lets be frank about bands ey?

now the issue is,nt abt not being able to take comments,but its abt juz plain dissing.lets say..i juz dun like the band nitro cos of michael angelo batio's shredding on his quad guit or double guit.tts one sided.tts becos i juz dun like wad he plays.but the fact is some ppl in fact a lot of ppl i noe find him awesome.therefore,wadeva the point is,my point is clear.only constructive comments shud be posted.not juz wads at their face value.or rather.that as that.

Construtive criticisims and UN-constructive criticisims have a BIG difference.

Giving criticisims like " This band sucks, i think the singing horrible, i think the guitar very noisy loud distor etc etc" IMHO DO NOT help the band at all.

Wheras, Construtive criticisims IMO, is I think the pitch of your vocal may be too high, u should try to tone down 2 pitch or perhaps your guitar tuning may not be tune properly, try doing bla bla, and the sound will be better.

And, being involved in the local M.scene for quite some time, i do realise that most , (not all) usually gives UN-construtive remarks.

bleh
dissing and being dissed is common. Nobody can ever please everyone. Any kind of music will have its supporters and naysayers.

Now, if a band has only supporters and that the carebears hold back their real honest opinions, then something is probably wrong.

in other words, carebears suck. You can see carebears loitering around in the open mic section. They compliment and pad each other's backs because they are afraid people would criticise their recordings.

Honestly why be so bothered if comments are constructive or inconstructive? Music has always been subjective. Same goes for films. If i dont like film A, then film A sucks to me. Do I need to spend time talking about how it should be improved? Or do I need to be a director before I can comment? BS.

self indulgence can be good. Quoting steve albini (something like) "all great art is created with a disregard for the audience"

We don't need to change or let tiny ripples bother any of us. Just do your own thing. The naysayers are free to diss anything they want. It is good, because it shows that they are passionate enough to feel such strong opinions whether good or bad. Those carebears who try to play safe all the time acting neutral and all, just aint passionate enough.

Once again, carebears suck. we have lotsa these http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3375&p=3

sorry for the lengthy post haha

Lombardo said:
Construtive criticisims and UN-constructive criticisims have a BIG difference..

True, but say they want to (or are trying to) sing that high in pitch, and just cant do it? Alot of bands think they sound better than they are..and every now and then hearing some harsh stuff can be health for a band so they dont float away too much

Lombardo said:
Construtive criticisims and UN-constructive criticisims have a BIG difference.

totally agree.

i'm a design student myself and as designers we take ALOT of criticism. You can show your works in front of a whole class and everyone will start to whack you upside down on the things you should have done and the things you shouldn't have done. Of course it's constructive in that sense.

but coming back to constructive criticisim, i have to agree with what Lombardo said. If by just saying that "the bassist suck" or "the band sucks" you've gotta elaborate because it can mean anything or just a personal prejudice against the band just because the singer isn't handsome/pretty?

Slipkorn raised an issue that needs to be addressed and if the bands that were mentioned were reading this, maybe this could be a form of feedback for them to improve themselves.

Of course sometimes out of youthful excesses we tend to be a little careless with out words and not watch our tone in which i believe slipkorn had no intention to offend anyone at all.

At the same time, i just wanna say that everyone starts off somewhere. Even Korn themselves started off somewhere and i'm sure they had their fair share of out-of-tuned guitars and boo-boos.

Even as we grow as bands/musicians, let's together work and help out one another to grow in our technical skill/expression and not put anyone down.

Everyone has to start somewhere ...

2 cents worth, hope that helped.

fgl said:
and a happy new year too you lombster...whats happening with LOO? 8)

Hey hey! Happy 06! May 06 brings u lots of lobangs n gd health for u n ur family. LOO ok loh, we r concentrating on a mixture of originals n covers, and also me busy with another side proj band hee hee. C u sn in ur nxt performance ah ;p! :lol:

Back