.

and utd supporters wont boo tevez, they'll boo cos it's city. haha.

haha they might boo him. i think i vaguely recall that ronaldo got a little jeering at from fans after the world cup incident with rooney

Haha Man City actually have a very good team u'd have to admit i see a lot of quality in almost every position. I would have preferred Sven-Goran Eriksson to stay, he did a lot of good stuff with the little money he had, Elano, Martin Petrov among his good buys. I think money tends to blind ppl to the true value of hidden gems. I rmb Man City did well with lesser known players, waaaaaaay better than they have this season with a certain Robinho.

Im just a little concerned over the ageing of Rio Ferdinand.He is into his 30s and having back problems.Plus a new right back is a must unless Wes Brown can be fit before August.

A new goalie will be good since there's reports that Thomas Kuszczak wants to leave for regular football.

Ben Foster FTW! Haha i still rmb when Paul Robinson scored a 80 yard free kick against him. Edwin shld be going off this summer, he won't be getting any younger. And might Vidic be leaving? Barca and Real Madrid are out in force. Rumours of a 25mill offer might persuade Fergie to part with him. With Ferdinand now getting on in age, who's gonna provide the defensive wall? Jonny Evans is definitely ready, but relying on John O'Shea won't be a long term option. Right back? Rafael's the man for u.

yes i can see rafael maturing very well as an RB..don't think vidic is leaving anytime soon lah, he's had a wonderful season, fergie would be crazy to offload him.

that said, since im a twin myself, i always wonder how fabio feels to be the less prolific twin..

Ben Foster FTW! Haha i still rmb when Paul Robinson scored a 80 yard free kick against him. Edwin shld be going off this summer, he won't be getting any younger. And might Vidic be leaving? Barca and Real Madrid are out in force. Rumours of a 25mill offer might persuade Fergie to part with him. With Ferdinand now getting on in age, who's gonna provide the defensive wall? Jonny Evans is definitely ready, but relying on John O'Shea won't be a long term option. Right back? Rafael's the man for u.

yeh! Ben Foster!!

plus i really hope that Vidic doesn't leave. he has been a rock alongside Ferdinand.

everything else i pretty much agree..

Zullio - yeah i hope Vidic stays & i have a strong hunch he will. He's been too influential for us this season. I doubt Fergie will let him go. :D

RYANZ - yeah there have been reports of Man Utd wanting Karim Benzema & it looks likely that if Tevez leaves OT (which he's most likely going to do), Benzema would be a wise signing.

If Benzema comes, he will be another problem as he is the type that wants to play first 11. Furthermore, he will want to impress to get selected in the first 11 for France in the World Cup next year.

Yeah you're right, RYANZ. But it won't be too good if United have to see Tevez go & then not have a replacement for him. Rooney & Berba are great but they need ample rest too. Plus, i find that Berba still hasn't settled in yet.

I somehow have a feeling that Tevez will stay :) Right now, I am eagerly waiting for the new jersey to be unveiled. I heard that the jersey will be unveiled in the Asian Tour next month. :p

if benzema comes the same thing is gonna happen again. either benzema, rooney, or berbatov wont be happy if there's constant rotation. these guys are players who expect to be instant first team choices, playing every week.

i rather we not bring in any strikers at all and develop our youth. we have great promise in welbeck and macheda. get someone we need, like fullbacks. we cant keep relying on o'shea.

and oh yeah. ben foster for the win. seriously, its time to push him to the first team already.

RYANZ - Oh cool! Denn i'll get to see the jersey next month in KL.
How come u feel Tevez will stay? Man City are offering more for him, right?

DUDELOVE - Yeah, you're right. Plus, it doesn't help that all 3 (berba, Rooney & benzema) are worthy of a first 11 position. And Utd will definitely use a rotation system again. Feel sorry for Rooney coz he's voiced out that he wants to play in his original position.

According to www.manutd.com, potential signings include Benzema, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Valencia & Figueroa.

Back