Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

gun__1244530884_ggg47.jpg

GGG47: Alan Sunderland v Man United, 1979

http://tv.arsenal.com/

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=cmp&cid=38&AFF_ID=1264

It's time to reveal the Gunners' Greatest 50 Goals - as voted for by Arsenal's fans.
Alan Sunderland's dramatic late winner in the 'Five Minute Final' at Wembley in 1979 is not the most attractive goal in the Club's history - but few are more iconic.
The timing of the goal, the magnitude of the occasion and, of course, the delirious celebrations on the pitch, on the touchline and on the terraces all contributed to a spine-tingling Arsenal moment which still resonates more than 30 years later.
For those who don't know the background, Arsenal were cruising in the FA Cup Final thanks to first-half goals from Brian Talbot and Frank Stapleton, both set up by the mercurial Liam Brady. Manchester United looked down and out but hit back through late strikes from Gordon McQueen and Sammy McIlroy.
Arsenal were stunned but there would be one more twist in this tale.
Brady picked up possession from the kick off and, determined to keep the ball away from danger, surged into the United half before pushing the ball out left to Graham Rix. The placement of Brady's pass forced Rix to attack the ball and swing in a first-time cross. It was a beauty and Sunderland raced in at the far post to slide in the winner.

ZULLIO - Ai ya, trust me la. It ain't gonna be as great as a Rooney or Tevez or Cantona or Charlton or Beckham or Solsksjaer goal.

80m pounds for Ronaldo. Nvm, Man U can buy at least 3 more world class players with that kinda money. I can see Man U getting stronger in all departments.

But you gotta say, Ronaldo will be sorely missed. Ever since he first touched a ball in a Manchester United shirt, he made a huge impact and had always been a big big part of manu's game. People may hate his pettiness and arrogance, but there is no doubting the massive ability he has.

But you gotta say, Ronaldo will be sorely missed. Ever since he first touched a ball in a Manchester United shirt, he made a huge impact and had always been a big big part of manu's game. People may hate his pettiness and arrogance, but there is no doubting the massive ability he has.

i fully agree with u. ronaldo's our only 30++ goal per season player who scores regularly. we have big big shoes to fill. even as a man u fan, i do not approve of many of his actions and his arrogance. but i have to admit he was the main reason behind our recent successes.

then again, lets all just hope ronaldo is one of those early bloomers, and that he is in a decline now, his peak being last season when we won the champions league.

u know what will be a blow to man u's balls? real sign our potential replacement, ribery.

and all we have left is a poor mans ronaldo, nani.

cr7 will be missed no doubt,
but man u can still move on just like how they did when eric & beckham left but it will take a year or so

Back