Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

We also need a playmaker, or at least someone who can win possession in midfield like what Roy Keane used to do. Nicky Butt would have been great but noooo.....someone had to sell him off.

I'd like to see us sign Karim Benzema & Antonio Valencia.

Fergie had better get a move on things if he wants to buy new players before heading off for their Asia Tour.

wah..benzema would be the best buy of this transfer window for utd.if it happens

well,fergie decides at the end of the day.

Yup, agreed. Benzema would be a fantastic buy for us.

I felt that we should have considered bidding in for Owen. I mean, he's 29 & still has some good yrs left + he'd be free. I guess him being injury-prone is a worrying factor for Fergie. Yeah, come to think of it, we don't need Hargreaves #2 at the club. Looks like Hull City will get Owen then.

FGL D - Ai ya. If Fergie can sneak Berba into his limo & whisk him away secretly & then coerce him to sign for Utd despite the fact that Spurs had also accepted a bid from Man City for Berba, i won't undermine the lengths my Fergie boy will go to to get the players that his heart & wallet desires. :cool:

340x.jpg

Papers: Deal for Doug?

United to sign 'new Cristiano'
Manchester United have opened talks with Grêmio about signing Douglas Costa, their highly rated Brazil Under-20 attacking midfield player, as Sir Alex Ferguson steps up his search for the new Cristiano Ronaldo. Douglas, 18, has been closely monitored by United for more than a year, but despite interest from a host of leading European clubs including Real Madrid and Inter Milan, Ferguson is confident of signing the player this summer as the Barclays Premier League champions continue to look to Brazil for potential stars of the future. John Calvert-Toulmin, United’s principal scout in Brazil, recommended that Ferguson sign Douglas last summer, but the manager has opted to wait until now to make his move. Douglas is rumoured to have a £21 million release clause in his contract with Grêmio, which has four years left to run, but United hope to secure him for less than that.
James Ducker, The Times

According to the Daily Mirror, another Brazilian is being tracked by the champions. 24-year-old striker Nilmar, who plays for Internacional, is reportedly the subject of a £20million bid.

Meanwhile, The Sun features quotes from the soon-to-depart Cristiano Ronaldo who insists Sir Alex Ferguson understands his reasons for joining Real Madrid. And according to the Daily Express, Ben Foster has signed a new four-year deal with the Reds.

In other news, some of United's game next season will be screened live on ESPN after the US broadcaster ESPN picked up both packages which were put up for auction by the Premier League after they were taken away from Setanta.
Round up by Gemma Thompson

Dear all Man Utd fans,

The BPL Trophy will be in Singapore from 29th and 30th June at the Manchester United cafe for photograph taking. :p

RYANZ - WOOOO HOOOOOO! This is fantabulous news!!

Thanks for sharing the info, my fellow Man Utd fan! :cool:

Ooh also, just wanna know what you Man Utd fans here think of Sergio Aguero? Apparently Fergie is after him.

Back